Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can’t plan event at restaurant

Why isn’t it possible to plan a wedding event for rehearsal dinner or engagement dinner at a restaurant?

Comments

• Options
    Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    Purely speculation on my part, but I’m guessing it’s because it could be problematic for the AI.

You’d have all the normal restaurant customers trying to run on the regular script for seating, ordering, and eating food in conjunction with the regular AI script for guests of wedding-related parties.

And then there’s the wait staff, who weren’t originally programmed to seat and wait on (literal) parties that large.

Not to mention the group settings, where typically going to a restaurant requires all attending sims (NPC or not) to be in a single group in order to be seated at the same time.

I’m not sure that there’s a clean/effective way to do both restaurant gameplay and wedding events simultaneously without causing bugs.
  • Options
    lienne11lienne11 Posts: 192 Member
    I see. Yeah, that makes sense
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2022
    You can throw other types of parties (including original BG weddings) at restaurants, so I think it's just an oversight.

Normally they just pick tables as close to the original one as possible if there is overflow. Setting up a separate function room for parties is usually a good plan.
    Post edited by EmmaVane on
  • Options
    PlumbobiPlumbobi Posts: 95 Member
    I had the same problem too! I had a restaurant picked out and put in the game, but couldn't plan any of the events there :( I think it comes down to the AI honestly. Dine out is pretty glitchy, wedding stories is pretty glitchy, add the two together and computers may start crashing lol
    But at least I had fun with the bugs!
    https://youtu.be/PLDK6U09iwE
  • Options
    DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    Plumbobi: I already commented on another thread, but I repeat: your video is awesome. I laughed so hard. It was so fun to watch :) Subscribed :)
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    @EA_Cade do you know if this is by design or its an oversight or bug?
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Also no events on generic lots which really sucks because now I have to have unofficial bachelor parties at my gentleman clubs.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

Thanks for the tag, escalated this to the Sims team for review to determine if this is by design, bugged or simply an oversight.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »

Thanks for the tag, escalated this to the Sims team for review to determine if this is by design, bugged or simply an oversight.

I noticed I’m also not able to throw a wedding at
    Myshuno Meadows(Central park) or National park. All things i could do before I purchased the game.
  • Options
    SimQARoboSimQARobo Posts: 248 SimQA
    EA_Cade wrote: »

Regarding restaurant venues not being available for rehearsal dinner or engagement dinner, I heard that is by design.

The team is looking into adding back certain venue types for wedding events.
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en