Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding cakes as bday cakes?

Can the new wedding cakes be used as birthday cakes?
heartstopper-couple.gif

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member

No, unfortunately, they cannot. Someone may make a mod for that eventually, but unmodded, they can't.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    Oh, no. Why would they do that? :(
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    That's disappointing...
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Ah that's a shame some of them are so cute there are so many plenty to choose from too, ah well maybe the pack will get a reboot too and they might be convinced to add that.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    They should add the option for them. I'd love to use some of them as birthday cakes.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I'm wondering if the reason is because the cake is too tall and so it doesn't make sense with the current animation
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I'm wondering if the reason is because the cake is too tall and so it doesn't make sense with the current animation

I suspect that is at least part of the reason. But, not all the wedding cakes are too tall. The pillow cakes and heart cakes, for example, have a low enough profile that the animation for blowing out candles would look fine with them.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    edited February 2022
    Maybe the candles are set on a fixed height matching with bday cakes, but not with taller cakes. I assume the same goes for the wedding cake toppers, they are set too high for a bday cake, so they can probably not be used with bday cakes. That said, wedding cakes seem to come in various heights, so this should not be impossible to fix in the future.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited February 2022
    I was wondering the same thing just this morning, and I think it's a shame that it's not an option.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

I suspect that is at least part of the reason. But, not all the wedding cakes are too tall. The pillow cakes and heart cakes, for example, have a low enough profile that the animation for blowing out candles would look fine with them.

And candles work with the taller BG and Up All Night cakes -white cake, black and white and white and black cake-.

Keep also in mind that tea set animations work weird on coffee tables but they can still be placed there.
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Would have been nice if they made single layer versions of the cakes too, to use as birthday cakes. Or for smaller weddings/vow renewals.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

No, unfortunately, they cannot. Someone may make a mod for that eventually, but unmodded, they can't.

What about general cakes?
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Yeah I was real bummed about them not being able to be used as a birthday cake. I tried that today and alas it didn’t work. Oh well maybe in a patch they will fix it. Seems like a missed opportunity.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    3-tiered birthday cakes?

Is that to go with their birthday Lamborghini? Or their bespoke birthday morning Dom Perignon mimosa?

Ahh, living the life of Riley in the Sims.... :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited March 2022
    I honestly think there are much more pressing issues atm than this.
    I also honestly don't see them patching this in as the animations would have to be adjusted as well as the candle height.

I personally would much rather have them add at least one lactose free variant (when it comes to cake fixes). Or even better, fix the spoiling issues and broken cake states.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I honestly think there are much more pressing issues atm than this.
    I also honestly don't see them patching this in as the animations would have to be adjusted as well as the candle height.

I personally would much rather have them add at least one lactose free variant (when it Comedy to cake fixes). Or even better, fix the spoiling issues and broken cake states.

Carl could probably add it in a mod.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I don't think he can do animations.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    I've always been able to put both wedding toppers and birthday candles on the basegame cakes. Including smaller cakes such as white cake, and taller cakes such as black & white cake.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    That's disappointing...

Is the original tiered cake still available? You might see if that works. But, personally, I would only use such a fancy cake for a Birthday Milestone. 16, 18, 21, 30, 40, 50, 60, 65, etc. Otherwise it takes the charm away from the moment. Just my humble opinion.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/