Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories Negative Thread

Comments

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

Oh my Goodness, this sounds like The Wedding Bells from Hell. Ding Dong DOOM.
    I bet ya Dom and Cam (Doom and Sham) jinxed the freakin' bejeebies out of this pack. With their "story" . :D

M'afraid Tartosa's gonna have to wait for this desperate boy.
    I'm going to spend my Non-ey moon elsewhere.

"Cuppa Tea Captain?"
    No no, I'm grand thanks bye.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7

Karma's a female pooch, alright.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited February 2022
    idk my game is going slow motion 99% of time with all this lag so i haven't even considered trying to throw actual wedding yet p_p

but the walkbys are behaving in most absurd ways theyre doing coordinated selfies and other weird ritual activities next to me while i explore

also i still didnt find the other dancing style just couple one
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    This whole pack and everything about it is a dumpster fire.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    At the same time people are hurry to play to the new games and are ready to pay for an early access.
    Nobody is forcing us to buy them at the release date.
    Just it's a way to support the studio and show our trust.

Now everybody have an access to the public beta version instead of waiting for the final product years later.

I never pay full price for early access, and that goes double when talking about a AAA studio. Especially when the studio doesn't warn us that it's early access.

Valheim? Yes please. Graveyard Keeper? Of course. Baldur's Gate 3? Heck no, not at AAA price. ANYTHING EA? Why? They're earning enough for a full QA team.

However, at least in MWS there's no farting to add to the game play.

Unless one of the sims is a slob and you serve them franks and beans! >:)
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited February 2022
    Does it matter if people complain if they still purchase it? 🤔 maybe. Maybe not. But i think EA feels comfortable releasing this because they know their audience will still buy it.

I have been thinking about this one lately, I think when EA decides to release the pack in this state they are believing that it will still sell with the help of marketing.

But...a large portion of a game's player base are not watching their marketing (people tend to say 80%), just look at the views from their trailers or how many people that are watching their livestream. That's very low viewer numbers compared to how many that they claim are playing this game.

That means that a lot of people are just buying whatever pack they like, and I think because this pack was themed around romance and weddings a lot of people will end up buying it just for that. And when they will encounter the bugs, they will probably be very disappointed.

If this would have been Dream Home Decorator or something unusual, then I think people would not have cared as much...but this was about weddings so I don't think rushing this pack was a good move.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Hate how normal weddings are overridden by the glitch weddings. The world and BB are great, and the CAS is nice. It's a pack I'd have loved to get on sale once it's fixed.

I was gonna make a joke about dragons burning down these weddings, but it looks like the weddings don't need help sabotaging themselves.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    Too many bugs. I'm not interested. Won't be buying the pack as is. Tartosa looks good, so maybe grab the pack at a later time for the world when it goes on sale + bug fixes.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Isharell wrote: »
    My negative contribution to this thread: the world is TOO Beautiful! It makes me want to buy this pack even though I am not interested in weddings! Help me, my plan had been to wait till it was on sale! :D

I bought it right away and have zero regrets. There is so much to enjoy even without having a wedding event. I am sure the bugs some are having will be sorted.
    I have no lag which some are having. My cakes keep nicely in the fridge until I need them.

You are going to love this world. <3 I don't begrudge the $ because I spend that in a month on my chai lattes. I am also a very patient person.
    Must be all the chai I drink. Ha ha

I don't think that the world makes it justable buy a pack.Since the main features do not work.Or we should do all these workarounds rather it's cheats, tricks , or mods to get it to work.The pack is call My wedding Stories not welcome to Tarsso.

And I agree. Thank you for not jumping on me. <3 I was just responding to another poster. I don't blame simmers for being upset with pack and I hope the bugs get worked out.

Hoping things will improve when they can all go back to work normally. The devs that is not the simmers. :)

Thank you also @lunaoddity
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Does it matter if people complain if they still purchase it? 🤔 maybe. Maybe not. But i think EA feels comfortable releasing this because they know their audience will still buy it. I still have the conspiracy the Russia thing was a stunt for good press because they knew the pack would be bad.

The Reddit post I just linked touches on that point exactly: people willingly buying the pack that they know is buggy and also complaining about it.

Yeah I think we need a united front. Someone start a change.org petition :D but its hard to get simmers united because we all want different things.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member

Ya, weddings are a disaster - sim of honor even peed herself :D
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited February 2022
    Does it matter if people complain if they still purchase it? 🤔 maybe. Maybe not. But i think EA feels comfortable releasing this because they know their audience will still buy it.

I think what’s different is what each player thinks is worth spending their money on.

I bought tiny living mainly because of the Murphy bed. I was disappointed at the lack of joined objects to save space. Nothing for kitchen and bathroom zones 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    On the upside, EA is making it really easy on us to stop being completionists. I really thought I would eventually own every sims 4 pack. But thanks to the excellent mismanagement of TS4 I'm now several packs behind that don't even make it onto my "maybe when they go on sale" pile. So in a sense, at least they're saving me money to spend on something else.

Wait, should I put this in the positive thoughts thread?
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited February 2022
    Does it matter if people complain if they still purchase it? 🤔 maybe. Maybe not. But i think EA feels comfortable releasing this because they know their audience will still buy it. I still have the conspiracy the Russia thing was a stunt for good press because they knew the pack would be bad.

Actually that is exactly why it matters. People need to have principles. If they really don't care that it's broken - as in they don't actually care what the pack is about anyway, they just want more stuff for TS4 - then fine buy it.

But anyone who sees how broken it is, complains about it and still buys it, is essentially telling this company "idc how you treat me as a customer, I'll throw my bag of hard-earned money at you either way, so keep doing what you're doing".

I'm sure there are plenty of well-meaning sims loving employees at EA who read our feedback and maybe even argue with higher management about how they should probably at least attempt to listen to their players' feedback but let's be real: as long as the money comes rolling in, no one at the EA shareholder meeting is going to care about us wanting improved depth or personalities or even babies.

Why the plum would they? Really? So yeah ofc it matters. If 100% of the player base complains yet 70% of them still buy it on release and then another 10-15% eventually on sale, there is really very little incentive for them to change anything.

Same with TS5. If it is as multiplayer focused as it looks, something people have expressed over and over and over again that they don't want, but buy the game as soon as it releases anyway? Well none of those complaints still carry any weight. The only thing that matters is money.
  • Options
    DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    I wonder if someone tested Carl's mod fixing weddings? Because normal weddings in vanilla game don't work for me...
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Kironide wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the pack is being received on Twitter?

Badly there are a lot of comments of bugs and the pack not working. You know it’s bad when people are saying Batuu worked better then this pack and that pack was slated by the community.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Was anybody able to activate the officiant?
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited February 2022
    I took my mod folder out, thinking that was it and put in only mc command center, it is working a little better but still have bugs in the game, my last wedding someone tried to take off with my cake because it was spoiled and i had got the cake the night before the wedding but the cake did showed up...spoiled..
  • Options
    DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    Plumbobi: oh my God, I laughed so hard :D Great video!
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    Kironide wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the pack is being received on Twitter?

Badly there are a lot of comments of bugs and the pack not working. You know it’s bad when people are saying Batuu worked better then this pack and that pack was slated by the community.

Thanks, it's interesting to hear how things are unfolding. No official response from EA, I assume?
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Sims has always been buggy, especially when a new pack comes out. But omg I cannot believe how bad Wedding Stories is.

The guests all turned up in their everyday wear, sending sims down the aisle is a nightmare, the cake never showed up at the wedding (yes I put the cake as wedding cake), the guests don't sit, no one does any wedding activities and to top it off 2 sims died, the entertainer and my real life sim dad.

When are they meant to bringing out the patch to fix this God forsaken game pack.
    I dont know how they released it with all of these bugs.

It's a WEDDING pack and you cant even do the main thing it was made for.

Hey that sounds like one of my sims weddings from last year! Right down to the guests in Hawaiian shirts and flip-flops milling about not paying attention, and people dying, and the caterer not making a cake. Sometimes the caterer ghosts, or the musician does.

I'm sorry this pack is so terrible after having generating so much interest and having so much reaction to whether it would be available everywhere.

Hoping they fix it soon. But why does it seem like EA has no pride when it comes to this game only? Maybe they figure the fanbase for this game is different from all others in that it will accept anything and keep on paying? If that is so, that's a terrible waste of opportunity. Such loyalty is only found in the maligned ridiculed fans of an obscure team that almost never wins, and that kind of loyalty surely deserves vindication or at least some season tickets once in a while. We want our team to win, and we're out there shivering in the pumpkin patch year after year, waiting for the Great Pumpkin to emerge because We Have Faith! 😄 Cmon team, go team go! We know you can do it if you just get to it! *does high kick, busts own nose and falls down🤪*
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    @alanmichael1 I have looked at many videos of people who have the new pack and, no, no officiant, except in one case, the officiant chosen did not come, he was replaced by Bonehilda.
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    Changed one of my previous wedding venues to the wedding venue type and it made it useless
    All my wedding guests left the venue within 10 minutes
    Other sims wandered onto the lot , went to the toilet doors then turned round and left the lot
    Vampires came on and just running back and forward
    Found out the bars now if you put one on the lot , you have to hire bar staff they are not already there
  • Options
    PlumbobiPlumbobi Posts: 95 Member
    Plumbobi wrote: »
    I decided to try and have some fun with the bugs and take a drink each time it glitched...at least I had fun :D But no, the amount of bugs in this is ridiculous! And it goes beyond just the aspects of the pack! My sims were having issues just going to the fridge and cooking food :s
    https://youtu.be/PLDK6U09iwE

you must be drunk now :D

I was well beyond drunk by the time this was over :D
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top