Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Initial Impression of My Wedding Stories

For those that have purchased and played with the new pack, what do you think about it?

Initial Impression of My Wedding Stories 85 votes

It's Great! Buy it now!
20%
Bluegaylebshag4lvStormkeepcchant86DarkLady2788catloverplayermitchiebanjoFreygeaWinterKhirinMVWdeZTdogdancerQuaaymusteniGamingTweetySERVERFRASiggDiggitKerrigan 17 votes
Wish I would've waited for a sale
21%
Mstybl95jenpow01freindlylolalanmichael1DaiyuCarmineskitanita1LolaLuvsSimsblueyblueskyEvaliynMissimay94MDianaSimsCattyBetsyTTNsimmerHolidayElliandrephantlingHeathertibb 18 votes
I hate it
31%
ihavesorelegsnowsilverfawn20SchantalTorieKennziKaigeFonxi121994pajamajam07jazminesarahZeldaboy180twinklestick BreazonaExxCeeKyreRoenSheepilingabelhinha35Louise_G0325ddd994llejenasimms745UncagedSongbird 27 votes
Undecided...
27%
auroraael14windweaverOmri147aelias24WrenrySikoahGraceCrazyMotherCoolMontrase102Paigeisin5StinalinaKatiardgueztaydevDragonAge_300905lemonellaMissmagoo2DeeTsimsEricasFreePlaybirdonawireInuMiroLoverplumboy23 23 votes

Comments

• Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    I can't choose bride and groom for wedding event - help!
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Wish I would've waited for a sale
    Oh dangit...I clicked the darn thing as I meant to drag the screen. I just wanted to view the results. I have no opinion and didn't buy it.
  • Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    It's Great! Buy it now!
    I love the world and the build/buy items. I still think others have mentioned there are bugs with the actual wedding events. I bought the pack for the world so I am happy.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    PinkPaws66 wrote: »

I don’t want to be that person, but is your couple already engaged? Because they can’t be chosen as a wedding couple if they aren’t already engaged.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    PinkPaws66 wrote: »

Once your Sims are engaged, one of them starts the event planning. They will automatically be in the event plan -- you don't ever choose them.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    It's Great! Buy it now!
    I'm loving the world and all the objects. You have to click on the gossip thru the grapevine. Some of them are hilarious. My couple aren't ready to plan their wedding just yet but I am having a vow renewal. Also there are more wedding venues in the gallery and one is a lovely chapel.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    It's Great! Buy it now!
    I wish there was a voting option between "It's Great!" and "Wait for a sale". I'm enjoying it, I really love the new world, I am not having any issues...but "Great" is a really high bar.

Tartosa is definitely great, and I really like a lot of the new CAS stuff...but still...I don't know if I think the pack as a whole is great yet, I need more time to formulate a full opinion.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Undecided...
    I bought it for the world. I haven't opened the game with the pack installed yet, tried but got a notice a hidden update thingie wanted me to restart the game.
  • Options
    DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    I bought it for the world too. Nothing seems to work for me, i.e. wedding ceremony.
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    well impression atm is that it rendered my game unplayable and i am ready to scream in agony

but i'll hold my opinions cause i need go snooze and tomorrow i shall find out if the game repair ends my agony
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Undecided...
    Im only undecided because I hope they can fix the game play. The world, CAS and new BB are all nice but the weddings are fully unplayable at this point. I can't actually recommend it for weddings but if anyone is interested in the world, CAS and BB it's okay and easily picked up on a sale if they can't resolve the wedding game play.
  • Options
    CrazyMotherCoolCrazyMotherCool Posts: 17 Member
    Undecided...
    I've planned to buy it today but I've changed my mind, prefer to wait until the game is playable
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    edited February 2022
    Undecided...
    Here’s the thing, I love this pack. I adore the theme as a whole, the world, the CAS assets and the Build/Buy assets. I think the variety of bouquets and wedding cakes are a dream. In my book, the pack is wonderful because I bought it solely for the items previously listed. In this case, I’d recommend the pack to anyone who wants the pack for the “things” it adds.

I know there are bugs that have an effect the gameplay of this pack. I totally get it if people want to wait it out until the gameplay bugs are minimized. I’m not completely sure on if I’d recommend the pack for the “experience” it’s supposed to add. I personally plan to continue observing other’s experiences with the gameplay to form an opinion.
    Post edited by lemonella on
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Undecided...
    I've heard it's a beautiful pack but you can't play it.
    So I'll see what happens...
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    Undecided...
    This is the first time I am actually not purchasing a pack during launch. The reports of lag and bugs makes me nervous. The world looks so beautiful too. I hope it gets the attention it needs to become a fun pack. I will wait this one out.
  • Options
    ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    I hate it
    Bugs bugs buggy bug bugs... soooooo buggy.
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Undecided...
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    I've heard it's a beautiful pack but you can't play it.
    So I'll see what happens...
    It's Sims 3 Island Paradise all over again. Pretty pack but so glitchy it's unplayable.
  • Options
    mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    It's Great! Buy it now!
    I'm buying it for the world and the ability to draw in the sand *snicker*. I have never thrown a party or had a wedding through 4 versions of this game and I'm not gonna start now. ;)
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Thank you for the feedback from everyone who has bought the pack. I'm still on the fence so y'all's replies are helping me make a decision.
  • Options
    It's Great! Buy it now!
    Thank you for the feedback from everyone who has bought the pack. I'm still on the fence so y'all's replies are helping me make a decision.

I threw in a test couple and carls wedding mod. I had them and two guests. I did not have a ring bearer nor a flower pal. I had them do cake, toast, dance ,vows have a seat , walk down the isle.

I was able to have a nice wedding by keeping things small. That said, I baked the cake and changed everyone's clothes before the wedding.

My guests did gather for the cake and the toast and the whole event was not horrble. They did take their seats and threw rice on command.

Like I previously indicated, I bought the pack for the world but my test wedding was do-able, at least for me. All in all, it felts like a small wedding.
  • Options
    TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    None of these accurately capture my impression. I don't regret buying it now because I'm pretty confident they are going to work this all out but it's definitely unfinished in terms of the actual wedding event(s) themselves. Everything looks lovely, CAS is good etc. But the actual mechanics of the gameplay are yikes.

Great idea, embarrassing execution.

I'm not mad because I don't have it out for The Sims 4 in general. I'm enjoying this game a lot, every aspect of it. I just know that they should've cooked this one for another month or 2. Much like the Russian situation, this whole mess could've been easily avoided. They've kicked the hornet's nest for no reason lol.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Freygea wrote: »

I threw in a test couple and carls wedding mod. I had them and two guests. I did not have a ring bearer nor a flower pal. I had them do cake, toast, dance ,vows have a seat , walk down the isle.

I was able to have a nice wedding by keeping things small. That said, I baked the cake and changed everyone's clothes before the wedding.

My guests did gather for the cake and the toast and the whole event was not horrble. They did take their seats and threw rice on command.

Like I previously indicated, I bought the pack for the world but my test wedding was do-able, at least for me. All in all, it felts like a small wedding.

Thanks for your reply, Freygea! This kicked me off the fence and got me to buy the pack. Ever since the Sims 3, I've found all the sims games to be unplayable without mods, so getting a mod to fix EA's mishaps was a given for me. Fingers crossed it won't be a buggy mess for me with this mod installed now.
  • Options
    It's Great! Buy it now!
    Freygea wrote: »

Thanks for your reply, Freygea! This kicked me off the fence and got me to buy the pack. Ever since the Sims 3, I've found all the sims games to be unplayable without mods, so getting a mod to fix EA's mishaps was a given for me. Fingers crossed it won't be a buggy mess for me with this mod installed now.

I do not know if it is allowed so I did not leave a link. You can search youtube for Carl's wedding mod video. I watched it then planned accordingly. I think, for now, smaller and less is best.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    It's Great! Buy it now!
    I'm not mad because I don't have it out for The Sims 4 in general. I'm enjoying this game a lot, every aspect of it. I just know that they should've cooked this one for another month or 2.

Their fiscal quarter ends in a few days. The people who make the decisions care far more about their investors than about us (Simmers).
    I'm sure the folks who actually worked on the pack told them many, many, many times that they needed a few more months. Decision-makers/Upper-management are really good at not listening to the people who actually know what they are talking about.

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I'm not mad because I don't have it out for The Sims 4 in general. I'm enjoying this game a lot, every aspect of it. I just know that they should've cooked this one for another month or 2.

Their fiscal quarter ends in a few days. The people who make the decisions care far more about their investors than about us (Simmers).
    I'm sure the folks who actually worked on the pack told them many, many, many times that they needed a few more months. Decision-makers/Upper-management are really good at not listening to the people who actually know what they are talking about.

I will say, as much as the packs sometimes frustrate me, I do feel bad for the devs and think they must often be in a no-win situation. We ask them for complicated/in-depth things. When they don't do them, we complain about packs being too simple/recycled. When they do try to do more ambitious things, and it takes longer than anticipated, then they have pressure both from above and from the community. It must be as frustrating for them as it is for us.