Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories Negative Thread

Comments

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,466 Member
    Jwan wrote: »
    There is a grammatical error in the description of Porto Luminosa. It says 'Overtime the village flourished'. It should be 'Over time', the word overtime is a verb that describes working over scheduled hours, it does not have the same meaning as 'over time'. I hope this can be corrected because it bugs me.

No no, they actually meant that the village was flourishing over scheduled hours. Porto Luminosa’s scheduled flourish hours would be from 9-5, but on Wednesdays and Thursdays it flourished until 8pm. Doing overtime.

It’s just that whoever wrote it was trying to do a Yoda without doing a proper Yoda.
    That’s the part that bugs me.
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    I think back fondly on that time we were called negative nancies for pointing out the increased lack of polish in packs, being told we were exaggerating.

Funny how that permissive attitude didn't encourage them to improve the game huh. I'm flabbergasted. Who could have seen this coming. Shocked I tell you.

Hahaha where is the lie? Honestly though, were releases ever polished for this game? Looking back even base game came out rushed and missing core features, and as mentioned above it has become worse and worse.. The management behind this game has been horrible, sorry EA.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2022
    Felicity wrote: »
    happyopi wrote: »
    I think back fondly on that time we were called negative nancies for pointing out the increased lack of polish in packs, being told we were exaggerating.

Funny how that permissive attitude didn't encourage them to improve the game huh. I'm flabbergasted. Who could have seen this coming. Shocked I tell you.

Given that Sims 2 and Sims 3 were absolute buggy messes at the end of their lives, I'm not sure why anyone expected anything different from Sims 4.

The only pack was buggy for me was IP and I did not see Sims 3 as a buggy mess as it is subjective depending on who you ask. But you are right about some people thinking Sims 4 was not going to have problems. For me EA/Maxis Sims series depend heavily on the AI system and then all the packs that are in this version as well the older versions must be in synch and if not tweaked problems can occur and how soon or how they locate the bugs can be time consuming as they must go through the code to see what is not working.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Kelvin wrote: »
    Saw this on reddit, hahahaha :joy:
    https://youtu.be/r45IDL1rL38

I swear the pack was created for the trailer .
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    They're literally pushing out content just for the sake of having new content out, without properly focusing on problems/bugs the game already has. The problem is, this game wasn't built on a solid foundation (but then again, none of them were) hence the constant breaking of old interactions and basic gameplay functions. I updated the game for the first time in months the other day, opened up the game and was faced with CONSTANT stuttering for the entire 5 minutes that I had the game open. I would love nothing more than to be able to mod the game to my hearts content to shape the game to how I want it to be but this game is just not in a good state, I'm not sure if it ever has been.

I saw on Reddit the other how it would be great if the Sims team just stopped putting out packs for a while (like honestly, who would be upset if we didn't get new content for a few months to a year) just to work on their list (which is quite long) of existing problems with the game, and provide a better base to work on before adding more stuff to bloat and break an already broken and bloated game.

And I know I'm late, but the livestream... :#
    I haven't cringed that hard and for that long in a while, it was embarrassing to watch. I'm not sure if I've ever actually enjoyed any of their livestreams, but this was was just sad.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    They're literally pushing out content just for the sake of having new content out, without properly focusing on problems/bugs the game already has. The problem is, this game wasn't built on a solid foundation (but then again, none of them were) hence the constant breaking of old interactions and basic gameplay functions. I updated the game for the first time in months the other day, opened up the game and was faced with CONSTANT stuttering for the entire 5 minutes that I had the game open. I would love nothing more than to be able to mod the game to my hearts content to shape the game to how I want it to be but this game is just not in a good state, I'm not sure if it ever has been.

I saw on Reddit the other how it would be great if the Sims team just stopped putting out packs for a while (like honestly, who would be upset if we didn't get new content for a few months to a year) just to work on their list (which is quite long) of existing problems with the game, and provide a better base to work on before adding more stuff to bloat and break an already broken and bloated game.

I haven't cringed that hard and for that long in a while, it was embarrassing to watch. I'm not sure if I've ever actually enjoyed any of their livestreams, but this was was just sad.

I mean, we kind of did have that for a bit and people were complaining cause we were mostly getting kits since Cottage Living and folks wanted new gameplay (and the CAS/BB kits devs are not the same one who work on programming gameplay).
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member

You're right it wasn't built on a solid foundation. Neither was the last one. You've just reminded me of the Last Venue of Amore, from the Sims3 store and that was literally the description, "built on a foundation of sand". That always stuck with me.
    If we get Sims 5 I hope EA have the sense to make it a solid foundation this time. Even if that means going to Epic for Unreal Engine. Because goodness knows they can't seem to do it.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited February 2022

There's not really a correlation between the rate of content and the quality of the packs.

We had a year that was filled with Kits, which are easier to make and quicker to produce than regular packs. You'd think since Kits are easier to make, they'd have more time to make the game better, right? Wrong. As is quite clear, the game is not very stable and more buggy than ever.

Since they were only releasing Kits, they should have had more time to work on the Weddings Stories pack, since the last substantial pack wasn't released since July. But, apparently, it didn't work out that way.

I think the bad quality of this pack is not because they're trying to release too much content, but because of lack of staff, lack of funds and corporate, bureaucratic bloat.
    Post edited by bixters on
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    deleted
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    *Double post* deleted

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    BlueR0se wrote: »

I mean, we kind of did have that for a bit and people were complaining cause we were mostly getting kits since Cottage Living and folks wanted new gameplay (and the CAS/BB kits devs are not the same one who work on programming gameplay).

Yeah, we did have just kits for 6 months, and it doesn't look like it helped them fixing any more things with this game than usual.

Don't forget the "Kits won't effect the release of content". LOL.

after hearing about all the bugs i'm willing to wait. technically it wasn't kits i think it was them trying to decide on russia and more bugs than ecpected i think a lot of them are working from home.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited February 2022
    Kelvin wrote: »
    Saw this on reddit, hahahaha :joy:
    https://youtu.be/r45IDL1rL38
    It's like false advertising from EA. :/
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Aside from the bugs, which I am hoping are mostly fixed, I dislike that they didn't even attempt to give us an adequate amount of veils. What they gave us is just pitiful.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    I can't believe that candles don't work on the new cake. Why would you limit them like that.

I also wished aisles worked better. Maybe the sim could have stayed locked to the end they walked up to. Or they could have slotted into arch and they would have stayed standing there. Right now it just looks awkward. The other sim isn't paying attention or facing the right way.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I can't believe that candles don't work on the new cake. Why would you limit them like that.

I also wished aisles worked better. Maybe the sim could have stayed locked to the end they walked up to. Or they could have slotted into arch and they would have stayed standing there. Right now it just looks awkward. The other sim isn't paying attention or facing the right way.

On the plus side we could probably have some sort of fashion runaway show using those aisles.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited February 2022
    We have kit packs instead of Stuff Packs, yet this feels like a Stuff Pack with a few frills. If there was no world or new events then it would be a Stuff Pack because the bb content is really limited for a GP with a world attatched.

It's not just that it's mostly focused on weddints - this is a wedding pack after all. There's just not a whole lot of it period.

Know what would have been cool with this world? A PIRATE GAMEPACK.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I wonder if the world was meant for another pack and they just stuck it in the wedding pack so they could call it a game pack. Especially as the pack doesn't have much Mediterranean stuff in it, ie food, furniture, clothes, etc.
  • Options
    Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    edited February 2022
    LJK wrote: »
    Lol, they call the flower girl "flower pal". I find that sad.

Just thought you might want to know, in more modern weddings in East Asia, the flower bearers are not restricted to only girls, so I rather appreciate this move. Humans have always been able to admire the beauty of florae since ancient text; it’s silly in the near-centuries that some only find them appropriate for one of the sexes.

Not to derail the discussion, but yes, this pack does seem to fit in the “statements over entertainments (gameplay)” trend of late… sigh
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,194 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    I don't understand why they felt the need to make a new world with this pack. We don't need another world just for weddings. I feel like the weddings/gameplay would've been much better if they focused more on the weddings/gameplay itself instead of adding a new world.

I think it's more we need a new world in general.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top