Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have You Changed Your Mind About My Wedding Stories?

Comments

• Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    Yes, I am still going to buy it
    The world is lovely and I am very happy with all the build/buy items. My simmie is a klutz (has the clumsy trait) so I was never expecting her wedding to go off without any glitches, to begin with. : )
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited February 2022
    I will buy it on sale as I just want the world/CAS/BB
    I would advise everyone to just be patient and wait for release. Good things come to those who wait. 😊

Patience is something I’m bad at. 😂

I will probably get this next week as I’ve got what and who is going to Tartosa already!

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I will buy it when most of the bugs in it are fixed
    I would advise everyone to just be patient and wait for release. Good things come to those who wait. 😊

Patience is something I’m bad at. 😂 but I’ll try! 😎
    Haha, I have no patience whatsoever but we have no choice other than to wait.

*crosses fingers for successful squishing of nasty bugs*
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member

Patience is something I’m bad at. 😂

I will probably get this next week as I’ve got what and who is going to Tartosa already!

I think patience is something all simmers are bad at (though my advice is to not really say that on YouTube. Oh boy was there a lot of anger for people saying that they were upset because they took time off and now have to wait. It's sad there).
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Other
    Buying it before was a definite "maybe when it's on sale." However, after watching a video review of this pack just now I've changed my decision to "No. I won't be wasting my money on this mess."

Some of the Build and Buy items looked nice. The town looked like it was a decent size. I like what they've done with some of the buildings to make them functional. But then I saw the clown-themed CAS items. One hairstyle for male Sims, really? The options for females include two with the veil attached to the hair. The veil isn't an accessory. Throughout the video, the usual stalker premade Sims from other worlds were intruding everywhere. The parties and the ceremony activities are glitched in so many different ways. This pack still needs a lot of work.

Bach Party & Flower Pal? How about coming up with new terms instead of twisting old standards? Oh right, you'd have to be creative and use your own imaginations.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Yes I still plan to buy it, but it won't be on release as I have to wait for a payday where I can afford to splurge a little, so it may already have some bugs ironed out by the time I do.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2022
    Yes I'm still buying it.

What's not to love?

Better Weddings

Another beach world Tartosa which is very beautiful and also has a waterfall man made beach.

The Slowdance and Line Dancing is included and locked to this pack.

A lot of the build buy items can be used for Love Day.

Tartosa is a romantic world and even has hearts and wedding rings drawn into the pavement.

The new fountain and piano looks very romantic.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I will buy it if it gets fixed. I don’t see the point in buying broken content. The game already has enough issues in that regard.
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Other
    I'll buy it on sale or whenever the bug fixes come down the pipeline. Whichever comes first. I really want a new world plus the Indian themed CAS, but I'd rather do weddings the old way if nothing works correctly.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I was already planning to wait a little while before I bought the pack, so the news about the bugs just reinforces my decision.
  • Options
    gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    Other
    I had plans on buying it, up until the review videos released.. Judging from the trailer and previous game packs (Excluding Home Decorator) I thought there would be a heap of new gameplay but in reality there isn't.. Weddings will be better if and when they fix all the bugs, but the fact that the wedding pre-events such as the Bach Party and Engagement Dinner (seen in Plumbella's review today) are basically the same event with different names has really disappointed me.

The new world however is beautiful and the Build & Buy and CAS is a nice addition but I don't think those alone is worth the price at the moment.
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    yes i am still buying it
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    Will eventually get it for the world, but only at sale price. Unless they perform miracles over the next week and can sort out the glitches.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    I was never interested in the wedding part of this pack, so I was always on the fence whether to wait for a sale or not. But after seeing the contents of this pack in more detail, I've decided to wait for a sale. There is nothing in this pack I need right away. I have plenty of saves I'm juggling right now, and even a vacation to Tartosa probably is a long way off for most of them. The slow dancing and tea set are nice, but are not enough to get me to buy this right away. I can and will wait.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Waiting to see if bugs and main gameplay will be fixed. If not, then it’s time to get vocal on social media about the problems.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I was going to wait until the first sale and now I'm pretty sure I'll wait and make sure the core gameplay is working first. I recall with Eco Lifestyle that took three or four patches so I might have to wait until the second or third sale. Still getting it though.
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    Yes, I am still going to buy it, but I am going to wait until the modders get a hold of it and fix it up a bit. I was planning on buying it this weekend and playing all through, but next weekend I have family in town so I'm in no rush to buy it anymore.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    A lot of the buy build items in this pack can also be used for decorating for Love Day that came in Seasons.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    Yes, but only because of the new world, slow dance and clothes. Also buggy weddings opened up some hilarious ideas after seeing DrGluon's video about this pack. :D
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I usually buy day one but I’m going to hold off on this one because of all the issues it’s having and I want to make sure my upcoming sims wedding goes as smoothly as possible. I don’t really need the pack right now so I’ve given myself a little challenge of finishing the most recent part of my current story before purchasing. I don’t need the pack to do that although I really love the debug items that come with the new world! Hopefully there will be a sale on the pack by the time I’m finished!

Fingers crossed
  • Options
    GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    edited February 2022
    Nope, haven’t changed my mind. I don’t buy on release and that still stands.

Even though the pack isn’t entirely what I had hoped for, I love new worlds and slow dancing has been high on my list of wishes so I will most likely be getting at some point. I’m just not sure when. I have one wedding in one of my saves that I have been working towards for quite a while (I just keep getting sidetracked), but I have a forest wedding in mind for that occasion so I don’t need Tartosa for that. Slow dancing on the other hand is a different story, that I’d really like to have. Time will tell whether I “need” the pack before a sale or not.

However, this I’d also really like to know:
    haisin wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Even if I didn't already have it I would buy it for the world and object gameplay (cakes, tea set, floristry additions etc.)

I could still use the BG weddings with all the new items until the bugs are fixed with traditions based objects and events.

Does that mean that the BG wedding event is still available as a separate event?
    I'd love to know this too! I'm not quite sure, but they changed the wedding kiss, right? I'm afraid I may miss the old wedding ceremony and kiss, so it would be cool if I could still have that too if I want.

I haven’t really done a wedding in any of my saves yet, so if installing this pack will override the base game wedding, the I should probably get around to trying them out before it might be too late.
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    I'm still going to buy it. I love new worlds!
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    I would have still bought it on the 17th because I took today off and I want to build in Tartosa! :'(
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The only thing that surprised me and changed my mind at all with this pack is slow dancing being done well or at least it seems since I have not experienced it myself. Besides this I expected the wedding game play to be buggy and not work the Sims team did not let me down there and I knew male CAS would basically be non-existent 1 hair and reused meshes for those horrible pants. When people say weddings are for men to the Sims team clearly disagrees, they get bare minimum.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    I'm pretty pragmatic about the Sims 4, I know it's not great, gameplay wise, but I like the graphics and I love what builders do (I loved Sims 2 but could never get into Sims 3, and I think it was a graphics thing). I'm lucky to play on a PC so I can add mods to my game just like I did with Sims 2. My game play is realistic and based on world building, so I'm not super concerned with the Wedding aspect. I'm buying it mostly for Tartosa so my backpacker sims have a new place to crash. However, I do want to wait until this is on sale. My view is that this is about as robust as Paranormal, so I want to wait until it costs as much as Paranormal did. The last two things I've bought full price are Paranormal and Cottage Living, as I consider those fully fleshed out pieces of DLC.