Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should slow dancing be base game instead of just part of one pack?

So I noticed that after the patch, slow dancing didn't seem to be a thing for base game. It wasn't an option on the dance floors from other packs either when I was trying to find it. I was a bit disappointed about this since I really love romantic interactions, so I'm wondering what everyone else thinks about it. Do you think that it should be added into base game so Sims can dance together while listening to music anywhere, or should it stay in its own pack?

Should slow dancing be base game instead of just part of one pack? 82 votes

Yes
71%
CK213GoldmoldarGalacticGalMadameLeesuetoopScrapdashbabajayneCynnamaggiemae8135Cinebarmueller_litetaydevjcp011c2benson2006XxAirixXCassandra52182Emo-usagi2187rjssimChadSims2Oldeseadogge 59 votes
No
19%
windweaverMichelleWdanacnbrettshellbemefriendlysimmersg01denswanwongfoo2003bevilleBabykittyjadeDoloresGreyOnverserStrawberryYogurtPamtastic72AmandèleNikkihGeralt_ofRivia 16 votes
Maybe
8%
annaliese39EnkiSchmidthaisinnerdfashionSimmingalFlikka_FlikkaLT24 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Well I always think that basic relationship interactions in a "life simulation" game should be available to everybody regardless if you own the pack, because you know ..... that's part of life.

That would be like only the rich and wealthy people (AKA those people who purchased a pack), could be the only people who were able to slow dance in RL.

So, yeah it absolutely should have been patched into the basegame, but this is TS4 we're talking about and the packs are so tiny already, if they took it out and added it to the basegame, that's one less gameplay interaction that pack introduces, and it already has extremely minimal game play outside of planning a wedding event.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    Yes
    Ideally yes. But like Chicklet said, this GP already offers little new gameplay.

Jungle Adventure had Rumbasim, but that had more content going on.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,579 Member
    My 2 cents:
    - If it we're BG, there wouldn't be enough content to justify it being a GP
    - slow dancing was - to my knowledge - never a Base Game feature in previous iterations.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yes
    Of course, but it won't.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    No
    It'd be nice, but I don't really have any issue with it being in a pack with a relevant theme
  • Options
    talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    It's good to see all of your opinions here so far! Do you guys think that the game pack release date being pushed back could affect things? I'm personally hoping they will add a little bit more content in and make slow dancing a base game thing so that everyone can have their Sims dance together.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yes
    83bienchen wrote: »
    My 2 cents:
    - slow dancing was - to my knowledge - never a Base Game feature in previous iterations.

Yes, but since TS4 in over seven years has never implemented couples dancing facing each other and or even 'together' without a crowd of other Sims, this is why it should have been a base game patch. "Dance together" was in all base games but TS4 so...yeah slow dancing should be added to base game to correct that lack of animations, relationship building, and memories.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,722 Member
    edited February 2022
    Yes
    Because limiting it to one pack limits it from being used in other packs.

What are they gonna do if they ever do a generations pack and want to do prom?
  • Options
    Yes
    logion wrote: »

Resell the animation for Proms. :p
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited February 2022
    Yes
    The fact that you didn't actually need the dance floors in order to be able to slow dance (just turn on some music and you can have Sims slow dance right there) is proof enough why slow dancing should be a base game feature. But like everyone else has already said, it won't.

Maybe in a few years from now if they need the slow dancing for other packs they'll "emancipate it" just like they did with the Seasons calendar.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes
    I do think they should have patched in a basic slow dance then added more variety of couple dances with the pack.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,968 Member
    edited February 2022
    Maybe
    I think they should have done it like

Base game : basic slow teenager disco dance you know the type where sims just hug swaysway kinda like one in ts3
    Wedding pack : the couple dance they did add
    additional update: Couple Rumba sim for Jungle Adventure
    additional update 2: Couple club dance for Get Together
    additional update 3: Couple fire dance for Island Living?

basically: this couple dance should not exclude possibility of other couple dance styles existing in the game
    just do it in other styles for other packs and/or base game
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,579 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    My 2 cents:

Yes, but since TS4 in over seven years has never implemented couples dancing facing each other and or even 'together' without a crowd of other Sims, this is why it should have been a base game patch. "Dance together" was in all base games but TS4 so...yeah slow dancing should be added to base game to correct that lack of animations, relationship building, and memories.

Dancing facing each other is something I was hoping would come as a Base Game update with the patch.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Maybe this sort of thing will come in the next patch? I saw somewhere that the patch comes out when the pack is released, so there could be a chance for slow dancing to be base game! :)
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited February 2022
    With how the pack is looking, probably not as I'm not seeing a whole lot of substance and gameplay to it.

Less they want to make the slow dancing a lot less extra or do a new animation completely for the base game for something a bit more simple would be nice. Wouldn't mind it then as I been wanting slow dancing for so long, but with a pack that seems to only have a few things for gameplay? Probably not, but who knows?
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Sadly it looks like slow dancing was not added in the patch today. :( Maybe next time! Anyway, I love seeing what everyone has to say about this! Romantic interactions are my favorite, so I will always want more of them to be in the game.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Yes
    My 2 cents:

Perhaps not, but it didn't take 8 years to add it, either.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Yes
    logion wrote: »

It will be a disappearing rabbit hole like the circus, opera, and plays are now
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,970 Member
    Yes
    If any kind of dance is available in the base game, then slow dancing should be part of the base game to me and not to do that is looking more and more like nickel and diming to me.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Yes
    Yes, Why not should just my wedding stories what about the teens or want to do a base game wedding? If don't get the pack isn't fair for those who don't want to buy this pack, Have to buy it in order to slow dance? If we had it in ts3 base game slow dance? But we can't do here sims 4.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited March 2022
    No
    Not everything should be added to base game, the sims 3 didn't have it in base game either, the developers still need to make money so they get paid for their work, everything can't be added for free, I understand some frustration with the sims 4 but apparently everything should be added for free because its release was bad
  • Options
    Yes
    The slow dance in the wedding pack is more like the added extra classic dance in TS2. It's not the same animations as the slow dance that came in Nightlife nor does TS4's slow dance have all the options. However, it's very much like TS2's classic dance where one sim tips another and they kiss etc. Because it's more of a slow waltz slow dance and not a couple's slow dance like TS2, it may not be patched into a base game however, two Sims facing each other Finally should be in the base game for sure.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    edited March 2022
    Yes
    I think it should, and if the wedding pack had more gameplay in it, it probably would have been. As others have said though, it didn't offer much new, so I'm not suprised they're keeping slow dancing exclusive.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,024 Member
    I feel like anything you can do IRL, without the need of special items, should be basegame. So locking the organ-playing skill behind a pack makes sense, but not singing. Plus, those basic functions might be needed for other packs. For example, singing has been used in City Living, Seasons (singing carols), and will probably be needed for any music pack we get.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017