Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories Negative Thread

Comments

• Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited February 2022
    deleted double post
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited February 2022
    @CelSims I couldn’t agree more! When I first saw the theme I was so excited, I’ve wanted a wedding/romance pack for a long time. However as more info has come out, the very buggy live stream, as well as everything surrounding the issues for Russian simmers, it has just turned me off. My husband keeps asking if I’m going to buy it, and for the first time ever (with a new pack) I’m unsure about that answer. My Sims current weddings using the CC, mods, and other packs do not look that different than this pack, I feel like I’d just be paying for the world (extra cake swatches too I guess?).
    This is how my Sim weddings look now, so what would I gain?
    xOPFhRC.png
    ToZyJP6.png

• Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    @CelSims I couldn’t agree more! When I first saw the theme I was so excited, I’ve wanted a wedding/romance pack for a long time. However as more info has come out, the very buggy live stream, as well as everything surrounding the issues for Russian simmers, it has just turned me off. My husband keeps asking if I’m going to buy it, and for the first time ever (with a new pack) I’m unsure about that answer. My Sims current weddings using the CC, mods, and other packs do not look that different than this pack, I feel like I’d just be paying for the world (extra cake swatches too I guess?).
    This is how my Sim weddings look now, so what would I gain?
    xOPFhRC.png
    ToZyJP6.png

Love the pictures, that veil looks lovely!

I would usually go ahead and buy the pack anyway for the new world. I really feel that for me, enough is enough at this point. EA doesn't care that I think the content is not worth paying for if I just go and buy it for the world anyway.
    I own all the game packs, expansions and stuff packs. This will be the first I don't buy. The only way I could justify it to myself at this point is IF they fix all the bugs that are coming out with it AND it's on at least a 50% discount. Nothing is worth paying even a penny for if it is broken.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Thank you for the compliment @CelSims :)
    I think for me it boils down to do I want to pay $20 for a pack with
    -buggy gameplay (+bugs that already exist not being fixed, guests getting stuck/not paying attention, etc., etc.)
    -items I already have (buffet table/fountain, dance floor, etc.)
    -reused and or poor animations (tea set, toast, feed cake, etc.)
    -more party types that amount to the same thing we can already do (wedding, dinner party, house party, etc)
    Ok, the list is getting longer than I care to type on my phone. Really it just shocks me that this is the best they can do? I know the pandemic limitations are hard, my house has worked from home/homeschooled 100% to this day, but that really isn't an excuse for poor quality work.
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    What you say you want steak, have this meatball and be happy we feed you at all. 😋

This had potential as an EP, would have been able to add more gameplay, but this sounds like a stuff pack with a tiny world tossed in, since they don't make stuff packs any more.

I tend to be negative when it comes to this game, but I hope it's better than I expect, because I need a reason to play again and I wanted a wedding pack, but I won't get my hopes up.
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    Thank you for the compliment @CelSims :)
    I think for me it boils down to do I want to pay $20 for a pack with
    -buggy gameplay (+bugs that already exist not being fixed, guests getting stuck/not paying attention, etc., etc.)
    -items I already have (buffet table/fountain, dance floor, etc.)
    -reused and or poor animations (tea set, toast, feed cake, etc.)
    -more party types that amount to the same thing we can already do (wedding, dinner party, house party, etc)
    Ok, the list is getting longer than I care to type on my phone. Really it just shocks me that this is the best they can do? I know the pandemic limitations are hard, my house has worked from home/homeschooled 100% to this day, but that really isn't an excuse for poor quality work.

I agree. If not for the world this should have been a stuff pack. It's just an update to the wedding system and I could probably make a better wedding with content they've given us already. I have Get To Work so I can make my sims go dress shopping and buy cakes. Its what I do anyways.
    Sidenote, we should have more family options in CAS like cousin, step-father, ect. by now and not just fiancee.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    I'm really surprised that there are no traditional veils and that the only one we have is the small fishnet topper looking one. Like I'm not even into weddings really, but that's a pretty common staple, at least for most western ones. Not necessary, but for a pack on weddings I'd expect at least one hair to have it + with a veil attached if they can't have it as a separate headpiece.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited February 2022
    The Sims Community posted the CAS items for the pack and I can't say I'm that impressed... 4 hairstyles for female sims and.. 1 for male sims :| As for the clothes, none of it is really groundbreaking in my opinion, we already have some nice wedding clothes and I don't think anything here feels like a major improvement on what's already there which is a shame. This really does feel like a world pack because I'm struggling to see any other strengths
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    The more we know about the content, the more it looks like a stuff pack + world...
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    I have to say I'm a little confused as to why there is such a strong focus for Chinese/Indian CAS...in a Mediterranean inspired world? I can understand that they're trying to cover as many variety of wedding attires as they can but I feel like the focus on Chinese & Indian stuff is a bit of an odd choice given the location is more Mediterranean inspired? The Chinese one I can at least understand a little cause it's going to be Chinese New Year soon but idk.

The clothes are nice, but nothing really sticks out to me. But I'm not into wedding garbs, honestly. I will say I appreciate the men's clothing lines more this time around.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    I have to say I'm a little confused as to why there is such a strong focus for Chinese/Indian CAS...in a Mediterranean inspired world? I can understand that they're trying to cover as many variety of wedding attires as they can but I feel like the focus on Chinese & Indian stuff is a bit of an odd choice given the location is more Mediterranean inspired? The Chinese one I can at least understand a little cause it's going to be Chinese New Year soon but idk.

The clothes are nice, but nothing really sticks out to me. But I'm not into wedding garbs, honestly. I will say I appreciate the men's clothing lines more this time around.

To be honest I think I would have preferred them to either include only one Chinese/Indian Outfit or none and provide that as part of a free update.

I feel like there’s a lot of styles that are just messing. No big ballgown, no sparkly dress, no slip dress for beach weddings, no tea length dress. I think i just want more wedding dress. No long or medium length western veil (even if it was came attached to a hairstyle.

Personally there are a couple outfits I love but first impressions this is one of the weaker CAS for resent packs. Which is a shame because its one of my favorite parts and the team usually kills it.

• Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    edited February 2022
    I am not very impressed with the CAS. I hope that some creators will make nice wedding dresses and veils.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I like the afro hair. Can't wait to get it when they patch it into the basegame next year.

Which is dissapointing
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I like the afro hair. Can't wait to get it when they patch it into the basegame next year.

At this point, whenever I see Afro textured hair in dlc, I’m just gonna wonder: “Gee. Wonder when this’ll get patched into the base game.” Because why make new hairs when you can just convert old ones to the base game?
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited February 2022
    BlueR0se wrote: »

The lack of a traditional western bride veil makes me really sad. The lack of Mediterranean food in stream was really a warning sign.

I can't help, now Tartosa looks to me like those fake european villages in the world. Outside are cheap fake European houses and inside everything is not-european. It really hurts me to see this kind of support of cultural identity theft. It would have been better to place Tartosa directly in indian or chinese inspired world, if they have a focus on them, I wouldn't mind it, I would support it, but now, it's just mean. Sorry, I'm missing words right now, I can't describe it better.

Regarding the missing western wedding veil, maybe they give one in the future, as they did with french manicure in last patch yesterday.

The bb-catalogue is better and more useful of outside a wedding than I thought.

I was goodwilling with the new gamepack and the world, but I will wait with buying it.

Edit: changed words, which could be seen controversal
    Post edited by Daravi on
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    There appears to be a long veil on the pink hijab hairstyle, so there's hope they might add one on uncovered hair in the future. The traditional Chinese outfits for men don't go well with the modern Cheongsam inspired dress for the ladies, they should have added a more traditional looking dress and a proper Cheongsam. The Indian outfits are beautiful and I quite like the style of most of the new dresses and the big stack of bangles.
  • Options
    sireneilessireneiles Posts: 67 Member
    > @CelSims said:
    > To me it looks like they just used the tea machine animation.
    >
    > I'm so salty about this pack. No new content for ages, then it's a poor quality bare bones pack that not only doesn't give what people were asking around it's subject, (more romance), but is just recycled reused content and animations already in game.
    > I'm salty and insulted they put this stuff out and I'm salty as all heck at the players who are happy to accept this garbage as it means the company profits and has no incentive to put out better quality packs. D:

And on top of that the very little « gameplay » we get from this is bugged and weddings will probably be a mess as a whole because the sims are stupid (AI is a mess, it seems to have severe ADHD) so i really wonder how all sims will play their role if you don’t control them in your household… they can barely eat together in the first place
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited February 2022
    Honestly I find CAS and Build/Buy underwhelming. I’m glad they included other cultures but where are the stunning, huge wedding dresses ? Veils ? Heels ? Shorter dresses ? Hats ?

As for Build/Buy, it’s a bit sad. Only about the ceremony itself. No beds ?
    Post edited by Dianesims on
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    So, I'm awaiting the new wedding kit with 20 more additional CAS assets to release next month. I could be wrong, but this looks like it has about the same amount of game play as Paranormal Stuff.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    This gamepack is lackluster. No real packs for almost half a year and all we get is a SP labelled as a gamepack. Really, there's almost no new gameplay or animations. They couldn't even figure out a way to give us proper honeymoons with real romantic interactions to do. This is scandalous!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited February 2022
    APotts wrote: »
    What you say you want steak, have this meatball and be happy we feed you at all. 😋

This had potential as an EP, would have been able to add more gameplay, but this sounds like a stuff pack with a tiny world tossed in, since they don't make stuff packs any more.

I tend to be negative when it comes to this game, but I hope it's better than I expect, because I need a reason to play again and I wanted a wedding pack, but I won't get my hopes up.

I tend to be negative too, but I have also learned that it's difficult to know how much fun you will have with a pack from just looking at it...

I think this pack could be very improved with some other packs and also mods, but by itself it feels pretty barebones in the Wedding department. Which I find quite surprising because romance have always been a big part of the sims.

As for a reason to play again, I have stopped looking for it, now i just play The Sims4 casually.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    The lack of wedding dresses and veils shocks me. What we do get some of it I think is much too similar to things we already have.
    I’m not buying the pack. It looks a buggy mess. I don’t want to have to micro manage weddings every step of the way. I.e go down the aisle, kiss the bride.

And Bach party?? Flower “pal” Come on EA!
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    The lack of wedding dresses and veils shocks me. What we do get some of it I think is much too similar to things we already have.
    I’m not buying the pack. It looks a buggy mess. I don’t want to have to micro manage weddings every step of the way. I.e go down the aisle, kiss the bride.

I will forever read that as JS Bach. At first, I thought it was a typo and that we were getting a beach party, which would be cool.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member

I wish they have the bachelor and bachelorette parties separate by gender.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top