Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the rating of Sims 4 where you live?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    emmalieemmalie Posts: 21 Member
    edited February 2022
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I’m in the US so it’s rated Teen. I let my children play at around age 7-8, but that is obviously a personal decision.

Like someone already said it’s PEGI12 here in Finland. But I have done the same decision with my children around the same age as you. Or well it was The Sims 3 with my sons 😅 But that was/is PEGI12 as well. The Sims and The Sims 2 was rated 7+
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    PEGI12, Netherlands.
  • Options
    LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    US T for Teens
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Im glad Sims is T in my country. If it were M itd be all kinds of stuff put in I dont want anywhere near the game (as far as what can be M in my country. I usually avoid M games unless I see its nothing too crazy). T can keep it cheeky but not wild.
    ?

It's only rated M in some countries because the game allows for same-sex relationships. The content of the game doesn't differ between ratings. The game that is rated M for some is the same game that's rated T for others.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    emmalie wrote: »
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I’m in the US so it’s rated Teen. I let my children play at around age 7-8, but that is obviously a personal decision.

Like someone already said it’s PEGI12 here in Finland. But I have done the same decision with my children around the same age as you. Or well it was The Sims 3 with my sons 😅 But that was/is PEGI12 as well. The Sims and The Sims 2 was rated 7+

I never really understood the T rating here.
    I don’t think it has anything inappropriate in it for children. Woohoo isn’t shown, and my kids play animal games that are rated E (for everyone), that have almost the same animation for the breeding den. To each their own, I think we as parents know our kids best and what they can handle maturity wise.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited February 2022
    Rated 18+ in my country is extreme gore, in detail drug use, graphical sex scenes, extreme abuse, most things in my country that are a 15 would probably be 18 somewhere else but that's an 18 in Scotland

U all ages
    PG paternal guidance
    12 12 or over
    15 15 or over
    18 18 or over

That's the age rating in Scotland, 15 can have some gore, strong language, some violence

The sims 4 is a 12 in Scotland
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited February 2022
    In Japan, we have the CERO scale for console games. Sims 4 is rated C (15 and up).

CERO A: All ages
    CERO B: For ages 12 and up
    CERO C: For ages 15 and up
    CERO D : For ages 17 and up
    CERO Z: Only for those over 18 years old