Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

February Patch Speculation 2022 (Now Live)(2nd Patch Now Live)

Comments

• Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I just hope that the b/b mode lag will be addressed. It's been an issue of mine for over at least a couple of years now.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    What makes the Wedding venue lot unique? Couldn't it just be a park with wedding items in it? Not sure it feels useful or necessary. I doubt there was much programming involved.
    I'd rather see Graveyards or multipurpose lots patched in.

I'm glad we can add Fiance's in CAS, but I'm a little baffled about why we can't do more relationships like Girlfriend/Boyfriends.
    More swatches are always useful.

Hopefully we AT LEAST get some good bug fixes.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    kusurusu wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »

I really hope they've taken this update further than just engaged.. It's like they're so close to getting it but still missing the mark. We need tons more options - boyfriend/girlfriend, grandparent, grandchild, aunt/uncle/niece/nephew, best friends, etc not just engaged

It's already possible to do so grandparents/children as well as aunts/uncles/nieces/nephews in CAS. You just need to create a linking Sim (i.e parent of the one, offspring/sibling of the other) and the other two will be labeled as such - even after deleting that one Sim.

It isn't possible for boy/girlfriend though.
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    What makes the Wedding venue lot unique?
    I imagine it's down to the items it must contain, like how a library has to have computers and a chessboard, and bars have to have a bar and some tables, in order to be accepted by the game. The wedding lot will require some specific furniture and facilities.

Plus, it gives us a nice incentive to build some beautiful and romantic wedding venues.

I'm sure we'll get around to graveyards when they give us My Funeral Stories (or. 'The Sims 4: Good Grief!').
  • Options
    Today!!!
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    What makes the Wedding venue lot unique? Couldn't it just be a park with wedding items in it? Not sure it feels useful or necessary. I doubt there was much programming involved.

I'm glad we can add Fiance's in CAS, but I'm a little baffled about why we can't do more relationships like Girlfriend/Boyfriends.

They always give us the flour but never the whole cake.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

They always give us the flour but never the whole cake.

I think with the wedding venue there won't be so much micromanaging like on the home lot.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2022
    kusurusu wrote: »

I really hope they've taken this update further than just engaged.. It's like they're so close to getting it but still missing the mark. We need tons more options - boyfriend/girlfriend, grandparent, grandchild, aunt/uncle/niece/nephew, best friends, etc not just engaged

It's already possible to do so grandparents/children as well as aunts/uncles/nieces/nephews in CAS. You just need to create a linking Sim (i.e parent of the one, offspring/sibling of the other) and the other two will be labeled as such - even after deleting that one Sim.

Yeah but you have to go through making other sims and getting rid of them, I want to have an option to set it in one click through the relationship panel (which should be easy enough to add since those options are already there as it lists sims as grandparent in the relationship panel in CAS if you make a parent, it's just not selectable)

Having the option to set one sim as another's Aunt/Unlce in CAS wouldn't tell you whether they are related by blood or just marriage. It also doesn't indicate if the sim is a paternal or maternal relation. You need this information to have functioning family trees. So you either have to create them in CAS with intermediary sims, or via gameplay.
  • Options
    2 More Hours give or take.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    40 more minutes, can't wait for what's coming and for the bug fixes as well!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    25 Minutes!!!!
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    If all new features except my second favorite music were all shown, I'm so ready to cry now
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    732.57 MB downloading
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Impressive list of bug fixes, but still only one important gameplay issue (blue Eco lots). Let's hope for rockets, chefs, GTW careers and Paranormal career in the next patch.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited February 2022
    Lots of great fixes, and some really nice items and item updates too.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    Yay, French tips and bindi !
  • Options
    talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    I just tested it out, and it looks like slow dancing isn't base game. If it is in there, I couldn't find it. I'm so sad! I just wanted my Sims to be able to dance with each other. :(
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    When I opened my game it said new SDX is downloading. Have we really had another one just now?
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    talongirl6 wrote: »
    I just tested it out, and it looks like slow dancing isn't base game. If it is in there, I couldn't find it. I'm so sad! I just wanted my Sims to be able to dance with each other. :(

Just buy the wedding pack or put it on your birthday wishlist 😉
  • Options
    talongirl6 wrote: »

Slow dancing might be locked to those wedding dance floors. Did you check to see if those made it to the base game?
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited February 2022
    Didn't expect much, still disappointed. We'll never get an attraction system, it doesn't make sense anywhere else than it did with this pack.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Didn't expect much, still disappointed. We'll never get an attraction system, it doesn't make sense anywhere else than it did with this pack.
    And my R&B music too! 😭