Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories Negative Thread

Comments

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I was hoping for an attraction system.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited February 2022
    bixters wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    I honestly don't think the world looks that good...

pK8LTeU.png

Maybe I just wanted better graphics and different assets.

Yeah, that photo looks quite mehh.
    The colors seem very bland compared to other worlds. Definitely not as vibrant as Sulani.

I was thinking the opposite, I was expecting more "dull" colors like we have with worlds like Windenburg, this world seems pretty bright in comparison

cake.png
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

Hopefully they patch it in.
    They did mention something called "wants and nots" in the blog, so that might be it. But I think it's more likely what type of cake and color scheme you want.
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    scoed1227 wrote: »
    As of the spoiled feature list outside of a possible dancing upgrade this pack contains no new gameplay not 100% connected to weddings, an event already in game. Also an event that doesn't make it in many play throughs. No new careers nothing. What a narrow pack. We need gameplay. Something this pack will not provide. To make things worse this pack CAS and Build/Buy items seems also also 100% wedding focused on the leased screen shots. This means they are of limited use. Game packs should affectvthe game this like will not.

I'm usually not very critical of the game outside of DLC prices, but you nailed exactly how I feel about this pack, and others like it. It's just getting exhausting.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited February 2022
    Otherwise I'm mostly happy with what we've seen but a couple negative points I have;

- The CAS doesn't seem very strong compared to the standard we've been getting in recent years. Honestly can't say any of the items particularly interest me. CAS has never been a selling point for packs for me though

- Couples dancing, looks nice on paper but I feel like people are setting themselves up for disappointment by getting so excited for it. Not sure about anyone else but the "group dances"/dance battle from Get Together have always been extremely buggy for me so I don't see this being any different sadly. I'm expecting it to (possibly) be fixed by mods and just get ignored on the bottom of the bug forum for years to come

- I like the world but it's a shame the town looks a bit of a set-dressing town again :/
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    No wedding planner career, good.

For a moment, I wondered if slow dancing would be patched in before the pack. But I doubt it, since Rumba dancing came with JA. Was slightly excited the return of kids dancing with adults. Again, nothing for toddlers.

The wedding arc location reminds me of a wedding lot I have in one of the Windenburg islands.

I want to be excited for this pack. If it had came out earlier it would be a first day buy. But I'm so disenchanted with the direction of the game (baby objects, little gameplay improvement)...
  • Options
    Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Ugh. So far everything I've seen can only be described as... Meh. I was hoping to at least see a bunch of beautiful wedding gowns in CAS to use for my Dracula's Brides, but even those are kind of bland. I like the Asian set, but that's about it. New dances are okay, I guess.

Couple of concerns, though. First, if you have your wedding in this beachy town, will all of your guests autonomously change into swimwear and run to the beach? Will guests actually stay seated for the ceremony? Can we actually have bachelor/bachelorette parties with exclusively men or women or are they just going to be gender neutralized? With the new dances, will Sims still ignore each other (unless slow dancing)? And most importantly, will we ever get attraction, gender/sex preferences or personal turn-ons and turn-offs...or real dating for that matter?

*Sigh.*

It's already been confirmed by SG Frost, we will have the option to direct sims to take a seat for the ceremony. And if I'm not mistaken, it's also mentioned you can choose sims attire for the wedding.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    I'm waiting to see more details. However, of what I've seen so far:

Meh:

• The world. It looks like four to five lots, max. Downtown is all set dressing and a couple of stalls. (I'm not sure why I hoped for more.)
    • Also, I have a feeling that EA/Maxis will be using the heck out of that window shopping feature (not a feature) from now on. It's cheap and a cop out.

Cons:

[/list]
      [*] The slow dancing resembles two people who have just met and were forced to dance together, just to be polite. ("Honey, please go dance with my Auntie Lu. She's been sitting alone for hours!") I was hoping for TS2 style slow dancing. Instead, I see something that resembles dancing lessons in sixth grade gym class.

• My biggest disappointment is that a lot of the interactions have been in the game for ages: proposals, toasts, kisses, vow renewals, wedding ceremonies, cutting the cake, buffet tables, drinking, more parties, more dinners, and more talking.

My current conclusion: There are nice additions. However, mostly this pack is a miss. Basically, it's mostly more of the same. There is none of the romance or intimacy that I'd finally hoped to see. I sincerely would love the live stream and the accompanying patch to prove me wrong with new kiss types, cuddling in bed, better cuddling on the sofa, dancing close, walking hand in hand, etc. Without more intimate interactions, the Sims in TS4 will continue to behave as if they've been married for forty years, the magic has been gone since year 3, and they've been faking it ever since. At this point, players like me should not have to depend on mods and poses to do something that should have been in the game from day one.

I agree. The slow dance animation looked anything but slow. It's TS4 romance edition all over. Mrs. Crumplebottom is watching, better not make her angry. This pack is basically a wedding update but I can do most of those things already.
    • Options
      MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
      lunaoddity wrote: »
      Cynna wrote: »
      I'm waiting to see more details. However, of what I've seen so far:

Meh:

• The world. It looks like four to five lots, max. Downtown is all set dressing and a couple of stalls. (I'm not sure why I hoped for more.)
      • Also, I have a feeling that EA/Maxis will be using the heck out of that window shopping feature (not a feature) from now on. It's cheap and a cop out.

Cons:

[/list]
        [*] The slow dancing resembles two people who have just met and were forced to dance together, just to be polite. ("Honey, please go dance with my Auntie Lu. She's been sitting alone for hours!") I was hoping for TS2 style slow dancing. Instead, I see something that resembles dancing lessons in sixth grade gym class.

• My biggest disappointment is that a lot of the interactions have been in the game for ages: proposals, toasts, kisses, vow renewals, wedding ceremonies, cutting the cake, buffet tables, drinking, more parties, more dinners, and more talking.

My current conclusion: There are nice additions. However, mostly this pack is a miss. Basically, it's mostly more of the same. There is none of the romance or intimacy that I'd finally hoped to see. I sincerely would love the live stream and the accompanying patch to prove me wrong with new kiss types, cuddling in bed, better cuddling on the sofa, dancing close, walking hand in hand, etc. Without more intimate interactions, the Sims in TS4 will continue to behave as if they've been married for forty years, the magic has been gone since year 3, and they've been faking it ever since. At this point, players like me should not have to depend on mods and poses to do something that should have been in the game from day one.

I agree. The slow dance animation looked anything but slow. It's TS4 romance edition all over. Mrs. Crumplebottom is watching, better not make her angry. This pack is basically a wedding update but I can do most of those things already.

you can't make a bigger bridal party in the BG. This adds "flower pal" and ring bearer to (two things you don't get without poses). As well as walking down the aisle
        6adMCGP.gif
      • Options
        LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
        Phantasi33 wrote: »
        LiELF wrote: »
        Ugh. So far everything I've seen can only be described as... Meh. I was hoping to at least see a bunch of beautiful wedding gowns in CAS to use for my Dracula's Brides, but even those are kind of bland. I like the Asian set, but that's about it. New dances are okay, I guess.

Couple of concerns, though. First, if you have your wedding in this beachy town, will all of your guests autonomously change into swimwear and run to the beach? Will guests actually stay seated for the ceremony? Can we actually have bachelor/bachelorette parties with exclusively men or women or are they just going to be gender neutralized? With the new dances, will Sims still ignore each other (unless slow dancing)? And most importantly, will we ever get attraction, gender/sex preferences or personal turn-ons and turn-offs...or real dating for that matter?

*Sigh.*

It's already been confirmed by SG Frost, we will have the option to direct sims to take a seat for the ceremony. And if I'm not mistaken, it's also mentioned you can choose sims attire for the wedding.

Sure, we can choose the attire but that doesn't mean they'll stay in it if there's a pool or beach nearby. Or a basketball court, for that matter. Same with seats. We can direct them but how long does it last for until they jump up to go play on the phone or join a nearby conversation?

I just don't see it working out the way they're presenting. Look at how broken Dine Out still is, and Sims are supposed to stay seated in that too.
        #Team Occult
      • Options
        MiniWolfsbaneMiniWolfsbane Posts: 16 Member
        I had a thought earlier. It's gonna be crushing down to my DNA if we don't get the big father-daughter dance. (Or alternatively mother-son or what have you.) I'm assuming this was forgotten about in all the planning, but we'll see!

Likewise, I'm scared of only getting the short veil. I want extravagant trains that are three feet behind the bride and awkward as mess to navigate! LOL!

The bridal shop will probably be another window dressing you can only look into. I really don't mind rabbit holes and don't see the problem of making a store one. Even a scant store with not a lot of clothes for sims to go into would be appreciated.

Also hoping the various dances can go across the board and slow dancing isn't just for couples getting married. It'll be painful if it is.

That's all I can think of for now, which is a short list, but we got so much to unpack, I'm not complaining tons because we have much to look forward to. And there'll be plenty of time to complain after it comes out.
      • Options
        DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
        My biggest complaint is that the dress/flower/cake shops sound like they are tied to the new world. I think at minimum for my gameplay they should be stalls that I can place in any world. There's no reason to fly to the Mediterranean to plan a wedding in Japan, honestly. And I also think that players who want to build retail bridal shops should be able to, even if I probably never will. Hopefully they'll clarify in the livestream that I'm wrong about that, but the blog sounds like these places are in the new village and not just general.
      • Options
        ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
        edited February 2022
        The thing I can't get over is this is an add on to what has always been in the game, the wedding.
        So it's just weird to me to pay for something that's always been free, part of the sims. But that's been the way of Sims4 for years now. But talk about milking it.
        I hate the stalls instead of a real shop you walk into and try on the outfit. We've had it before so we know it's possible, yet they refuse to include it.
        Having watched it a couple of times, the trailer was odd. Jilting the poor groom at the altar for your friend? Really.
        The world is the only thing that excites me but pretty sure it will be tiny.

As @LiELF points out we can't get sims to stay seated in Dine Out, something they've never fixed so my hopes aren't high on guests actually staying in place.
      • Options
        logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
        I think the best way to summarize how I feel is... This is probably a good pack if you have a lot going on in your game already, now your sims can travel to a new world and get married and then you can go back and play other packs.

But if you are going to play just this pack, nothing else, because it's new. Then I think the magical part of watching a wedding will get tiring very quickly... Weddings are nice, but not 10 weddings in a row.
      • Options
        crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

They did mention something called "wants and nots" in the blog, so that might be it. But I think it's more likely what type of cake and color scheme you want.

The bride and groom in the trailer seemed to have disagreements on the cake type, flower bouquets, and bachelor party. Maybe they are adding more likes and dislikes and other stuff like attraction based on common likes.
      • Options
        crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
        Daephene wrote: »
        My biggest complaint is that the dress/flower/cake shops sound like they are tied to the new world. I think at minimum for my gameplay they should be stalls that I can place in any world. There's no reason to fly to the Mediterranean to plan a wedding in Japan, honestly. And I also think that players who want to build retail bridal shops should be able to, even if I probably never will. Hopefully they'll clarify in the livestream that I'm wrong about that, but the blog sounds like these places are in the new village and not just general.

I think think the shops are stalls like the food stalls in most worlds. The clothes shop seems to be a rabbit hole. I think think it will be possible to place them in any world. Plus I am sure we will be able to sell flowers and cakes and dresses in regular shops.
      • Options
        Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
        crocobaura wrote: »

The bride and groom in the trailer seemed to have disagreements on the cake type, flower bouquets, and bachelor party. Maybe they are adding more likes and dislikes and other stuff like attraction based on common likes.

Yes, it's been confirmed they are adding more likes/dislikes when it comes to planning your sims wedding.
      • Options
        SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
        edited February 2022
        I hope it's easier to invite relatives and friends on both sides with this gamepack.

I wish the hot air balloon was functional.
      • Options
        SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
        There doesn't seem to be any other color swatches for the India Wedding Outfit. :'(
      • Options
        Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
        I do like the game pack.

My main complaint is that it would’ve been a perfect time to add matchmaking or online dating. Someway to find single sims a partner.

Oh and also a chemistry/attraction system (though for me this makes most sense as a base game update)
      • Options
        catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
        MadameLee wrote: »
        Melisendre wrote: »
        I'm not interested in weddings and I don't see any new gameplay. It is only an extension for existing gameplay. It would be ok for an stuff pack but from a GP I expect more.

the slow dancing is new. And we get a functional tea set which can be used for at Chinese weddings (maybe non-Chinese weddings).

I hope the tea set can be used at any time.
      This discussion has been closed.
      Return to top