The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think about the leaks for the new gamepack?

LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,596 Member
5FJ4FsW.jpg
(Cover is still unconfirmed for the moment~)
JhAqJIf.jpg
C27AxEu.jpg
RmMHnCm.jpg

Lookin promising~ Wasn't expecting some sprinkles of culture weddings to be in it and I'm even more excited also the buffet with the nectar bottles look great. Though had hoped for a pack involving romance in general and not just dedicated to weddings though I hope there ends up being things like attraction system. The steps leading up to a wedding is pretty interesting.

Blowing my mind that sims can walk down the isle. Also see a male shirt with a loose tie? YES plz.

Been wanting something like this since it didn't get a chance in the community pack vote.

Edit: Found the other image for cake samples and the like. So definitely feeling more like the interactions of planning weddings up until the event.

FKxPy5iXIAIR52H.jpeg
5vJrxmT.png
Post edited by LadyKyn on

Comments

• Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 764 Member
    I like the CAS and B/B I see. But from the translation I saw on Twitter, It feels limiting. Nothing feels game changing.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I like the CAS and B/B I see. But from the translation I saw on Twitter, It feels limiting. Nothing feels game changing.

Oh yeah? Haven't seen the translation, but probably once I see a trailer for it I'll be more sold on it, though I've been wanting more substance for weddings since the beginning. :p

Least the sims seem to have some better reactions during the weddings than cheering and fist pumping.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,138 Member
    edited February 2022
    Very worried
    I was hoping for more addition to everyday romance but it seems to just center around wedding bling so far

biggest hope is that theres couple dancing at least but there isnt screen that suggests that so yikes

maybe there will be updates...

or maybe I have to unleash dystopian universe of ΜØŦĦ€Ř after all
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,967 Member
    From the pictures you showed, I like the notion that the bride and groom walk each other down the aisle both before and after. This looks promising. It is a game pack, and so far in my experience, the game packs have been fuller in game play, if you will. More thought out. I wouldn't be too quick to sell them short.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Very worried
    I was hoping for more addition to everyday romance but it seems to just center around wedding bling so far

biggest hope is that theres couple dancing at least but there isnt screen that suggests that so yikes

maybe there will be updates...

or maybe I have to unleash dystopian universe of ΜØŦĦ€Ř after all
    True. Figured more of a romance pack with the addition of more depth to weddings.

Not having slow dancing in a pack like this at all would be the biggest oversight ever. Ftttttt.

Though I hope for things like surprise engagements, engagement parties, and honeymoons will be included in it with new romance options. Never been any real susbstance leading up to getting wed or with dating.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    There are two sims walking arm in arm in two of those images....I'd buy the pack just for that kind of thing...

And it looks like giving a wedding toast is a thing too, given the toast with the ring thought bubble in one image. That's pretty cool.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Seeing various new foods. Need to see new wedding cakes. <.<
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 764 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »

Oh yeah? Haven't seen the translation, but probably once I see a trailer for it I'll be more sold on it, though I've been wanting more substance for weddings since the beginning. :p

Least the sims seem to have some better reactions during the weddings than cheering and fist pumping.

The fact that it comes with the new world does change things for me. Especially if it’s a beach world.

I really like the screenshot where it looks like the cake shop is inside of the building instead of a regular stall.
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    I just got married myself and though I had a great time am not particularly excited to recreate the planning and exorbitant money spending at present. Maybe it'll be a good money sink for my wealthy sims.

That being said, I will definitely buy this if it has a new world, because I love to download lots from my favorite builders and do my own gameplay based on that. (For example, I don't use an iota of the gameplay that came with that magic pack--can't even remember the name of it--but using CatSaar's lots I turned the world into a little mountain town with a general store and some rustic cabins).
  • Options
    @Evilyn_1007 Thank you for sharing that link, I had not seen that yet (not a twitter watcher).

I'm actually very excited for the pack now if everything in that translation is accurate. Having Sims-of-Honor and planning wedding outfits as well as going out to sample cake and flowers is something I already pretend to do in my game. Now it will actually be a real thing supported by the game.
    Plus, separating weddings out to having an engagement dinner, a rehearsal, a distinctive ceremony and then a reception. That is very cool. Weddings are getting the respect they deserve. And it's also awesome they have some things that are from different cultures, not just US stuff.

I'd have bought it just for the new world though.... :lol:
  • Options
    BowtrucklerBowtruckler Posts: 16 Member
    I'm really excited about this! I'm loving the whole vibe and feel of the Pack. I really like the new clothing, especially the open shirt and tie, and sounds like a new Greek-themed World? Any release date mentioned yet that anyone knows of?
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,758 Member
    edited February 2022
    I like the cover art. The new world looks nice, from what I can see...it is just a game pack though so I am worried that it will be just one neighborhood or it will be a vacation world.

The leaked text doesn't mention anything about improved romance which I had hoped for... instead it seems to mention other things like preparing for a wedding etc. The food stalls doesn't do a whole lot for me, we have so many of them already.

I think this pack will rely a lot on how well everything will work in practice... Weddings right now are a bit messy with sims not sitting in their chairs.

I'm not sure how long this pack will last for me... I would have to organize a lot of different weddings to make it last longer... but it is nice that people can get some nice weddings for all their sims now.

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,616 Member
    Excited for: new world, I see a toddler at the venue (toddlers now coming to community Lots?), walking down the aisle.

Not excited for: more stalls instead of proper shops, engagement dinner (will they even all have time to sit down before half of them have finished their 2-bite meal?), no slow dance? no extra romance stuff? no honeymoon?
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Looks a pleasant world. I'd love to visit.

I don't really put much effort into Sims weddings, but maybe that's because there's not much to them. Perhaps the new set will win me over.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 718 Member
    I don't really care about it that much and this could've been a stuff pack if it weren't for the new world so that's what I'm hyped for. It's probably gonna be a small one but it's still ok. Such a shame that there's a lot of things we've gotten in separate packs that could've easily been part of a Generations EP.
  • Options
    (toddlers now coming to community Lots?).

I already have a toddler that keeps showing up to a Bar in Forgotten Hollow whenever I take my Sims there...so maybe some of the code for it is already in the game and it's glitching for me. :lol:
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Isn't it funny that I was just being like ''woah I'm almost done building Sulani'' and they go releasing new beach world
    I wonder if theres actually anything beachy to do though
    hope it doesn't add to the list with windenburg and brindleton useless beaches
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,874 Member
    It looks like a new world, so that's something there for me at least. Of course, how that world looks will depend on if I get it. None of the actual photos of gameplay or build/buy inspire me this time around.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,530 Member
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    The description and screenshots left me very disappointed. I do not care about CAS/BB assets that much as well as about the new world (besides GP worlds are always so tiny). I see it just as another party pack with no "meat". My reasoning is below:

1) Sounds like we have several new types of parties - engagement dinner; rehearsal; bachelorette party & wedding itself of course. This will be goaled I guess but actually what's new here? Want engagement dinner - have a dinner party? Want rehearsal - regular home one or club gathering. Bachelorette can be interesting but so far not shown in any of screenshots besides briefly mentioned in the description. And I'm not expecting anything crazy 'cause TS4 is all on the safe side of things.
    2) New vendors are stalls again so it'll be hard to fit them in any other environment than their original design, moreover the cake one looks like part of the building - so again gameplay tied to the world? Just like grocery stand works in Henford only. Thank you, but no.
    3) Dancing shown surely include some new moves but it's definitely not a slow dancing. I figure if it was in the pack it would be shown.
    4) Exchanging wows, cutting cakes, giving speeches... what's new here? I saw nothing?
    5) I see buffets and fountains repurposed from Luxury Party stuff. So again nothing new here. Moreover I suspect this "tea" thing is more a tea fountain (like the one at the romance festival) - can be seen in the 3 picture - than a tea set everybody are thinking about.
    5) The only NEW part from what I gather - adjustable wedding traditions and party decorations. I guess it'll be working somehow like Seasons traditions/decorations. But will it work for other parties? Otherwise it's not a huge gameplay element to create a GAME pack around it.

So new "hero" object is "aisle" I guess, others are repurposed from already existing ones, new gameplay system is party customization (hopefully applied to more parties than just weddings) and a new world. That's pretty much all that I see. What I do not see are attraction, dating improvements, slow dancing, new romantic interactions/animations. To me it feels like a SP + world again.

This is pretty much how I feel as well.

It's kind of like they developed the end result of a relationship before the relationship itself. Pick a Sim and throw a wedding party. What about all of the simulation in between?
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,128 Member
    edited February 2022
    I hope you can actually choose what outfit a sim wears for their wedding. I hate that sometimes you choose a sim's formal wear for their wedding outfit and the game randomly puts them in a different formal outfit.

I would like to see slow dancing back as well.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    The description and screenshots left me very disappointed. I do not care about CAS/BB assets that much as well as about the new world (besides GP worlds are always so tiny). I see it just as another party pack with no "meat". My reasoning is below:

1) Sounds like we have several new types of parties - engagement dinner; rehearsal; bachelorette party & wedding itself of course. This will be goaled I guess but actually what's new here? Want engagement dinner - have a dinner party? Want rehearsal - regular home one or club gathering. Bachelorette can be interesting but so far not shown in any of screenshots besides briefly mentioned in the description. And I'm not expecting anything crazy 'cause TS4 is all on the safe side of things.
    2) New vendors are stalls again so it'll be hard to fit them in any other environment than their original design, moreover the cake one looks like part of the building - so again gameplay tied to the world? Just like grocery stand works in Henford only. Thank you, but no.
    3) Dancing shown surely include some new moves but it's definitely not a slow dancing. I figure if it was in the pack it would be shown.
    4) Exchanging wows, cutting cakes, giving speeches... what's new here? I saw nothing?
    5) I see buffets and fountains repurposed from Luxury Party stuff. So again nothing new here. Moreover I suspect this "tea" thing is more a tea fountain (like the one at the romance festival) - can be seen in the 3 picture - than a tea set everybody are thinking about.
    5) The only NEW part from what I gather - adjustable wedding traditions and party decorations. I guess it'll be working somehow like Seasons traditions/decorations. But will it work for other parties? Otherwise it's not a huge gameplay element to create a GAME pack around it.

So new "hero" object is "aisle" I guess, others are repurposed from already existing ones, new gameplay system is party customization (hopefully applied to more parties than just weddings) and a new world. That's pretty much all that I see. What I do not see are attraction, dating improvements, slow dancing, new romantic interactions/animations. To me it feels like a SP + world again.

This is pretty much how I feel as well.

It's kind of like they developed the end result of a relationship before the relationship itself. Pick a Sim and throw a wedding party. What about all of the simulation in between?

this.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,155 Member
    If the leak is a fake, then it's a good one and it's very entertaining and exciting. I'll wait for the official news, although I have my wishes and favorites.

From the shown pictures this one is my favorite. I love that gesture. <3

UBNx9bM.png
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    1st pack in a year that Im paying close attention to! For the occasion I might just go and build a bridal boutique! Romance has been something Ive been rooting for and weddings is right up my alley, so Im hoping for alot fun stuff.
    • Schedule honeymoons! I always have to wait until my newlyweds have the same days off so that they can go on a proper honeymoon, and not have to use their vacation days.
    • Bachelor/Bachelorette parties maybe???? (if not Im sure the modders will see to that in good time ;) )
    • We can have sims of honor right? So how much of the wedding party can we plan out? It'd probably be a stretch but I'd love to have bridesmaids, groomsmen, ring bearers, flower girls. I just want the entire wedding party, especially for my rich and celebrity sims that just gotta have large, ridiculously extra weddings!
    • Wedding venue lot! Ive got builds specifically meant for weddings, but I hate that I gotta set it as a public park. If some random sim wasnt invited to my sim's big day, they dont need to be there!
    • Can we have a bridezilla moodlet? I want a sim that is so obsessed with making their special day perfect, but will fly off the handle if the cake isnt right, the decor isnt right, the dress is disgusting, I just want a chance for that moodlet to appear. xD
    • I want to have the bartender and musician back at weddings! But I havent been able to do that since all the guests spend more time paying attention to them instead of the happy couple. AND, these sims need to SIT DOWN when its time for the vows. It is such a struggle to get everyone seated and watch the newlyweds, since by the time they decide to show up, the newlyweds have spoken their vows and their personal space is being violated by the guests. A fix to these would be awesome!
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I was good for either a love and/or wedding pack, so I’m pretty excited either way. 🤗👍

Some stuff like customizing parts of the ceremony, a new world, and some more wedding party stuff are some of the stuff I was hoping for, so now I’m eager to get this pack soon. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)