Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World Adventures Tomb Guide! [wishes it was stickied :D]

I started a blog on blogspot dedicated to making a walk through for WA. :] Here's the link http://walkthruwa.blogspot.com/

:!: Hey all you simmers I have helped! Let's try to get this thread stickied so people who need help wont have a problem finding it! I have no idea how to get this accomplished, but I think we can do it! :!:

If I am missing any tombs that are involved with MISSIONS please let me know!

List of all walkthroughs I have done so far:

Egypt
Tomb of Discovery
Temple of the Burning Sands
Curing the Mummy's Curse
Ancient Library
Mummitonium
Bribing the Henchmen (Infiltrating MoncuCorp HQ)
Relic of Life
Shawarma and the Relic Merchant
Relic of Eternity
Fully updated: How to become cursed, and how to become a mummy
Black Bag Job
Key to her Heart
Love in the Servant's Quarters
Bazaar Tombs
Queen's personal chambers
Abu Simbel

China
Hall of the Lost Army
Temple of the Dragon Part 1
Ancient Monk Retreat
Market Caves Part 1
Market Caves Part 2/D o n g Huo's Treasure Trove
Pangu's Ax
Hot Springs
Temple of Heaven-Annex of the Resolute Fist
Chateau du Landgraab (finding the dragon temple keystone mission)
Dragon Temple part 2 (defeating d ong Huo)

France

Celtic Ruins
Secret Garden
Strange noises in the museum
Nectary Cellar
Tomb of Isael
Tomb of Necteaux
Chateau du Landgraab (this is a walkthrough of how to disarm the traps and such, not an actual mission walkthrough)

Comments

• Options
    EmmaHazleyEmmaHazley Posts: 103 New Member
    edited December 2009
    i've been looking for a walk through. Will you be doing china as well? :)
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited December 2009
    Thanks for this huge undertaking! :D I am sure this will help A LOT of people!
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    cowseatsoap91cowseatsoap91 Posts: 601 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I havent taken any of my sims to china or france yet. I do plan on doing those sometime in the future though. Im doing egypt now with this new sim because I already had another sim get through all the tombs everyone is having trouble with. I know how hard it is to explain something with just words, thats why Im taking pictures to help explain it.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I just finished the Temple of the Burning Sands walk through. The actual mission only took me 10 min, but the walk through took almost 2 hours! I thought I would be able to finish the 3 relic missions tonight, but that looks doubtful. I sorry :(
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Updates: Ancient Library mission, and curing the Mummy Curse in the Sphinx.

Also Arthur Adventurson is available for download in the exchange!

I have the mummitonium information and the bribing the agents mission pictures but I have some errands to run today so I wont get that up until later this evening.
  • Options
    hippiechick7897hippiechick7897 Posts: 302 Member
    edited December 2009
    Fantastically helpful! Thank you for spending so long putting it together!

I started in China and am alternating between China and France but I'm holding onto this for when I start Egypt!
    Tomorrow has been cancelled due to a lack of interest.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Updated again: how to find mummitomium, and bribing the henchmen.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Relic of life walk through is up!
  • Options
    NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited December 2009
    For a while I thought you were making a World Adventures FAQ :D

Ohh well I guess Ill have to find all the combination of objects (So far I made: Large Ingots, Skull Cut Gems, Soulgems, Super metals, and Magic Gnomes)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Shawarma Mission up. Relic of Eternity mission in progress. :]

update: I will be starting on China missions after I finish the relic of eternity. I know there are more missions in Egypt, but I think I've answered most of the questions people were having problems figuring out. A lot of people have been asking about China too, so I will start that this afternoon. Ive never taken a sim anywhere but Egypt, so the China ones may take longer to update since ive never done them.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Relic of eternity walk through is up :]
  • Options
    BleachBleedBleachBleed Posts: 188 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Relic of eternity walk through is up :]
    yaay! im on that adventure right now!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Arthur is in China now! Several missions will be up tonight!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    4 China missions up. **** Huo and Pangu's Ax will be up tomorrow.
  • Options
    RovieRovie Posts: 34 Member
    edited December 2009

Arthur, can you please show me how I can get cursed?

You have a guide on how to uncursed, but I am on the quest "torched, soaked and cursed" and I am having a hard time trying to get cursed. I've been trying to find a mummy to curse me, but no luck :(

Thank you! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    D o n g Huo treasure trove mission up.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Rovie wrote:

You have a guide on how to uncursed, but I am on the quest "torched, soaked and cursed" and I am having a hard time trying to get cursed. I've been trying to find a mummy to curse me, but no luck :(

Sadly, Arthur has a very slim chance of ever being cursed again. His martial arts and body skill are so high, he will almost always defeat mummies. The higher your martial arts and body skills are, the smaller your chance of losing a fight with a mummy and getting cursed are.

However if your sim is does not have these skills, there is an area in the sphinx that has 3 black pools and 1 purple one. Explore all the black ones, and each will awaken a mummy. Although losing a fight doesn't always mean you get cursed (Arthur has fought 2 mummies now and not gotten cursed), I have a feeling you have a good chance of becoming cursed in one of the fights you will have with these mummies.

Finally, if you cannot get cursed, this adventure is just this one mission. Completing it will not set off a chain of other adventures like some of the others do.

Hope that helps. :]

Update: I have been reading the forums, and my theory about having a high martial arts skill is relatively true. However, one or two simmers reported if you change your sims traits to something along the lines of coward, unlucky, loser, things like that, even a sim with a level 10 martial arts skill may sometimes lose a fight. Also reported by one simmer, her level 10 martial artist sim was very tired (her energy bar was in the red) when she fought a mummy, lost, and got cursed.

*credit goes to zoop526 and royalplumbob for these observations.*

*Walden95 has reported that his sim had a level 10 body and martial arts skill. He experimented and found his sim lost 5 out of 50 battles, and was only cursed once. This means that your sim has about 10% chance of losing, and only about a 2% chance of getting cursed. His sim also had full energy for each fight, and no negative traits.*
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Pangu's Ax mission is up.
  • Options
    Walden95Walden95 Posts: 3,089 Member
    edited December 2009
    Rovie wrote:

Sadly, Arthur can no longer get cursed. His martial arts and body skill are so high, he will always defeat mummies. If your sim has a high level of skill (5 or higher) in martial arts, losing a fight and getting cursed are very unlikely.

This is untrue. I placed one of my Sims with a material arts skill of 10 and athletic skill of 10 into a room of 50 mummies. She had lost only 5 battles but it was only until the 49th mummy was she cursed. Her chances of being cursed were only reduced a lot.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    This is untrue. I placed one of my Sims with a material arts skill of 10 and athletic skill of 10 into a room of 50 mummies. She had lost only 5 battles but it was only until the 49th mummy was she cursed. Her chances of being cursed were only reduced a lot.

so what you are saying is that a sim who has maxed out this skill, has full energy, and no unfavorable traits has a 10 percent chance of losing, and a 2 percent chance of being cursed?

• Options
    edited December 2009

so what you are saying is that a sim who has maxed out this skill, has full energy, and no unfavorable traits has a 10 percent chance of losing, and a 2 percent chance of being cursed?

Somewhat. I don't think that my results are that accurate but I counted exactly.
  • Options
    edited December 2009

The traits were all good but none from WA. She did have full energy. (moodlet manager came in handy after every battle she lost and passed out) And for the most part, that is correct.
  • Options
    lezboolezboo Posts: 197 Member
    edited December 2009
    THANK YOU! :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    HAPPY NEW YEAR! :mrgreen:

hot springs mission up, Uploading pictures for Annex of the Resolute Fist right now :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    my blog has almost 1400 hits in 5 days. Man I feel the love! :D:D