Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which animals do you like the most?

ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
I love the chickens the most, they are adorable and my grandparents had wild chickens so it takes me back to my childhood summers.

How about you? Which animals do you like the most in the game?

• Cats
  • Dogs
  • Raccoons
  • Kittens
  • Puppies
  • Chickens
  • Cows
  • Llamas
  • Bunnies
  • Fish
  • Foxes
  • Bees
  • Birds
  • Dolphins
  • Frogs
  • Hedgehogs
  • Hamsters
  • Rats
  • Voidcritter Beasts
  • Dragonflies
  • Bugs in the Bug Hotel
  • Creepy Crawlies
  • Cockroaches
  • Insects from Outdoor Retreat
  • Spellcaster Familiars
  • Vampire Bats
  • Pigeons
  • Seagulls
  • Ducks
  • Swans
  • Alligators

Let me know if I missed any!
Post edited by Elliandre on

Comments

• Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    I Like the Birds, Bunnies and Dogs. I can't pick between them, but then that's probably because I have all three of them.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,924 Member
    Dogs. My in game doggie is modeled after my fur baby who crossed the rainbow bridge last April.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I love all the animals, but I think cats and dogs are my favourites. My sim has a cat and I love how he follows my sim around and sings along when he's playing the piano. They have such a cute bond. I really hope we get horses too soon.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited January 2022
    I think I like chickens and cats the most. It's probably because my parents have almost always had a cat/cats, so I have interacted with cats a lot, like them a lot and am familiar with them, and chickens because I'd kinda like to have chickens :smile: It'll probably never happen, but I like them and the idea of having them, so it's nice to let me sims have them.
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    There's no budgies! Such a shame. I would have loved a parrot type pet.
    Chickens get the consolation prize, I suppose. We often call them "chooks" here in Australia. But we're a bit eccentric.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,131 Member
    I'm actually a cat lover ;)
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    I love dogs in TS4! The gameplay with them is really good. I like the llamas and cows too. If dolphins had more gameplay they would be higher on my list.
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited January 2022
    I love all animals IRL though I only have had a cat and a dog myself. In TS4 I can't comment on the ones added by Cottage Living but I currently really love cats. Or maybe it's just this one cat I dunno but I love how he follows my sim around all the time and is very interested about anything he does. Like playing an instrument or practicing speech with a microphone or, heck just standing there, the cat will come and park his butt on the floor and watch. Got a bit funny too when my sim was serenading his wife and the cat was really quick to insert himself there too looking like "Oh thank you thank you! I know I'm fabulous."
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Cats and dolphins, without doubt.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Bunnies. They are cute but require no maintenance. Nothing better than an animal that is cute but doesn't require that I clean up after it.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I love them all! Would love to have squirrels, chipmunks and deer in the game as well. Will always take more animals in the game! Miss the smaller pets too like in Sims 3.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    As a big animal lover, how am I supposed to choose?! :D They are all so cute. :)
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,469 Member
    edited January 2022
    PSSST, you forgot the little critters that are included with everyone’s most favourite stuff pack, MFPSP. 😉
    I believe it’s a hedgehog, a rat, a hamster and a weird little Voidcritter beast.
    And the bugs that live in the bug hotel, and the creepy crawlies from Jungle Adventures & Snowy Escape and the insects from Outdoor Retreat.

I think most of the bigger animals in the Sims4 are really well executed, especially canines (I have a special place in my heart for canines) and the chickens…the chickens are priceless.

I would like more animals in my game…such as horses and mythical beasts like dragons and unicorns and manticores.

I love animals.
    They’re all so beautiful, even in their weirdness and creepiness.
    One day I will move back to the ancient forest and live among the wild beasts again. ❤️
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,464 Member
    The Familiars! Do they count? :p

Okay then cats and llamas so far. The cats are done amazingly well this time around and I love them. 🥰 (I just wish they didn't get sick all the time or that there was a cheat to make them well because it's too much.)

And I'm very happy to have llamas in the game at last because they're basically the mascot of the Sims and they have a lot of character.

Still exploring the other critters of Cottage Living like chickens and bunnies, which I like a lot so far. I love animals in real life so I'm happy to have a variety in the game.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited January 2022
    I want to say dogs because dogs are my favourite in real life but in game I think I prefer cats, the dogs as cute as they are are a bit to needy and the fact it takes like four hours for a short walk is just upsetting. :D

I generally love most animals, I wish we could have more of them.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,402 Member
    There are no real racoons in game, just cats made to look like racoons. I like all the animals, they make the game more realistic. I play a sim with a dog and it barks loudly whenever there are visitors at the door. That dog also kept a sim in the hallway after I invited him in. 🤣 I had to shoo the dog away. I also like the flocks of pigeons and seagulls, always chase after them. 😊
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 2022
    Oh gosh, so hard to choose just one, I love all of them! I'm what you call a Crazy Cat lady though, we have over a dozen. :) However, I love dogs too and have had many over the years. Absolutely love the beautiful birds in HoB, they're so well made and the animations are impressive! I wish we had hummingbirds too! The bunnies are freakin' adorable, and the chickens, cows...see? I can't pick a favorite.

Hopefully one day we get more animals. I'd love to see some wild deer/fawns, elk, sheep, and especially pigs and piglets! Not the pot belly variety though, more like the typical farm stock; Yorkshire, Hampshire, Large White, etc. Something similar to a 'pet' pig my sister and I had growing up. We named him Charlie and he looked like this one:

aFSeBJk.jpg
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,984 Member
    edited January 2022
    @Ellandre

You missed the hamsters, rats, Pygmy hedgehog, and the Void critter in my first pet stuff. Several of my child sims have them as pets.

You also missed the insects from Outdoor retreat. Although you can’t pick them up or feed them ( they are like frogs in that way ) some of my sim children have them as pets.

I do wish they would make it where you can feed frogs and insects if you want to ( would be great if kids could get responsibility from it ). And, it would also be so cute if sims could hold them.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    Puppies and dogs I guess, cos I would love some irl.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Cats and dolphins. I have never lived in a home without cats, and I frequently add them to my Sim's homes (not all the time, but often enough) And the Dolphins are just cool with the way they've set them up to be interactive.

Oh, and though I don't see it often, because I don't play in Sulani that much, I also like that there is a shark. I mean, I like that the shark exists, I don't particularly like interacting with it. :wink:
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    The Familiars! Do they count? :p

Okay then cats and llamas so far. The cats are done amazingly well this time around and I love them. 🥰 (I just wish they didn't get sick all the time or that there was a cheat to make them well because it's too much.)

And I'm very happy to have llamas in the game at last because they're basically the mascot of the Sims and they have a lot of character.

Still exploring the other critters of Cottage Living like chickens and bunnies, which I like a lot so far. I love animals in real life so I'm happy to have a variety in the game.

I agree about the sickness cats and dogs get, I wish it wasn’t so frequent either….. they get sick much too often.
  • Options
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I want to say dogs because dogs are my favourite in real life but in game I think I prefer cats, the dogs as cute as they are are a bit to needy and the fact it takes like four hours for a short walk is just upsetting. :D

I generally love most animals, I wish we could have more of them.

Yes, my dog walkers never end up completing a walk with their dogs.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I like having all kinds of animals in the game. Rats/hamsters, dogs, cats, ( haven’t made a fox or raccoon yet, but I think a raccoon would be cute). and the chickens are so far my favorites, but I haven’t befriended bunnies, the Fox, or birds in cottage living yet, or had a cow of llama yet. . I even liked the bird house that came with backyard stuff, I have it placed in a lot of community/commercial lots, as well as homes. Some sims even enjoy their frogs and insects. I hope the bird and bunnies will work at lots other than residential.

I would love to have a pet budgie you could feed talk to, play with, and take out of the cage to hold. I’d also like a tarantula you could hold and feed, a lizard you could watch and feed, a mouse you could play with and feed, and hermit crabs you could buy colorful rocks for and hold and feed. Oh, and I forgot horses, I hope sims can ride them, I hope they don’t get sick, but that besides hay, you could feed them apples. And I hope they are not tied to a stable and could take them off lot. Another cute addition would be baby dragons.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Dogs.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I can't choose a favorite because I'm fond of so many, at least in real life. :lol: In the game I might like dogs most (my kindred souls) and cats almost as much, but wild and tame-ish rabbits and birds are high on my list as well.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)