Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will we get any Medieval content ?

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    If you're patient, you can do it with different height half walls. They're a little thin, but otherwise they work.
    I tried that, but found them insufficiently chunky. Walls are so slender.

The other option would be to use platforms and make them a full tile thick, but that's a bit too thick if you want the battlements to actually be useable. It's times like these I wish half-tile walls were an option.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I hope so.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Does anyone know any good CC for putting battlements on the roof? I'm guessing it'd be done as a sort of fence.

If you're patient, you can do it with different height half walls. They're a little thin, but otherwise they work.

I never finished the castle where I tried this for other reasons, but I have done it.

I don't use CC for them, I just use difference fence sizes.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I would also love a medieval pack. My vampire misses his lute.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member

Maybe we'll get a kit pack of only medieval musical instruments! 🎼🪕🎶🎵🥰🥰🥰

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »

Yes please! Perhaps with a bardcore radio station?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

There are some wall decorations that came with jungle adventure, that can be placed on walls, even short ones to make them look a bit thicker. they come in 1 tile and 3 tiles, you can see the three tiles ones in these pictures, below the three tiled window. There's probably also other type of decor, either wall decor, or maybe a shelf or a nightstand that could be used against the wall to create some thickness.

mYv1eFI.png

AL2WU6o.png

There are also some thick stone fences that could be used, you could probably alternate a shorter fence with a taller one.

I made a castle with the short walls and I think it looks fine. I used friezes to create the illusion of chunkiness at the top.

2hmOFr4.png

• Options
    Iem89Iem89 Posts: 3 New Member
    I would also love medieval content. I have a strange urge to want to build a legacy that starts from this era, lol. It will be so satisfying to me. Also being able to have castles as something my newer generation sims can go visit and sight-see.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member

I want an 80s pack too as well as a medieval pack so this is song is perfect

https://youtu.be/Nx-x_1lIXh4
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I don't have any strong feelings either way about a medieval pack, but I couldn't resist the chance to add my favorite medieval piece of music to the conversation. I currently have a copy of it in the Classical section of my custom music folders, but it would be very cool to have a Bardcore station, as @annaliese39 suggested. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB4CehJEK8A
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member

Now I yearn for Sims 4: Hurdy-Gurdy Stuff
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I so want Medieval in Sims 4 as well. I do love my Medieval stuff in Sims 3. I have learned to look for some Medieval looks for building in my Get Together, Cottage Living, Vampire, Realm of Magic & Jungle Adventure packs.
    As well as, outfits in Get Famous, Spooky, Outdoor Retreat, Journey to Batuu & Cottage Living packs.
    Basically, it's like a hidden Easter egg, it needs to be hunted down among the packs.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2022
    Might be interesting as a separate game, but I wouldn’t want to see a TS4 pack dedicated to this idea. My Sims live in modern times. I’m not a fan of futuristic packs or past historical packs either.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »

Omg i was just listening to this artist today! I put it on my sims radio because I turned the whole windenberg medieval using the retexture and replacement mod by thesense4. She does lots of medieval content.

Totally in support of this OP!! Hope we get a dedicated pack one day. The pit monster is a must.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »

Now you've done it! I'm hoping for things again, Dagnabitt! Fanatastic version of an 80's classic btw!
  • Options
    DarcVader1DarcVader1 Posts: 65 Member
    I would faint if they ever made a medieval pack, lol. I LOVE history and to be able to recreate that in my games would be AMAZING!
  • Options
    pinkplushgirlpinkplushgirl Posts: 13 New Member
    I've played my fair share of medieval games over the years. It's one of my favorite games to play. However I personally wouldn't play a sims expansion pack that's medieval it just wouldn't do it do it justice. It's just sooo different to modern times I can see the backlash. However if you are thirsty for a proper medieval game that's sort of sims like I highly recommend crusader kings. It's a bit more strategy and you can only play nobles but you can make your own character with traits. Not the same but def sim vibes. They did sims medieval once and it just ... wasn't great. So I'd be shocked if they'd venture back in that territory again.
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    I would pay for that However I still think Elves should be in a Medieval Pack.

https://thesimsmedieval.fandom.com/wiki/Effenmont

https://pin.it/542ECOk
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2022

Use half wall cubes (1x1 or 2x2 rooms) in varying heights (shorter, then taller) and fill with platforms to make them look like thicker walls.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited January 2022
    I’d love a medieval expansion with a nice world. Some archery, and like someone else mentioned glass blowing, and pottery making. It would be nice to be able to make our own clothes too with various materials, by hand. Of course I would also like medieval clothes already premade too. I think this would be a great pack to bring out horses, smithing, materials and furniture ( like a fireplace you can cook in, chamber pots etc., ) for building castles and peasant homes.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Archery would be great - I suspect it'd work somewhat like the bowling alley currently does.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I don't think it'd really work with 4, I wouldn't want it to be a vacation world but it also needs to be separate from the rest of the game as I don't want to see Nancy Landgraab turning up on her phone in the 12th century. It'd be cool to get more historic spin off games though
  • Options
    PlumbobiPlumbobi Posts: 95 Member
    I'd love it if they did it combined with like a time travel theme, so your sim can go back in time? I loved Sims Medieval, but I sort of don't think they'll do it with Sims 4 : :'(
  • Options
    CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > Might be interesting as a separate game, but I wouldn’t want to see a TS4 pack dedicated to this idea. My Sims live in modern times. I’m not a fan of futuristic packs or past historical packs either.

The way I see it, we already have plenty of packs that allow one to scratch their Sci-Fi itch, so I feel medieval fans should get some too.

There are ways such a pack wouldn’t even have to break the modern setting. Either have a town that’s old-fashioned (though still can use modern tech) as a new world, or do the “renaissance fair” idea mentioned earlier.

Also, in addition to my most-wanted feature of sword fighting, I think a medieval pack would be the perfect excuse to bring horses to the Sims 4.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2022
    Cybersbe wrote: »
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > Might be interesting as a separate game, but I wouldn’t want to see a TS4 pack dedicated to this idea. My Sims live in modern times. I’m not a fan of futuristic packs or past historical packs either.

The way I see it, we already have plenty of packs that allow one to scratch their Sci-Fi itch, so I feel medieval fans should get some too.

There are ways such a pack wouldn’t even have to break the modern setting. Either have a town that’s old-fashioned (though still can use modern tech) as a new world, or do the “renaissance fair” idea mentioned earlier.

Also, in addition to my most-wanted feature of sword fighting, I think a medieval pack would be the perfect excuse to bring horses to the Sims 4.

You win. I would buy a Medieval pack if it included rideable horses :D