Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

January 18TH - INSIDE MAXIS LIVESTREAM

Comments

• Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I think the new Pronoun feature looks promising, it's very customizable.
    A bit disappointed we didn't get to see the new Game Pack.

They never show paid content during Inside Maxis streams, as far as I'm aware.
    I didn't understand the scenario part at all. And was the bath robe an item made by Complex?

I think the scenario was a married couple both in the same career competing to see who can rank up to CEO first. And yeah the robe is 1 of 3 things Complex made.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Holiday wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    I think the new Pronoun feature looks promising, it's very customizable.
    A bit disappointed we didn't get to see the new Game Pack.

They never show paid content during Inside Maxis streams, as far as I'm aware.
    I didn't understand the scenario part at all. And was the bath robe an item made by Complex?

I think the scenario was a married couple both in the same career competing to see who can rank up to CEO first. And yeah the robe is 1 of 3 things Complex made.

Ah thank you :)
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Wow, that felt very short!

Liked seeing the customization of pronouns, the concept art of some new robes, and a picture of a new hairstyle and new foods. (I didn’t see the first third of the stream.)

It was a bit meh, otherwise, though.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    > @Mariefoxprice83 said:
    > This new scenario sounds more interesting than the others.

It does... but am I the only who ended up thinking, "This is what the romantic hints were leading up to? We are NOT getting a wedding pack?"
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited January 2022
    I do like the robe hopefully it doesn't end up too alpha
    also I'm totally gonna use the custom pronouns feature and set all of it as ΜØŦĦ€Ř :sunglasses:

I just fear it might possibly mess up some existing premades pronouns though :sweat_smile:
    which i mean should be possible to fix with edits but oh boy the amount of premade sims
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

Those robes don't look like they were made by ComplexSims. They are too maxis match.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited January 2022
    I like the dressing gowns, definitely unisex! I hope the other 2 are as good.

When I saw that you will be able to customize your pronouns to whatever you want, I could see several pronouns I could use rather than they, theirs additions, and maybe robots and aliens could get their own pronouns too.

The trouble is that the more complex and more additions the game gets the less I feel like playing it. I haven't played for several weeks now.
  • Options
    Looking at the current low quality of their German translations and spelling, I'm a little bit relieved that they start this feature in English only.
  • Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    Cybersbe wrote: »
    ... but am I the only who ended up thinking, "This is what the romantic hints were leading up to? We are NOT getting a wedding pack?"
    No, I wasn't. My only thoughts were "How boring. Once again we get no new gameplay."

• Options

This is great, because I would love more male CAS stuff! 🤗👍 Nightwear (and swimwear) needs more choices/variety.
    (She/her)
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited January 2022
    I liked that they brought in a language expert (Veronica Morales) regarding the pronouns, and it's a good choice that they decided to start with english. It's good that it seems customizable and optional, we saw how it was supposed to be implemented in CAS, we didn't get to see how this looks in game though but I'm assuming that the messages in game will change depending on what you have chosen.

They didn't say if they are planning to update all the messages in the game, but if that's the case, I would not expect this feature to be done for a long time.

Hair to basegame, It's such a small effort porting a hair from a pack to basegame so I don't really...care. It's a good looking hair though. I wish they could have added a variant or something for people who already have the pack.

The new bath robe, it's nice to get a new robe that looks like it's made of silk I guess.

The new food looked great! Nice detail. Thank you for that devs.

REIPUt7.png

• Options
    logion wrote: »
    I liked that they brought in a language expert (Veronica Morales) regarding the pronouns, and it's a good choice that they decided to start with english. It's good that it seems customizable and optional, we saw how it was supposed to be implemented in CAS, we didn't get to see how this looks in game though but I'm assuming that the messages in game will change depending on what you have chosen.

They didn't say if they are planning to update all the messages in the game, but if that's the case, I would not expect this feature to be done for a long time.

Hair to basegame, I honestly thought that hair was already basegame. It's such a small effort porting a hair from a pack to basegame so I don't really...care. It's a good looking hair though. I wish they could have added a variant or something for people who already have the pack.

The new bath robe, it's nice to get a new robe that looks like it's made of silk I guess.

The new food looked great. Nice detail. Thank you for that devs.

REIPUt7.png

The food looks great. :)
  • Options
    > @Mariefoxprice83 said:

It does... but am I the only who ended up thinking, "This is what the romantic hints were leading up to? We are NOT getting a wedding pack?"
    If we don’t get a wedding/love pack, then I would be totally surprised, but interested in seeing what else the pack would be. (They had that “I Do” hint and wedding-looking symbols, though.)
    (She/her)
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    The scenario's more creative than the last one. But again, it's nothing we can't already do in-game and better. But points for trying.

The robes looks nice, glad we have them. Personally though I'm not too interested, since we already have a couple in-game and I don't really use them. Would be nice to have more underwear options though. 8 years and we still don't have proper briefs.

Food's nice, looks nice. Not much to say though since it's just food.

The pronoun stuff seems nice. I'm still whatever on it since the game practically goes out of its way to hide gender and pronouns, But I'll probably get some use out of customizable pronouns, so this could help me flesh out some of my sims.

Aaaaand they ported hair from Discover University to the main game, because of course they did.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    All I can say right now is I'm hungry.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,879 Member

Power Couple Scenario – Play as a married couple working in business together. You will have a friendly bet to see who can rise in the ranks to CEO first.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    > @Mariefoxprice83 said:

Nope because they specifically said in the roadmap that there is a game pack coming and on the ea official website it also hints to a wedding game pack
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    All I can say right now is I'm hungry.
    So am I. Hungry for justice. Justice for Torch. Where is he, EA?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Are we sure that the game pack comes before the kit coming out of the 3rd of February? They are cutting it really fine now, we haven’t even had a trailer.
  • Options
    EdithV wrote: »
    Are we sure that the game pack comes before the kit coming out of the 3rd of February? They are cutting it really fine now, we haven’t even had a trailer.

Valentine's day being on Feb 14, I would expect the wedding pack around that date.
  • Options

Valentine's day being on Feb 14, I would expect the wedding pack around that date.

Yes, everybody plays sims on valentines day. :smiley:
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

TBH I have no clue what everybody does on Valentine's day. I thought it was an American commercial invention to sell more flowers.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I mean if you're playing Sims in the first place, chances are you don't have Valentine's Day plans. /jk
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    It’s interesting that the upcoming free cas items are nightwear, the scenario is a couple themed one and it’s highly likely the pack is romance/wedding themed it’s a very romantic themed season which I don’t think they have done before in these quarterly releases.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top