Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A question about death

I play with ageing off, and I age characters up in their own good time. Is there a way (mechanically and socially) to pass away of old age when the time is right?

I'm pretty sure birthday cake doesn't do it, and there is no deathday cake.

I'm curious to see how to do it, and how to do it well. My Sims tend to keel over suddenly from disasters, but it'd be nice to give a Sim a happy final day and a peaceful end. Neither cheating them dead nor drowning them feels quite right, so I'm hoping the game has a proper option.

(I'd take a Death Party/'Surrounded by their family' GP or mod if they exist).

Also, same question but for pets.

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I think if you give death flower to elders they die.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited January 2022
    I use MCCC's Mark for Death (and from there I select "Old Age" for the cause) for elders I don't play. A completely peaceful (and touching, if you happen to witness it) death happens within 24 hours, usually pretty soon after using the command. For any elders in my currently active household, I do the "Kill Sim" command with the same cause of death. Edit: That one happens instantly. The animation is the same for both, peaceful, non-violent, and quite nice... as death goes.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    I don't think so.
    Before sending him or her outside, you might look into his or her relationship to make sure somebody can bring the urn back to the home of the sims.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    I used a few methods, but none of them are like dieing from old age.

During a heat wave (or a vey hot day) you can dress a sim in winterwear and go outside. The sim will die from over heating.

On a freezing cold day you can dress a sim in hot wear and go outside. The sim will freeze to death.

Both these methods are rather quick, but you will need to watch the to stop them from leaving to help their needs.

These days I simply set their hunger to zero (I use mod UI Cheat for this), and they will fall to the ground immediately. Death by starving will follow them in your family tree, but hey-ho, who cares ;)

I wish there was an easy way to do it.

I also wish there was a way to have birthdays without eating all those cakes...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022

You don't have to eat the cake to blow out the candles and age up. My current household had a Sim who mastered the culinary career track (food doesn't spoil); they've been using the same cake for every birthday for over a year of game time.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    I love eating cake, so this ingenuity gives me nothing but sorrow
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited January 2022
    If you have seasons and you gift a sim a flower arrangement that's scented with a certain flower (can't remember which one though), it will age up the sim who receives it. And for elders that means a visit from the grim reaper.
    Edit: it's death flower scented arrangements that do this.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    We'll, there is one. I mostly put new candles on the cake immediately after the Sim aged up, then I drag the cake in the fridge to await the next birthday.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    I do age them up without eating the cake, too. But I hate waste food, so I normally put it away and they keep eating it as leftovers. I'll try storing it elsewhere, I thought it would spoil eventually. I play 100+ households so it feels like there are always someone baking a cake ;)

I don't mind cakes in RL, but in this game there are so many things to do and so little time to do it...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    DarkZalethDarkZaleth Posts: 6 New Member
    Since I play with aging off, I have been known to make a very small room with no doors or windows and leave them there till they die. But I have gotten some better ideas here on how to deal with death when you want a sim to die. I do use MCC on the PC but I have to do work arounds of the PS5 since we cant use mods on with it.
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    I'd like a good death expansion. Enriching it, making it something other than a shocking tragedy.

I sort of like the idea of a non-death exit for sims. If a sim could turn into a tree and be planted forever, or turn to stone, not dead to mourn, but ever-present and timeless...

A less horrible end for sims who have had their time, unwanted children, the grandparents who have lost their storytelling lustre.

Maybe I just don't like to kill someone who represents 20 or 30 hours of development and care. If they could somehow be immortalised as something more personal than a gravestone, but less attention-grabbing than ghost, that would be ideal. I guess a vampire can hibernate for months and years. Maybe that's what I want: glorious storage!
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited January 2022
    The only thing I can suggest is cheats that require all-cheats mods. The cheat would be this:
    sims.age_up

Do this if you really want the game to show that they died from old age.

I wish it was added through patch to the unmodded game...