Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thermostats on Community Lots?

StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
Until recently I was playing in the same save game that I had been playing in for like.. 4 years. So I'm behind the times on some things related to the game, because other than residential lots that save was established a long time ago.

I noticed in my new game, where I got most of the Community Lots from the Gallery, that pretty much none of them have a thermostat. Is it because they aren't supposed to need one?

I google searched to try to find an answer, but all the search results are just old topics discussing the issue where thermostats don't work on community lots....but that was supposedly fixed in like 2018.
This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
The Winters family Tree --- My Mods

Comments

• Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited January 2022
    Thermostats work on community lots. I almost always add them, except for worlds that don't really need them (like Sulani).
    You just have to make sure to check when you arrive, because if you were last on the lot in the middle of winter and set the thermostat to high; then return during a heatwave, we all know what can happen...

Edit: I haven't played the game much recently but I've never had them not work on community lots.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    So here’s my take on it.. I don’t think you’re supposed to need one on a community lot, however I find (in my game anyway) it is very much needed. It seems to be a bigger issue for cold weather, and shows up more on lots that change a Sims clothing (gym, spa, etc.). I try to always add one just in case, and they do seem to work in my game. You can also add a fireplace and/or a ceiling fan (& space heater if you have SE), to achieve your desired temperature if a modern thermostat would be out of place in your lot.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    This is a very helpful mod for both residential and community lots:

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/180789371643/automatic-thermostat-seasons-this-mod-will-let
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I use that mod too @RedShoe7! That's part of why I asked this question. Between having that mod in my game for years and having a save game where all community lots had thermostats....I just didn't know anymore if I actually needed those thermostats.

@Kita5399 , I have to thank you for that input. My question was prompted after my sims stayed in their cold weather outfits while inside a bar in Winter. I noted a lack of thermostat in the bar as well. Then when visiting a spa the next day, they got cold as could be while doing yoga...again I noticed no thermostat. So yah, it seems to me one is needed too.

I went through my new save after making this post and added thermostats to every single community lot (except the ones in Sulani) and literally NONE of the community lots from the gallery had one. Which surprises me, if they actually "need" one. I guess people don't want to have their lots indicate that "Seasons" is required....even when it's already flagged to need like 40+ packs. *shrug*
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods