Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I've got it already, but I encourage anybody thinking about it to take a look during this trial period, and buy it on sale if you like it. It is a beautiful, beautiful world. The skiing and stuff is nice, but I like the little things, like the sign that makes the sims remove shoes when indoors, and the Proper trait. I love it when your sim doesn't take off his shoes in the house and the 'proper' roommate gets all irritated over this improper behavior.
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    It's just stunning especially the mountain area.
    Downloaded the trial as for some reason this pack just had never appealed and I put it off, have absolutely fallen in love with it. It feels bigger than some of the worlds maybe with all the hiking trails, though it does seem limited in buildings.
    Will definitely purchase now though.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Yay! I was hoping for a trial of this one, because there are elements of the pack that interest me. I just wish I'd seen this sooner rather than when I'm thinking about going to bed soon. Ah well, I can download it and experiment a little first.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    Oh, that’s awesome that they offered a free trial! 🤗👍 They should do that more often, lol.

(It reminds me of when Final Fantasy 14 game offered free trials of one of their expansions.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    That's awesome. Last time they had a free trial I think was Island living and I tried to do the free trial. It said something went wrong while trying to download it.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Oh, that’s awesome that they offered a free trial! 🤗👍 They should do that more often, lol.

(It reminds me of when Final Fantasy 14 game offered free trials of one of their expansions.)

@LatinaBunny there were several free trials last year.

City Life April 2021

Eco Lifestyle June 2021

Get Famous October 2021

Island Living November 2021

• Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I own Snowy Escape, and it is a really pretty world.
    I did the free trial for Eco Lifestyle, and made the decision to get it after the trial.
    Snowy Escape is one of my favorite worlds to play, and I hope people enjoy it.
  • Options
    So far there are a few things I like about this pack but I don't know yet if I would get the use out of it.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member

City Life April 2021

Eco Lifestyle June 2021

Get Famous October 2021

Oh, wow, that’s awesome! 😀👍 Hope they keep doing that to attract more new players for the game! 🙂

Luckily, I have all of those packs already, hehe.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member

City Life April 2021

Eco Lifestyle June 2021

Get Famous October 2021

Eco Lifestyle was October. I know this because that weekend, my household had the Corona and unfortunately I couldn't get into it because I didn't feel like sitting at my computer. I just wanted to sleep.
    I broke down and bought it half off at the next sale as an early Christmas gift for myself. :D
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    One thing I don't like is that with this pack I apparently can't hold club gatherings in the public area, which I'm sure I can usually do.
  • Options
    @Anmirla thanks for the correction!
  • Options
    GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    Sorry, but Eco was back in September https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/993741/eco-lifestyle-free-trial-hey-that-rhymes/p1
    I think the one in June was when the trial was made free by mistake for half a day :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the correction @Greyling! 😄

The intended message is that we had four free trials in 2021.

City Living
    Get Famous
    Eco Lifestyle
    Island Living
  • Options
    GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    edited January 2022
    @simgirl1010 - yeah, I gathered as much. That’s why I didn’t comment on it last time you posted the list ;) but seeing as someone else mentioned that it wasn’t in June, I thought that if you were to edit it, you might as well have the exact month :)
    (And if someone were to follow the link, I included, they might even be feel like answering one or two of the questions someone posed which didn’t receive a an answer o:) )

Anyway back on topic. I got Snowy Escape last time it was on sale so I won’t be taking advantage of the free trial, but it’s a beautiful world with some fun activities. However, I haven’t managed to find the Festival of Youth, maybe I’ve been looking in the wrong place or do you have to bring a child with you for it to appear - I only had a toddler?
  • Options
    How do I find the low level climbing walls? I found one two nights ago after installing the pack and haven't found it since. Can climbing walls somehow be placed in home lots or are they locked into the non-residential areas?
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited January 2022
    Greyling wrote: »
    @simgirl1010 - yeah, I gathered as much. That’s why I didn’t comment on it last time you posted the list ;) but seeing as someone else mentioned that it wasn’t in June, I thought that if you were to edit it, you might as well have the exact month :)
    (And if someone were to follow the link, I included, they might even be feel like answering one or two of the questions someone posed which didn’t receive a an answer o:) )

Anyway back on topic. I got Snowy Escape last time it was on sale so I won’t be taking advantage of the free trial, but it’s a beautiful world with some fun activities. However, I haven’t managed to find the Festival of Youth, maybe I’ve been looking in the wrong place or do you have to bring a child with you for it to appear - I only had a toddler?

My bad. Sorry I didn't search for the correct date. I assumed the dates posted were within the correct periods, but I knew the time frame. We had corona for a little more than 3 wks and I knew it was before Halloween.
    The ONE pack that I wanted to explore before buying and it was just my luck that I was too miserable and dazed to take advantage of it!
    What pushed to buy it was that I needed it for an occult mod. :D
    Again, sorry for not checking the exact date.

This is a great way to determine if you want to spend your money and not end up with buyer's remorse. You get full access, so whatever you can checkout, you can - nothing held back. If your luck is like mine though, it won't really matter. :D
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    How do I find the low level climbing walls? I found one two nights ago after installing the pack and haven't found it since. Can climbing walls somehow be placed in home lots or are they locked into the non-residential areas?

tbh i haven't explored a lot even though ive had the pack quite a while :sweat_smile: but theres low level climbing wall close to the bunny slopes in snowy part if the world
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    It’s a shame I can’t try it due to being on console. Eco lifestyle and this are the only expansions I don’t have because I don’t show interest in them, but I’d still like to give it a try.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2022

If you keep going west (left when looking up the mountain), past the bunny slopes, you eventually hit a cliff. That's it.

You can use the Climbing Treadmill from Fitness Stuff to build the skill in other worlds.
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »

tbh i haven't explored a lot even though ive had the pack quite a while :sweat_smile: but theres low level climbing wall close to the bunny slopes in snowy part if the world

I think that is the only one I've managed to find. I did find it again this afternoon.
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »

If you keep going west (left when looking up the mountain), past the bunny slopes, you eventually hit a cliff. That's it.

You can use the Climbing Treadmill from Fitness Stuff to build the skill in other worlds.

Is that the only one? I don't own or particularly want Fitness Stuff.
  • Options
    megan_mariamegan_maria Posts: 645 Member
    I love that they are providing us with free trials to give a pack a go before spending our money on it.

I actually brought Snowy Escape last week before the free trial (doh) but luckily enough I absolutely love it! The world is beautiful, the skiing/snowboarding skill is really fun to watch and makes for a great vacation.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I can't seem to go on an excursion, so I guess that answers the question for me. There are things I like about the pack but it doesn't feel like a "must buy" and if I can't climb the mountain it's just not worth it.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    I can't seem to go on an excursion, so I guess that answers the question for me. There are things I like about the pack but it doesn't feel like a "must buy" and if I can't climb the mountain it's just not worth it.

You can climb up to a lot…… I believe there are a few sections to get there. Some of the stuff from outdoor retreat is also very use in this pack while climbing up the the special open lot you can build on.