Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gardening Essentials? (BG+packs)

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    What greenhouse are we talking about here?

You can use base game windows and base game glass roofs to make a greenhouse in build mode.

• Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I love gardening and cooking in the game too. I just discovered recently that you can actually click on and sell the baked items made with the cupcake factory. I never play with the cupcake factory because it's so big, but one of my Sims has a huge kitchen, so I put it in recently and now I have a little at-home cupcake side business going for her which has been fun.

I read that if you befriend the bunnies or a flock of birds they will help with your garden, although I haven't tried it yet.

There are some really nice print pictures you can get from looking at plants under the microscope or taking pictures of your food at restaurants.

There is a picnic basket with cottage living you can add some food to and then put in your inventory and set the basket up on a picnic table to have a picnic

• Options
    ChariceZyrus89ChariceZyrus89 Posts: 35 Member
    @DragonAge_300905

Ooh I thought it's a buy mode item 😅
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    What greenhouse are we talking about here?

In TS4 a "greenhouse" is literally any building that you build and put plants inside. It's up to you whether you want to make it actually look like a a real greenhouse or not. The only thing you actually need is a roof over the plants.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    Elliandre wrote: »
    I love gardening and cooking in the game too. I just discovered recently that you can actually click on and sell the baked items made with the cupcake factory. I never play with the cupcake factory because it's so big, but one of my Sims has a huge kitchen, so I put it in recently and now I have a little at-home cupcake side business going for her which has been fun.

I read that if you befriend the bunnies or a flock of birds they will help with your garden, although I haven't tried it yet.

There are some really nice print pictures you can get from looking at plants under the microscope or taking pictures of your food at restaurants.

There is a picnic basket with cottage living you can add some food to and then put in your inventory and set the basket up on a picnic table to have a picnic

Ooh, picnic basket! 😲 More stuff, yay! 🤗👍

Oh! I’ll have to check out how to have my sims take photos and print pictures. Can they take photos with their phone or does it have to be a specialized camera?

If my house has room, I’ll definitely check out that cupcake factory machine! 😀 Maybe make a basement or an attic just for it, lol. Thanks for letting me know that we can sell the products! 🤗👍
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    There's a mod that adds smaller size and different colors for the cupcake factory if you are willing to use mods. It's available over on MTS. I use it, because I want to be able to make cupcakes in my freaking kitchen.
  • Options

Ooh, picnic basket! 😲 More stuff, yay! 🤗👍

Oh! I’ll have to check out how to have my sims take photos and print pictures. Can they take photos with their phone or does it have to be a specialized camera?

If my house has room, I’ll definitely check out that cupcake factory machine! 😀 Maybe make a basement or an attic just for it, lol. Thanks for letting me know that we can sell the products! 🤗👍

There's some different ways to take photos in the game, probably some I haven't discovered yet. There is the cell phone you can take a cute photo with another Sim. There is also the camera you can purchase and keep in your inventory. There is the tripod that came with Moschino stuff pack which is great, you can set it up anywhere to take a photo. The photo studio object is fun you can set up your own photography business in your home. And the microscope and observation sky tower thing have photos you can collect when using them. And when dining at a restaurant you can take photos of your plate of food. :smiley:
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    There's a mod that adds smaller size and different colors for the cupcake factory if you are willing to use mods. It's available over on MTS. I use it, because I want to be able to make cupcakes in my freaking kitchen.

I've been wishing to bake cupcakes in my oven for so long, but I haven't downloaded a mod for it yet. Or at least I would love a small tabletop baker oven like you said there is just no room for that factory in the kitchen and who wants to bake in their backyard or basement lol.

• Options
    edited January 2022

I've been wishing to bake cupcakes in my oven for so long, but I haven't downloaded a mod for it yet. Or at least I would love a small tabletop baker oven like you said there is just no room for that factory in the kitchen and who wants to bake in their backyard or basement lol.

Yah, same here. Even with the mod for the smaller one I still don't use it in very many of my households. It's still a floor slot not a tabletop one, unfortunately. It takes up 4 tiles (2x2) rather than the size of the base game one which takes up a whopping 9 tiles (3x3), so it's still a bit big. I usually also shrink it down. It makes the animations a bit off, but I'm okay with that.

There are mods that let you make the cupcakes in the oven, but I don't use those. The problem with mods that mess with oven cooking recipes is that they break the game any time there's a pack or game update that adds recipes. I try to minimize how many mods I use that will require mod updates any time the game updates.
    Object additions, like a smaller cupcake machine, on the other hand rarely, if ever, need to be updated. Hence why that's the one I use.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,876 Member
    Ravasheen has a small counter top object for baking.

• Options
    Stormkeep wrote: »

Yah, same here. Even with the mod for the smaller one I still don't use it in very many of my households. It's still a floor slot not a tabletop one, unfortunately. It takes up 4 tiles (2x2) rather than the size of the base game one which takes up a whopping 9 tiles (3x3), so it's still a bit big. I usually also shrink it down. It makes the animations a bit off, but I'm okay with that.

There are mods that let you make the cupcakes in the oven, but I don't use those. The problem with mods that mess with oven cooking recipes is that they break the game any time there's a pack or game update that adds recipes. I try to minimize how many mods I use that will require mod updates any time the game updates.
    Object additions, like a smaller cupcake machine, on the other hand rarely, if ever, need to be updated. Hence why that's the one I use.

that's why I haven't downloaded a mod for it yet. I would be so upset if in an update my kitchen appliances broke. I love cooking in the game way too much. I did build a bakery once though and had some fun with that because it felt more realistic for there to be a cupcake factory in a retail business lot.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    There's some different ways to take photos in the game, probably some I haven't discovered yet. There is the cell phone you can take a cute photo with another Sim. There is also the camera you can purchase and keep in your inventory. There is the tripod that came with Moschino stuff pack which is great, you can set it up anywhere to take a photo. The photo studio object is fun you can set up your own photography business in your home. And the microscope and observation sky tower thing have photos you can collect when using them. And when dining at a restaurant you can take photos of your plate of food. :smiley:
    Wow, so many options! 🤗👍
    Yeah, got the Moschino stuff pack because I heard there’s something with taking photos. Will definitely have to check all of these photo and microscope stuff out soon! 😀👍
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Ravasheen has a small counter top object for baking.

Oh boy, thank you SO MUCH for sharing that info and link! Going in my game right this minute.