Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite expansion pack?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    edited December 2021
    I have several. Eco Living, Seasons, Get Together, Snowy escape, and Cottage Living, and Get to work.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited December 2021
    Get To Work
    For me, Get To Work was my favorite when it first released. I bought it the first time I saw it. I enjoyed the doctor and detective careers thoroughly. I hadn't played the Scientist career but watched a Let's Play of it on YouTube from Make 2 (Look up Season 2, Episode 10, of Let's Play The Eden-Cho family where Bon Eden goes to the Scientist career workplace, and nearly has her face blown off by a bunsen burner LMAO). This was hilarious.
  • Options
    Island Living
    It really was a toss up between Seasons and Island Living. Loved them both. Seasons got me to come back to the game, then when I got bored of it again Island Living pulled me back in. Island living also has given me ideas for what the Sim team could implement in the future if they truly wanted to and most of my newer households either live in Strangerville or Sulani so....Island Living it is. It really did have a good variety of things to do.
  • Options
    SimsJediSimsJedi Posts: 26 Member
    City Living
    I feel like Seasons is probably the best EP objectively, because of how much it enriches gameplay, but City Living is my favorite EP (though not favorite pack overall). I love the festivals, the neighborhoods, and apartment living. Since I'm mostly a builder, San Myshuno makes it a lot easier for me to just jump into the game and actually play it instead of nitpicking over lot design.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Seasons
    'Get Together' is a close second, followed by 'Cottage Living'.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Get Famous
    I LOVE the celebrity perks. 👍
    Then Discover Univ,
    Then Get Together
    Then City Living..
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,039 Member
    I'm torn between seasons and get together - both because they add a dimension to the ordinary game that I would greatly miss if they weren't there. Seasons for me makes the game more real, and get together's clubs are a necessity for the kind of generational game play I have. Fact is neither feels like "packs" as much as gives dimensions to the game and feel like basegame enhancers more than anything (if that makes sense).

Of the others, I'm leaning towards Island Living as I love the world, the culture and the new beaches. It feels like it truly ads something to my game play.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2021
    Snowy Escape or Cottage Living
    For me it's Cottage Living. If Cottage Living didn't have the new world included...or if Seasons had included a world of any kind it would still be Seasons, but the combination of gameplay + an amazing new world that Cottage Living offers edges out Seasons as far as my favorite goes.

I would not want to play the game without Seasons though...so it's a really close 2nd.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    KateLynneKateLynne Posts: 47 Member
    Seasons
    For me it's seasons because it really just helps me immerse myself in the gameplay. It just adds so much to the game.
    I also just really like bees. :')
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Seasons
    This was a hard decision, since I love several of the packs, and I can’t imagine losing any of them, hehe. 🙂

The main one is Seasons. I need my weather, seasonal activities, floral arranging, gardening career, and holiday calendar.

The other top competing packs would be: Cottage Living (with the cross-stitch, the farm animals, the big crops, the country feel, etc), Island Living (with the mermaids, which are always my favorite supernatural beings), and Get Together (with its club system).
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    City Living
    Don't mind me. Just throwing a vote towards City Living because even though Seasons is required in my mind, I spend a LOT of my time in San Myshuno. Surprise, surprise, when doing a randomized rotation of all households, you end up in the city that can house A LOT most of the time. But also the festivals are always fun to drop in on. Singing is just a whipped cream on the sundae I really like. As someone who doesn't like to build too much, the apartments just feel about right to just drop in and play around in.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    For me, it's a toss up between Cats and Dogs, Cottage Living, and Get Together. I use those 3 packs and all they have to offer so much that it's hard to pick which one gets top billing from me.... so I won't. :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Get To Work
    Get to Work simply because it has Aliens.
  • Options
    SimsQueerSimsQueer Posts: 103 Member
    Snowy Escape or Cottage Living
    cottage living or seasons. I love making those cozy houses. these two together are just perfect for my northern european -style needs. all I really need more is a sauna that works off-the-grid.... like, you know... with wood... like they used to...
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited January 2022
    Get To Work
    It was really hard to pick….. I love Get to work because, I want retail stores, and I love the 3 active careers. I wish we had a workplace for all careers.

But my favorite world is Get Together….. so….. GTW and GT run a close tie

I also love Island Living and Cottage living. I also like the active acting career in get famous, but the world is too small, and I think we should have had some other careers as well. And there should have been beach front lots.

I also like city living for the apartments.

I don’t really regret buying any of them because each pack has things I like. But the bottom of my list would be Discover University.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    edited January 2022
    Get Famous
    I nearly cried when we learned this EP was coming. I even uninstalled an older version of Road to Fame thinking I would no longer need it to help my Sim become famous. Turned out, thanks to a very kind player giving me a Heads-Up, the mod creator had just produced a new version that included a Professional Singer. Grabbed that version and am having a blast. Unfortunately, I've run into some very interesting problems, some of them self-induced mind you, that has caused me to restart my singer Sim. This has a great outcome, in the long run. In fact, my Teen achieved Global Superstar in just ten Sim days! Recently, I also learned from another most generous player that it is possible for a Sim to earn a Starlight Accolade for their music. I had placed my singer in the Acting career after Uni so that I could see him win an Accolade. Next go-around I placed him in the Entertainment career. This is where he was invited by his boss to submit a piece of music. This was great, I was all a-tingle, however, even though he won, it was all in a pop-down message. No invitation to come to the PBP Studio for the next show to see if he won. Ho-hum. At least I had pictures of him receiving the award I had never shared.

Since I have learned he needs to write music, as opposed to write lyrics, and license them, with the aid of a mod that removes the cool-down in between licensing, he has now won Nine Accolades, to date. After all of these yearsI'm finally getting the satisfaction I wanted. So, yes, I love Get Famous!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited January 2022
    City Living
    This is probably the expansion pack that I enjoyed playing the most. Back when I was playing the sims4 a lot.

It also had one of the best trailers Maxis have made for a sims4 pack in my opinion.
  • Options
    BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    edited January 2022
    Island Living
    I treated myself this holiday season with a few EPs, and packs, and kits. Pretty sure I got most of them now. I think I got really immersed into most of them, some more than others obviously. Cottage Living did not grab my attention because I would hate farm life and I'm not interested in a virtual one either. Snowy Escape seems lightweight but I love the furniture and CAS items. I'm almost done getting an A+ gpa from University, and I think I'll need a long break before going back there for another diploma. I enjoyed Get Famous a lot, so I'll probably make another celebrity at some point. I preferred Island Living out of them all though, I think tropical paradises are gorgeous and relaxing, so I enjoy starting my sims in Sulani and moving them on from there.
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Get Famous
    Seasons feels like part of the base game to me. I realise it isn't, but it's so much the background of everything I do, so I went for my favourite of the conspicuous ones: Get Famous. It's fun to be in movies! Great costumes, too!