Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

4 hours of sleep for full sleep bar?

I'm getting annoyed that my sims will go to bed at 11pm with their sleep bar in the red and then wake up at 3am with the bar completely full. I want it to be realistic but if I keep them up any longer then they pass out on the floor. I'm just really sick of sims needing only 4 hours of sleep. Also, my sims don't ignore their bar and keep sleeping until 6, they sleep until it is full and immediately get up. I just think this was implemented weird, normally people need more than 4 hours to feel completely awake...

**I don't use mods**
~I do not use mods or cc~

Comments

• Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Give the sucker a cheap bed - show that Sim who is boss.
  • Options
    FFX2Paine506FFX2Paine506 Posts: 675 Member
    plopppo wrote: »
    Give the sucker a cheap bed - show that Sim who is boss.

I do have the most expensive bed, forgot that probably has a lot to do with it lol
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I'm getting annoyed that my sims will go to bed at 11pm with their sleep bar in the red and then wake up at 3am with the bar completely full. I want it to be realistic but if I keep them up any longer then they pass out on the floor. I'm just really sick of sims needing only 4 hours of sleep. Also, my sims don't ignore their bar and keep sleeping until 6, they sleep until it is full and immediately get up. I just think this was implemented weird, normally people need more than 4 hours to feel completely awake...

**I don't use mods**

Really? I am lucky if I get 4 to 5 hour's tops for sleep every single night 7 days a week, 365 days a yr, and I function just fine, not everyone needs to sleep long hours to function, But I will say yes the Sim's do need to stay in bed at night or Day which ever case may be, to sleep more, they need to fix the clock's to slow down the bar's, i guess, :)
  • Options

**I don't use mods**

Really? I am lucky if I get 4 to 5 hour's tops for sleep every single night 7 days a week, 365 days a yr, and I function just fine, not everyone needs to sleep long hours to function, But I will say yes the Sim's do need to stay in bed at night or Day which ever case may be, to sleep more, they need to fix the clock's to slow down the bar's, i guess, :)

Well there's a difference between function and actually feeling 100% awake :P haha but I get what you're saying, I've had 3 hours to 17 hours before (don't ask) and I felt more "100%" closer towards 8 versus 4. But either way my sims need to sleep longer!
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Some people are short sleepers, but many people just skimp on sleep. It all catches up to you later, though. I have a circadian rhythm sleep disorder myself, so I have the worst sleep schedule ever.

That bites, though. Realistically they should tend to need 6-8 hours of sleep. Maybe they should make a "short sleeper" trait. Play with sleep. :tongue:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I'm lucky if I get four hours of sleep some nights. I wish my needs bar could be filled too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    They also won't wake up until morning unless you give them a task. I usually just have mine sleep until the bar is full and then they are up and at 'em
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    They also won't wake up until morning unless you give them a task. I usually just have mine sleep until the bar is full and then they are up and at 'em

Mine stopped doing that for some reason. Even without a task they wake up at 3am, I don't get it.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I start out cheap and uncomfortable. When they wake up with a backache I trade it for next one up (#4 but comfortable). As my Sim gets more money I trade it up and find that #6 comfort is good enough for my working sims.

If I have a Sim that doesn't work, I just motherlode and give them the #10 bed because they are up all day and most the night clubbing.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    I can remember that happening in previous versions and using a mod to drag down the energy bar so they'd sleep longer. Unfortunately the motives cheat for Sims 4 won't allow you to adjust individual needs. Unless there is one I'm not aware of. What about coffee or tea to keep them awake a little longer? Does that have any effect on energy?
  • Options
    I can remember that happening in previous versions and using a mod to drag down the energy bar so they'd sleep longer. Unfortunately the motives cheat for Sims 4 won't allow you to adjust individual needs. Unless there is one I'm not aware of. What about coffee or tea to keep them awake a little longer? Does that have any effect on energy?

It just gives them 4 hours of the "Energized" emotion :/ so not really
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I really miss the individual sliders. I would slide mine up a tad bit till it was bedtime.

Now they seem to need a nap after school or work, if not, they will go to bed too early. If they get up too early, I work on their needs and then have them nap before going to work or school.
  • Options
    I kind of wish we could upgrade the beds like we can with toilets and showers and kitchen equipment.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    I kind of wish we could upgrade the beds like we can with toilets and showers and kitchen equipment.

I'm down for either 1. Being able to upgrade beds, 2. Have them take away the levels altogether, or 3. Have more than one "really good" bed option so we aren't stuck with one that's so dominant.
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »

I'm down for either 1. Being able to upgrade beds, 2. Have them take away the levels altogether, or 3. Have more than one "really good" bed option so we aren't stuck with one that's so dominant.
    Being able to downgrade beds would be cool too. Maybe when pets are put in a pack, they can destroy the beds a bit? I would love if pets could destroy furniture again.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Okay one of mine has the never weary trait and he did get up on his own at about 5 am. The other one is still sleeping with a full bar despite being pretty hungry..
    I'd love to be able to upgrade beds that way we could have any style we want... without the backache.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited June 2016

**I don't use mods**

Only having 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night isn't very good for you though. I can function with no sleep at all but doing it regularly will have negative consequences further down the line. A good night's sleep is very important to human health & well-being. The difference I feel from having 5 hours of sleep, compared to 10 hours of sleep, is pretty drastic.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I usually just send my sims back to bed for a nap if they wake up early. They do sometimes pull an energized moodlet from said nap but not always. It might depend on their traits.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    ModifienModifien Posts: 363 Member
    I agree about the bed quality stuff. I don't like the super fancy royal type look. I wish I could get a more rustic one that has good sleep stats. I usually end up with the chic modern beds, just because they have the right sleep-quality frame for my games, but I don't like that it forces a certain style on the rest of the room. :/ It would be nice if we could take a crappy bed and upgrade it, I agree.
  • Options
    ManaplayerManaplayer Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, anybody have problems with sims sleeping?
  • Options
    ManaplayerManaplayer Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Manaplayer said:
    > Hi, anybody have problems with sims sleeping?

I mean if you are putting your sims into bed but they doesnt sleep at all. They are getting out of bed every hour or two. Do you have some tutorial how to solve this problem? I have found this tutorial https://gameguidegeek.com/sims-4-sim-sleep/ but I am not sure if it is working. Anybody have the same problems with your sims? Thx for advice
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Wait until their Energy meter is at least amber, not green.

Even then, I have seen occasionally a bug with furnishings in a favorite style where my sims will wake up, get out of bed, and walk through the house to admire said object, even if not fully rested.

If you put your sims to bed, and they don't sleep AT ALL, I would suspect interference from an out of date mod, or bad cc.

In any case, the place to register bug reports (and a good place to check to see if anyone else is reporting the same problem, and has found a work-around) is https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • Options
    GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    Manaplayer wrote: »
    > @Manaplayer said:
    > Hi, anybody have problems with sims sleeping?

I mean if you are putting your sims into bed but they doesnt sleep at all. They are getting out of bed every hour or two. Do you have some tutorial how to solve this problem? I have found this tutorial https://gameguidegeek.com/sims-4-sim-sleep/ but I am not sure if it is working. Anybody have the same problems with your sims? Thx for advice

I did have that problem when my sims moved from a small apartment in the Fashion District in San Myshuno to the Fountainview Penthouse. They would sleep a couple of hours and then get up and it would continue like that all night long leaving them to become exhausted very quickly during the day. I was afraid something had gone wrong with my save and even going back a save and repurchasing the new apartment still made it keep on happening. After some desperate googling, it turned out it was because the radio was in the same room as the bed and I a) hadn’t put up any walls, because I like the open space of that apartment and b) I didn’t turn the radio off when my sims went to sleep. After finding the cause of the problem, I haven’t had that issue since.

I saw that what was causing my problem (i.e. the radio) was listed as a possibility on the site you referred to, so I just wanted to mention it as being a possibility as well. How many of their suggestions have you tried?