Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get famous

Why aren’t there bodyguards I’m just thinking it could have been good because get famous sims can’t go outside without being mobbed ,I know there is celebrity Disguise but still I would have like bodyguards with the option to says keep fans always or allow fans you know,also this expansion would have been perfect to introduce robbers back in the game with the safe and all .

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2021
    You can get an Entourage perk on one of the tracks, I believe. Once this is unlocked you could dress your entourage sims like bodyguards/personal assistants etc. They wouldn't keep fans away, but they would hang out around your sim and look threatening.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    You can get an Entourage perk on one of the tracks, I believe. Once this is unlocked you could dress your entourage sims like bodyguards/personal assistants etc. They wouldn't keep fans away, but they would hang out around your sim and look threatening.

Also have a bodyguard group.
    Add two burly sims with intimidating clothing no matter what the outfit. Assign the group antisocial activities.
    Keep your own sim off autonomous interactions as you control him or her.

Not sure how that will work, but I think I will experiment when my own sim becomes famous.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    @CK213 That sounds like a great idea!
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 396 Member
    I would add one other suggestion. I don't know if you use mods but "Road to Fame" allows you to hire a personal bodyguard. The mod is also a great addition to Get famous. I use it all the time.
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    inmyeye wrote: »
    I would add one other suggestion. I don't know if you use mods but "Road to Fame" allows you to hire a personal bodyguard. The mod is also a great addition to Get famous. I use it all the time.

I use that one, too. I love having a Singer Sim, but unfortunately, he still hasn't been recognized for his music. I'm even following advice from others that have enjoyed this perk by having him simply write songs, (instead of lyrics) on his violin. He's level 10 on that and the guitar and piano, but you can't just write songs on the latter two instruments. With the restriction on licensing music to one a week, this could take forever. I didn't pause his fame this iteration, either, as another player suggested their Sim was a Global Superstar and was winning Accolades. I'm still waiting. In the past, the only time he could win was when he entered the Entertainment Career. Of course at that time, I didn't realize music only, no lyrics was the criteria.) His boss suggested he submit some of his work, and he won. Sadly, no invitation to receive the award at the Show. I was happy that I had photos from when he won one as an Actor in an earlier save. But, I haven't given up. Not yet. And Road to Fame is AWESOME.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 396 Member
    inmyeye wrote: »

I use that one, too. I love having a Singer Sim, but unfortunately, he still hasn't been recognized for his music. I'm even following advice from others that have enjoyed this perk by having him simply write songs, (instead of lyrics) on his violin. He's level 10 on that and the guitar and piano, but you can't just write songs on the latter two instruments. With the restriction on licensing music to one a week, this could take forever. I didn't pause his fame this iteration, either, as another player suggested their Sim was a Global Superstar and was winning Accolades. I'm still waiting. In the past, the only time he could win was when he entered the Entertainment Career. Of course at that time, I didn't realize music only, no lyrics was the criteria.) His boss suggested he submit some of his work, and he won. Sadly, no invitation to receive the award at the Show. I was happy that I had photos from when he won one as an Actor in an earlier save. But, I haven't given up. Not yet. And Road to Fame is AWESOME.

IMHO Get Famous is one of the better expansion packs. Yes, the world is a bit of a disappointment but all in all the pack is good. The acting scenes aren't Macbeth or anything but it's nice to have actual activities your sims participate in. Road to Fame adds so much to it. I like doing the acting gigs on my sims lot. I build a "studio" on the lot and then the cameramen and actors show up and it's a lot of fun. You can do the same with modeling gigs. Hire a bodyguard. Hire a personal assistant. Get gifts from fans Gift back to fans. And the street dancing "career" is also great. If players want to really ramp up their game play Get Famous combined with Road to Fame is the way to go. (And by the way, I don't mind Judith a bit. She's a riot.)
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain
  • Options
    LyssandriLyssandri Posts: 33 Member
    I love Get Famous, but somehow I've "lost" the "Celebrity Meet and Greet" and "Celebrity Charity Event" Event Planning options. I removed all my mods and they were still missing. Other than that, though, I really enjoy it! Even the fame quirks can be entertaining (at least for a while, I imagine they'll eventually start to drive me nuts :smiley:
  • Options
    LyssandriLyssandri Posts: 33 Member
    > @inmyeye said:
    > And the street dancing "career" is also great. If players want to really ramp up their game play Get Famous combined with Road to Fame is the way to go. (And by the way, I don't mind Judith a bit. She's a riot.)

I've never heard of "Road to Fame' or the street dancing "career" - are those mods or something in the game I've just managed to miss?