Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

im not much use on here

EllierosexEllierosex Posts: 359 Member
hi,
i feel like i am doing nothing but annoy threads with messages... sorry but i am trying to answer peoples questions, im having fun but i feel like im annoying you all... sorry...
"Za Woka Geneva"

Comments

• Options
    :s:(
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • Options
    just i screw up. why am i here
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    You’re fine. It’s great to see someone so excited about the game. And all of us have made posting mistakes. It takes time to figure out what goes where. Just as general guide, the “What Happened in Your Game today” thread tends to be most popular with folks who tell lengthy, ongoing stories from their game. The rest of us use the “What Happened In Your Game Today Nonserial” thread. If you have a really cool screenshot you want to share ( just 1), “Post The Last Screenshot You Took” is the place for that. The Screenshot Spammers thread is where you can post a whole lot of screenshots with no real story.

Keep simming!
  • Options
    cyncie wrote: »
    You’re fine. It’s great to see someone so excited about the game. And all of us have made posting mistakes. It takes time to figure out what goes where. Just as general guide, the “What Happened in Your Game today” thread tends to be most popular with folks who tell lengthy, ongoing stories from their game. The rest of us use the “What Happened In Your Game Today Nonserial” thread. If you have a really cool screenshot you want to share ( just 1), “Post The Last Screenshot You Took” is the place for that. The Screenshot Spammers thread is where you can post a whole lot of screenshots with no real story.

Keep simming!

Just, you guys are good at answering questions, you get loads of awesomes etc But, I have nothing, I am not as good as you guys. I don't know why I'm here.
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • Options
    Ellierosex wrote: »

Keep simming!

Just, you guys are good at answering questions, you get loads of awesomes etc But, I have nothing, I am not as good as you guys. I don't know why I'm here.

None of that matters. You’re here to share with other Simmers.
  • Options

Keep simming!

None of that matters. You’re here to share with other Simmers.

I like telling others about my stories, but I try not to make it boring, I tend to talk to friends ( sims friends ) I also find it calming talking about my sims.... I take every information i get seriously... but you guys are so popular I talked in a thread and everyone was ignoring me
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • Options
    Just keep sharing. It’ll be fine. As far as for us go, this one not too bad
  • Options
    Just keep sharing. It’ll be fine. As far as for us go, this one not too bad

I'm doing everything wrong.
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • Options
    :/:/
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited November 2021

Keep simming!

Hey hey there @Ellierosex, welcome to the Sims forums!
    The forum can be a bit overwhelming at first, because there are so many threads, but you’ll get use to it. 😁

The only person who can answer why you’re here is you. Just ask yourself how you’d like to engage with the community? What would you like to do here? What kind of topics are of interest to you?
    • Would you like to share pictures? @cyncie offered some great example discussions that you could join.
    • Would you like to share your sim stories?
    • Would you like to share ideas for upcoming EPs, GPS, SPs, Kits or general basegame updates?
    • Would you like to speculate about new packs or updates?
    • Would you like to share your excitement about packs?
    • Would you like to share your dissatisfaction regarding packs?
    • Would you like to play games on the off-topic (non sims related) forums? Or just talk about what kind of chocolates you like? Or…just talk about the weather…or…whether you’d rather wear your left shoe on your right foot and your right shoe on your left ..hand?

There are so many different, interesting topics on here and I’m sure there are a couple that will tickle your fancy!

One advice I’d like to give is try and avoid starting new threads to get attention or be “liked”. No one here is “better” than you. We’re all simmers who share our wildest simmer dreams and thoughts on here. And hey, believe it or not, some are ex-simmers who still hang around just because…they have fun on the off topic forums or they have absolutely nothing else to do….we respect them too…of course we do.

Just enjoy exploring the many discussions for a while and engage in threads that already exist. You’ll get the hang of it.😉

Main thing is: Don’t worry, be happy, just have fun and all’ll be fine! 👍🏼
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Your job here isn't to be useful, it's to have fun and interact with other Simmers, which you are doing. You don't need to answer questions if you don't know the answers just join in with the conversations you want to.

Honestly, I really love the energy you've brought to the forum. You are so excited about the Sims and the forums and it's really refreshing to see. It's reminded me to take the time to really enjoy my game, so thank you for that.

I made a mistake yesterday by posting about Sims 4 in a Sims 3 thread and had to quickly edit my comment. Guess what, it isn't the first time I've done it and it won't be the last.
  • Options

Keep simming!

Hey hey there @Ellierosex, welcome to the Sims forums!
    The forum can be a bit overwhelming at first, because there are so many threads, but you’ll get use to it. 😁

The only person who can answer why you’re here is you. Just ask yourself how you’d like to engage with the community? What would you like to do here? What kind of topics are of interest to you?
    • Would you like to share pictures? @cyncie offered some great example discussions that you could join.
    • Would you like to share your sim stories?
    • Would you like to share ideas for upcoming EPs, GPS, SPs, Kits or general basegame updates?
    • Would you like to speculate about new packs or updates?
    • Would you like to share your excitement about packs?
    • Would you like to share your dissatisfaction regarding packs?
    • Would you like to play games on the off-topic (non sims related) forums? Or just talk about what kind of chocolates you like? Or…just talk about the weather…or…whether you’d rather wear your left shoe on your right foot and your right shoe on your left ..hand?

There are so many different, interesting topics on here and I’m sure there are a couple that will tickle your fancy!

One advice I’d like to give is try and avoid starting new threads to get attention or be “liked”. No one here is “better” than you. We’re all simmers who share our wildest simmer dreams and thoughts on here. And hey, believe it or not, some are ex-simmers who still hang around just because…they have fun on the off topic forums or they have absolutely nothing else to do….we respect them too…of course we do.

Just enjoy exploring the many discussions for a while and engage in threads that already exist. You’ll get the hang of it.😉

Main thing is: Don’t worry, be happy, just have fun and all’ll be fine! 👍🏼

Thank you... Ill take your advice... sorry :(
    Your job here isn't to be useful, it's to have fun and interact with other Simmers, which you are doing. You don't need to answer questions if you don't know the answers just join in with the conversations you want to.

Honestly, I really love the energy you've brought to the forum. You are so excited about the Sims and the forums and it's really refreshing to see. It's reminded me to take the time to really enjoy my game, so thank you for that.

I made a mistake yesterday by posting about Sims 4 in a Sims 3 thread and had to quickly edit my comment. Guess what, it isn't the first time I've done it and it won't be the last.

thank you
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • Options
    @GirlFromIpanema @CAPTAIN_NXR7 - answering your comments -

I am here because, I love sims! I love meeting new people with the same interests, I tend to post about what's happening in my sims stories as that's personally the most fun part!

List of things I love doing: on the sims

. make new friends for my sims
    . make babies ( lol )
    . love sending them to work
    . building the house
    . weddings
    . Birthdays
    . meets in the parks

I hope this helps you understand why im here.. sorry....

I love how you all have given me Awesome s, Inspirational, and likes, I really appreciate it as it shows I am fitting in, I hope i am doing okay, if you give me any lucky support ill love you all forever. ( i love y'all anyway regardless )
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • Options

No need to apologize! Mine was only a suggestion. 😉
    You’re doing grand. Enjoy!

• Options

just feel little left out compared to others.. i message on threads people reply to others but not me.
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Keep going @Ellierosex ! Your excitement is inspiring! :)
  • Options
    texxx78 wrote: »
    Keep going @Ellierosex ! Your excitement is inspiring! :)

is it really? omg thank you so much.
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • Options
    sophiesmithsimmersophiesmithsimmer Posts: 24 Member
    I'm new too, @Ellierosex! If I see your comments I'll say hi.
  • Options
    Am I allowed to have goals for here? here's my goals -

answer questions
    reach 100 awesomes with my hard work
    tell people their important
    to stop doubting myself as im doing okay!
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • Options

answer questions

It's absolutely fine to have goals but there is no pressure. :smile:
    Just make sure you don't post anything asking users to give you likes/awesomes as that's against the forum rules
    Don't cheat to rank up. Level up your forum account just like you would level up in one of our games, by participating and not by cheating. Any threads posted to boost points or otherwise influence your forum rank directly will be closed.

I'm sure you've already read them but here is a link to the forum rules just incase:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17611928/#Comment_17611928

I like to refresh them in my memory every now and then as I'm quite forgetful haha!

Also, welcome to the forums @sophiesmithsimmer :smile:
  • Options

answer questions

It's absolutely fine to have goals but there is no pressure. :smile:
    Just make sure you don't post anything asking users to give you likes/awesomes as that's against the forum rules
    Don't cheat to rank up. Level up your forum account just like you would level up in one of our games, by participating and not by cheating. Any threads posted to boost points or otherwise influence your forum rank directly will be closed.

I'm sure you've already read them but here is a link to the forum rules just incase:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17611928/#Comment_17611928

I like to refresh them in my memory every now and then as I'm quite forgetful haha!

Also, welcome to the forums @sophiesmithsimmer :smile:

im not here to rank up. sorry if it sounded like that
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • Options

just feel little left out compared to others.. i message on threads people reply to others but not me.

Left out? 😅 I mean, you’ve only been here for 4 days…
    You’ve already got more replies than some folks get in 4 weeks (or months).
    And if it’s “awesomes” you’re looking for, you already got more of those than some folks get in 4 MONTHS (or years).

You gotta chill kid! No need to compare yourself to others. Being active on the sims forum is not a popularity contest. If you want followers you should go on Twitter. This here is just a place to relax and enjoy yourself. Have a bit of banter. Whine about the game. Or life in general. It’s a bit like visiting an old folks home really.
    Wanna play a game of scrabble? Cuppa tae? I ate all the biscuits. Sorry. 😇
  • Options

Left out? 😅 I mean, you’ve only been here for 4 days…
    You’ve already got more replies than some folks get in 4 weeks (or months).
    And if it’s “awesomes” you’re looking for, you already got more of those than some folks get in 4 MONTHS (or years).

You gotta chill kid! No need to compare yourself to others. Being active on the sims forum is not a popularity contest. If you want followers you should go on Twitter. This here is just a place to relax and enjoy yourself. Have a bit of banter. Whine about the game. Or life in general. It’s a bit like visiting an old folks home really.
    Wanna play a game of scrabble? Cuppa tae? I ate all the biscuits. Sorry. 😇

im not lmao. dont tell me to chill
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • Options
    It’s a bit like visiting an old folks home really.
    It's true! I'm never going to be able to think of the forum as anything other than an old folks home now. :lol: When's bingo night?
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Don't worry too much about being thought as annoying. I used to be a bit of a problem with some off-topic threads over 5-6 years ago, eventually you just settle down and fit in a little better. Just chatting about the games and such normally is not a problem at all, and nobody will find a reason to have a problem with that.

Keep simming!

That is definitely not something to be ashamed off, it's one of those. Some people here have been around as far back as the original Sims and when this place was still the Sims 3 forums. It comes with game experience and the right mood.
    It’s a bit like visiting an old folks home really.
    It's true! I'm never going to be able to think of the forum as anything other than an old folks home now. :lol: When's bingo night?

When I opened my post history and seen things dating as far back as 2015, you definitely do feel much older than it feels. I'll be up for bingo once my walking stick gets here. People who've been here since TS2 forums must feel like centurions by now.
    L9q8VGi.png