Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whatever happened to getting fired from work?

Mary-Sue Pleasant got fired from her job in TS2. Wouldn't that be nice to have a question answered wrong on a career path and have it cost you a job?

Comments

• Options
    ArrojacastArrojacast Posts: 24 Member
    Maybe if you got a few wrong in a row, or your work performance was already low, otherwise it might be too punishing.
    Get to Famous adds special pop ups for work than can make you lose your job, but it makes it clear that such is the case.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    The surprising thing is: It's all there, fully programmed, but never happens because the parameters are set so low that it won't. But as you can see from Arrojacast's posts, people might no longer want a challenging game where bad things happen to your Sims if they are in a bad mood or don't work hard enough.

If you are into mods, you could try my harderjob mod which makes it more difficult to succeed at work.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    It's in the game when you pick the chance cards. My sims in the education career have gotten fired for not following the lesson plan and doing their own thing to teach.
  • Options
    CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    It's definitely there. I have had a sim be fired drom the business career for turning in their compant for shady behavior. Also had some opportujites pop up with Get famous pack where you can gain fame from doing something in the chance card, but lose your job in the process.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    There are chance cards, but they just really lower performance for the most part. If performance is lower enough, you can be demoted though.
  • Options
    EllierosexEllierosex Posts: 359 Member
    Mary-Sue Pleasant got fired from her job in TS2. Wouldn't that be nice to have a question answered wrong on a career path and have it cost you a job?

hello, you could of got fired due to low performance, or your sim was tired/hungry and was not focusing maybe? you might of been demoted. not sure or have to many answers, I am new to sims sorry
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Mary-Sue Pleasant gets fired no matter what you choose in that scripted event in TS2. This is by design so she can catch Daniel cheating with the maid.
    But yes, it was much more common to be fired from chance cards in TS2. I knew about the Get Famous chance cards, but I didn’t realize they could get fired if their performance was low enough in TS4. I never have that problem of having low performance. I’d have to go out of my way to do that. Good to know Bienchen came through with another great mod. 👍
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I've had sims fired for not going to work.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    I wish teens could get expelled from school if they never go and never do their homework. All that happens is the principal calling every day with empty threats.

• Options
    my sim almost got fired for being lazy oops at work she brough 123 pounds home thoughh
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    One of my sims I played today got fired working in the pt retail career. Guess I picked the wrong chance card again.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I've had my Sim faced with a decision. One door leads to fame, but he loses the job. The other door things continue on as normal. I've played it both ways.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    the boyfriend out of my sims has just got fired omg haha
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    It would be better though if the Sims 4 chance cards didn't clearly tell you that a choice will get you fired. The choices are clear enough. Obviously getting in a punch up with the opposing team's mascot will get you fired.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs