Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there ever Tea at "Tea & Poetry" event? (U. Brite. commons)

Just wondering.
I like the poetry event :) but never have seen any tea.

Comments

• Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Not that I have seen either, I thought maybe it would be a drink choice at the cafeteria item but nope. I added a tea pot to mine, but my Sim seems to be the only one that uses it. :|
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    @Kita5399 at least you had the good idea to add a tea pot :) I may do the same

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2021
    Sad. No depth. There should have been tea. Sigh.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Does this event happen a certain day and time there? And do you have to be a student to participate in it?
  • Options
    @Cinebar I know, we ask for so much...
    @SheriSim57 It happens when you're already at the commons. There's a notification sometimes, like the "Ghost Night" etc. that happen at bars sometimes. I don't know if you have to be a student to participate and I haven't noticed if it's a particular day and time unfortunately.
  • Options
    randy2355randy2355 Posts: 157 Member
    edited September 2021
    That is sad...No tea at a poetry meeting....they should have thought that through.

Edit: I read my post after posting it...it sounded like I was mocking your concerns OP...I was not...I really do think that's sad.
  • Options
    Yes it is sad, and I did not feel mocked @randy2355 :)
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    @mightysprite thank you for your response!
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    In my game sims are already arriving with the tea in hands. I read it as “if you want a tea, get it yourself from the stalls outside” lol. But yeah, I was expecting teapot to spawn for the event.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    There's a tea serving role in the code. This sim should place mugs with black tea on a free medium deco slot. There's a cooldown in between one serving an the next one. I have never attended the event myself, though, so I don't know whether it works as it is programmed.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    @Olalla1986 Oh food stalls! Never thought of that
    @83bienchen thanks for looking at the code! I have never seen that role. Maybe the students leave books on the surfaces and there's no room for the tea? I'll try clearing off surfaces next time and seeing if that changes anything.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    There's a tea serving role in the code. This sim should place mugs with black tea on a free medium deco slot. There's a cooldown in between one serving an the next one. I have never attended the event myself, though, so I don't know whether it works as it is programmed.

Good to know, maybe Maxis should tune it better.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited September 2021
    I don't know if you have to be a student to participate and I haven't noticed if it's a particular day and time unfortunately.

Your Sim doesn’t have to be a student. I’ve had other Sims hanging out there who experienced the event.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Thanks @Rouensims !
    Was there tea? :)
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Thanks @Rouensims !
    Was there tea? :)

Lol, nope. But lots o' poetry.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »

It would be a nice touch to see that ingame.
  • Options
    randy2355randy2355 Posts: 157 Member
    I think this thread is in the wrong section...It should be in the "Feedback" section of the forums, and EA tagged somehow for ideas for a "refresh" for DU.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    A British type of activity at a British looking college and no tea even though it's specifically mentioned? For shame, EA! Your list of foul-ups, oversights, shortcomings, and missed opportunities is beginning to rival the federal debt.