Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I somehow managed to have my sim marry two sims, lol.

Confession68Confession68 Posts: 49 Member
So, my sim is married, and yes I do have mods, but I'm unsure this was the cause. I know the Sims Team adds things to the game, and sometimes, I don't notice until I'm playing. Anyway, so my sim has multiple boyfriends and girlfriends (he and his partners are polyamorous, thanks to a specific mod, lol), but is married as I mentioned.

A prompt came up between one of his bfs to one of his children, saying he "found a ring in my sim's backpack" or something like that, and asked my sim's child what he should do? For funzies, I selected "Say yes, of course!" or something like that, thinking nothing of it, lol. Next thing I know, my sim is married and now ENGAGED! I did a double take, but then just laughed, because I know that's not possible! XD Well, to see what would happen, I had my sim visit this other sim... and the option to elope was there!

So, yeah... my sim is now married to two different sims, lol! They all live together now with his 3 his children, all from different "mothers". xD I say "mothers", because one of those sims is a male, and the one he's married to, lol! So, that's been my weird experience. Has anyone else managed this? XD

Comments

• Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    I've had the same notification pop up (one of my sims is a "reformed player" and I play rotationally, FWIW)...a friend-of-a-friend asked my active sim if she should accept the proposal of the sim in question. I didn't want to break anything so I had them say no. Always wondered what would've happened had I set it to "yes"...and now you've answered the question without me having to mess up my simworld!

So thanks for that!
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    StartUpGeniusStartUpGenius Posts: 135 Member
    Is it possible to marry again after getting widowed and then after the deceased spouse gets revived, the widow now has two spouses?
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @StartUpGenius No. If your spouse dies and gets revived you have to marry them again.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    @DoloresGrey Ok I guess it's not possible without glitches like this

@Confession68 What pack is needed for this to happen?
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

I think it’s a mod. You can do it with MC Command Center’s companion mod or with another mod that is unmentionable in the forum.
  • Options

I think it’s a mod. You can do it with MC Command Center’s companion mod or with another mod that is unmentionable in the forum.

I see. I hope it will be made possible without mods.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member

It happened to me once a while back. It was a result of me fiddling around with MCCC settings. It did make things quite interesting there for a bit, in my case my whole town had more than the one allowed spouse.
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    Anyway, so my sim has multiple boyfriends and girlfriends (he and his partners are polyamorous, thanks to a specific mod, lol), but is married as I mentioned.

If that is the same mod I use, then that there is how and why your sim married more than 1 person.

I've never had it happen autonomously though.

What I have had happen is something, I think MCCC but am not sure, often marries my sims that are in same-sex couplings off to someone of the other sex, breaking up their existing marriage - even though I've used that mod that allows polyamorous to also set their preferences as specifically same-sex.
    - This is a semi-regular issue for me.

Also, when I do have a 'multiple partners marriage', the partner's after the first are not ID'd as married in some parts of the game (like if I look in CAS), so my marriage autonomy settings will often have those people go marry someone else and move them out. So usually when I set up a 'polyamorous' household, if my aim is to keep it, I use MCCC to flag everyone to stay together.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

It happened to me once a while back. It was a result of me fiddling around with MCCC settings. It did make things quite interesting there for a bit, in my case my whole town had more than the one allowed spouse.

But MCCC is a mod right?
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

But MCCC is a mod right?

Yes it is.