Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mods to Improve Get Famous?

Hi hi! Does anyone know of any good mods that help out Get Famous? Or help it integrate better with other packs? It annoys me to no end that the University ACTING degree doesn't actually teach acting classes, or that being asked to sing during an scene doesn't use the singing skill. I really like playing with the pack, but it feels like it needs a little extra oomph, you know? Anybody using any good mods for this?
Let's be friends! My Origin name is musikitty :p

Comments

• Options
    Fuchsia_RainbowFuchsia_Rainbow Posts: 14 New Member
    Bienchens Mods does some mods specifically for Get Famous, and Zero also has some, but I think they mostly focus on fixing some of the annoying features of the pack, like celebrities causing havoc everywhere they go. I agree it would be great to get better integration with other packs.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I hear good things of Road To Fame by Sacrificial, and Showtime by...someone? @GalacticGal uses them to make her singer sim an actual singer.
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    Like mentioned above, Bienchen and Zero have some great small mods that can help with some annoyances from Get Famous.

Showtime Mod is by KawaiiStacie, and I use this mod with my singer. It allows me to book active performances at venues or travel into rabbitholes to perform for fame and money. It does give you the option to perform and earn fame/money as a dancer, comedian, and DJ as well.

Another mod I love for my celebrity sims is called Celebrity System by KiaraSims4. It adds a rumor system for celebrities and their actions can now cause them to become disgraced, respected or put them in the spotlight. For example, if you woohoo in public, you'll have a chance of getting publicly disgraced, and you'll have the ability to sue the paparazzi if you think they crossed a line.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Like mentioned above, Bienchen and Zero have some great small mods that can help with some annoyances from Get Famous.

Showtime Mod is by KawaiiStacie, and I use this mod with my singer. It allows me to book active performances at venues or travel into rabbitholes to perform for fame and money. It does give you the option to perform and earn fame/money as a dancer, comedian, and DJ as well.

Another mod I love for my celebrity sims is called Celebrity System by KiaraSims4. It adds a rumor system for celebrities and their actions can now cause them to become disgraced, respected or put them in the spotlight. For example, if you woohoo in public, you'll have a chance of getting publicly disgraced, and you'll have the ability to sue the paparazzi if you think they crossed a line.

Oh, dear … LOL I'm sure had I been playing with that mod when I was first blogging about Erik, that he would have been run through the mill. He went through girlfriends (at least three) before he finally married. Loved too quickly without getting to know the Sim, first, was his biggest downfall. He had problems in Sims3, also. He divorced his wife after she kept leaving their newborn son out on the front lawn, at nigh, in the rain. They fought about it the first time he came home from a concert to find that babe soaking wet and wailing hard. Guess they never got over the spat. Once he chastised her again, for doing the same dern thing, the option to divorce suddenly was in his interaction menu. I only had to think about it ever so briefly. She was doing this action autonomously. (Anyone ever read the Greek Mythology about Media & Jason of the Argonauts?) At any rate, I had him divorce her basically on the spot. Went into Edit Town and put her into an apartment, before she could grab the baby. The press was harsh, too. But he sued for Slander. And guess what? He WON. All on the basis that if he was so bad, why did the Court give him custody?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/