Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why don't we have create a world ?

Its been seven years why don't we have the ability to add or create our own worlds.

Comments

• Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    They can get by without adding it so they wont
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member

It's a shame though.I am tired we're at the mercy of sims devs for worlds.It dosen't even have to be that complicated they can have presets and some presets base on expansion.Ask you how many lots you want.Than there you have a world.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

It's a shame though.I am tired we're at the mercy of sims devs for worlds.It dosen't even have to be that complicated they can have presets and some presets base on expansion.Ask you how many lots you want.Than there you have a world.

Yes that is how I feel, the neighborhoods are behind an paywall now so no neighborhood tools for end users and for me there goes challenge everything.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2021
    The same reasons we don't have cars. If they wanted to do either they would have done it by now. TS4 is doing great money wise so why bother when they can do the projects they want to do and not be any broker than if they didn't. Some believe toddlers were always planned and in the works from the beginning, I don't believe that. At the time TS4 was struggling to make a buck of profit so they really had to look hard at why people were not buying the game or had gotten the base but not buying expansions. They don't have to do that now, because people buy everything they throw out here, regardless if it has a long list of problems and bugs and or if it's slim on content. EA/Maxis knows they don't have to do a world editor, a world builder nor cars or any thing else people have wanted forever.

ETA: After seven years I wish Lyndsay or a General Manager of Maxis or someone would answer in great detail if this is possible or not. I think an average builder would struggle with a world builder and may have a high learning curve since TS4 has fake backdrops that almost look like models (lots) rather than distant terrain etc. (TS3). I wish they would have a long discussion with players why they won't or can't add at least a world editor which all their games had before. I know all the yada, yada about breaking saves however, it would be helpful if they would just come out and say why a world builder is impossible or why it wouldn't be cost effective for them to do. Just plain talk, simple and direct. TS4 is the least user friendly creative game ever.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I'm pretty sure it is because of the strange format of The Sims 4's worlds. I've always wondered how that would be achieved. Yes, there is a modder-created version of it coming out, we'll see how that goes.
    OO2UdmJ.png