Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kits Ranked

KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
I have all the kits, and bought them all on their respective release dates. Here's my totally not scientific and completely biased rankings.

1. Courtyard Oasis. This gives so much and feels like the size of the early stuff packs. Walls, windows, doors, stairs, fences, railings, furniture, decor, lighting, and it all fits a niche that we needed. Amazing. Lots of nice colors from neutrals to brights.

2. Fashion Street. Yup. With the accessories, the tattoos, the colors, and the masculine attire it is well rounded. And the pants! I didn't know how much I needed poofy pants before now.

3. Country Kitchen. This has lots of stuff, but if you have Cottage Living what it offers might not be unique enough. That said, the wall texture is great. I love the sink. And the clutter items are perfect.

4. Throwback Fit. Yes, ok maybe because I'm old and I was a teen in the 90s this one resonated with me. I love bright colors. I use the one piece outfits a ton. I love the sneakers for all my sims. The crop tops with jackets don't get much use and neither does the bucket hat though.

5. Incheon Arrivals. Ok, this stuff is well made, and looks good for a preppy, career oriented person. Need to flush out the Salaryperson's wardrobe and make them look like they slept at work? Done. But it's all really baggy, and all really muted and beige. Love the slacks, but the half tucked in shirts are not my thing.

6. Industrial Loft. This idea felt... underwhelming. Yeah, steampunk stuff is cool. Yes, I have made a few industrial builds. But so much of this kit is similar enough to what we have already, and this kit really relies on pieces from Get to Work and Eco Living to really pop.

7. Bust the Dust. Why couldn't brooms and dust pans been included? Why do I need to have garbage bins on all floors of my house because my Sim can't carry dust down a ladder? I'm glad they fixed the random vacuuming all the time issue, but I still play with dust bunnies off unless I'm trying to make things dirty. Do not recommend.

Comments

• Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited October 2021
    1. Courtyard Oasis 2. Fashion Street 3. Throwback fit 4. Incheon Arrivals 5. Industrial Loft 6. Country Kitchen 7. Bust the Dust

I would like worlds to complement some of these kits.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited October 2021
    I have 5, but am also away and for sure getting Fashion Street later.

1 - Bust the Dust (Unfortunately a chore grind, but currently the only gameplay kit and I use it constantly. Plus I like the dust bunnies and find the floor sparkles perfectly acceptable.)

2 - Country Kitchen (Now a similar kitchen theme is in an EP, but the kit was first and I really wanted to build with it. Inspired an entire farmhouse. 100% preference bias. The fridge in it is my actual home fridge, just a normal color.)

3 - Fashion Street (I love color and love so many individual pieces of this one. One outfit in particular is stunning, and it is a CAS kit that is actually more than just clothes.)

4 - Courtyard Oasis (I was not exactly thrilled with this announcement, but it is a nice one. Not something I use all the time or had to build with that second, but it is definitely aesthetically pleasing.)

5 - Industrial Loft Kit (I recognized where I could use it pretty quickly, but not exactly my theme. Plus the whole advertising/window debacle was just offputting and the furniture specs are wonky. The plants are really cute, though. I always like new plants.)

6 - Incheon Arrivals (Pretty torn from prerelease info. Hate the standard muted colors, but the style is similar to some stuff I wear. I could see how it would be useful. Will come down to the color variants/swatches.)

7 - Throwback Fit Kit (CAS exemplar kit was all clothes instead of showing off the variety of what could be in a CAS kit. Plus just not really my theme,
    all things said and done.)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    1. Incheon Arrivals
    2. Industrial Loft
    3. Throwback Fit
    4. Country Kitchen
    5. BTD
    6. Fashion Street
    7. Courtyard Oasis
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    1. Dust the bust
    I thought I'd enjoy laundry, but hardly find me using the system. Dust, to the contrary, has become a must-have in every save and I actually missed dusting when I played the Oregon trail challenge (where sims live in wagons).

Would buy if I had a more generous budget:
    2. Throwback fit
    3. Fashion street
    4. Courtyard Oasis
    5. Country kitchen
    6. Industrial Loft
    I'd love to rank Industrial Loft higher, but the title says it already, this is for refurbished factories made into apartments. What I really want is additional content for actual factories with more worker clothes including safety helmets, gloves and goggles and deco that matches the GTW objects. That would be an instant purchase.

Not interested:
    7. Incheon arrivals
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    edited October 2021
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    1. Courtyard Oasis 2. Fashion Street 3. Throwback fit 4. Incheon Arrivals 5. Industrial Loft 6. Country Kitchen 7. Bust the Dust

I would like worlds to complement some of these kits.

Yes! I think I can use City Living to help with Fashion Street, but there's a major lack of anything like Incheon Airport in the game. Whereas they added Moroccan clothes to basegame after Courtyard Oasis, I hope they add some Korean build/buy.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    1. Bust the Dust
    2. Throwback Fit
    3. Industrial Loft
    4. Country kitchen
    5. Courtyard Oasis
    6. Incheon Arrivals
    7. Fashion Street

Unpopular opinion but I like extra chores for my sims even if I have tuning mods for those chores. Having extra athletic outfits is nice. I like all of the building stuff equally because I can find uses for all of it. The new CAS kits I don't own yet but I can see them fitting in perfectly with certain packs/sims.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    1. Fashion Street - I love everything in this kit. The colors are amazing and I love the style.
    2. Industrial Loft - I guess I just have a thing for the converted warehouse look.
    3. Country kitchen - I really like the style of this one, and it works well with Cottage Living.
    4. Bust the Dust - Admittedly I have several mods to fix this one, but I do enjoy the extra challenge of dirty floors in certain saves.
    5. Courtyard Oasis - This one is beautiful but it could really use a world to go with it.
    6. Throwback Fit - Haven't bought, but I may if kits ever go on sale. More active wear is always nice.
    7. Incheon Arrivals - Haven't bought. The style and colors do nothing for me.

• Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    1. Bust the Dust - I use this in every household. I also wish it came with a broom and dustpan.
    2. Country Kitchen
    3. Courtyard Oasis

I don't own the other four.
    I will eventually get Industrial loft and Incheon arrival but I have no plans to get the other two.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    there's a major lack of anything like Incheon Airport in the game.

wow that airport is amazing

(pictures and description in english)
    https://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/ATR/SI_EN_3_6.jsp?cid=2479264
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I'm not really a fan of kits, but I don't hate them. They're pretty low-priced, and a few of them seem worth it (some do not, in my view). But I have too many other pastimes along with this game to be able to afford every little thing for all of my games and hobbies. And no, I don't buy $5 cups of coffee, either. My own brew tastes better and it's far cheaper, too. :smiley:
    1. Courtyard Oasis: I was already using CC to achieve a similar aesthetic on a pretty regular basis, and I got this one to add to my choices. The quality of the items in this one is impressive, and I'm quite fond of the colors offered. I do wish there had been a few more neutral swatches, especially more white, gray, and black tile patterns.
    2. Fashion Street: Don't have, probably will get someday.
    3. Incheon Arrivals: Don't have, might get someday.
    4. Industrial Loft: Don't have, might get someday.
    5. Country kitchen: Don't have, unlikely to buy. Just not very fond of the "county" aesthetic.
    6. Throwback Fit: Don't have, never will. Didn't like that style when it was new, and that hasn't changed.
    7. Bust the Dust: Don't have, never will. I can't even imagine paying for activities that I hate in real life in order to do them in a game.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    There's 7 now

Holy Mary Mother of God it feels like they were just ANNOUNCED as a THING entirely yesterday.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I don't have any of the kits yet; but Bust the Dust, Incheon Arrivals and Fashion Street are the only ones I am interested in getting. I am not really a builder and unless something really stands out for a build or something, I probably won't buy some of the others or at least not as my first priority (there are other packs I still want to get first).
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    1. Courtyard Oasis <3<3<3<3<3
    2. Fashion Street <3<3<3<3
    3. Country Kitchen <3<3<3
    4. Incheon Arrivals <3<3
    5. Throwback Fit :)
    6. Industrial Loft :|
  • Options
    SilverRavenWolfySilverRavenWolfy Posts: 23 Member
    So I am very biased due to the fact I do mostly build, and only do CAS on the rare occasion I need to make a sim for a new save file, not to mention I don't own all of them (yet), but here's my opinion:

1) courtyard Oasis (owned): Its different from any of the other stuff, in my experience (though there's a caveat to this: I have very few packs, so there may well be stuff in other packs I do not know about, though I do not recall seeing it when perusing through the build/buy items in each pack for my buy order lists)

2) Industrial Loft (not owned): yes, I know it has a lot of stuff similar to other larger packs, however, I own none of those packs, and I love the piping. coffee table, and wall decals. the lights are meh, but those other three things I would gladly get it for.

3) country kitchen (owned): I was gifted this one. at the time I did not have cottage living, so the kitchen stuff was great. I still love it and frequently use the cabinets, but as has already been stated, the appliances and other things are very similar in style.

4) Bust the Dust (owned): I got this almost purely because the dust bunnies were so adorable. however, the adorableness quickly wore off and I found it a bit boring and tedious.

5-7) incheon arrivals/fashion street/throwback: Not a CAS simmer, so I don't own these, and will likely not get them on my own until I have everything else, which, if sims 5 comes out before I get the rest of the packs, likely won't happen. Its not that I don't like them, I actually like some of the stuff in the two new ones, however, I use CAS so little, that the just don't add that much value for me.

To be honest, the last four are probably all equal in meh-ness for me. the little bit of gameplay that BtD adds just doesn't hold up for long, even with the adorable dust bunnies (can we please add those as minor pets, like we had in sims three with snakes, birds, rodents, lizards, etc? and preferably without having to let the house get filth?).
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2021
    For me it’s…

1, Bust the Dust.
    2, Incheon Arrivals.
    3, Throwback Fit.
    4, Industrial Loft.
    5, Fashion Street.
    6, Country Kitchen.
    7, Courtyard Oasis.
    Post edited by Sharonia on
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    1. Bust the Dust
    2. Industrial Loft
    3. Country Kitchen
    4. Fashion Street
    5. Courtyard Oasis
    5. Incheon Arrivals
    6. Throwback Fit
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited October 2021
    1. Country Kitchen
    2. Industrial Loft
    3. Courtyard Oasis
    4. Incheon Arrivals
    5. Fashion Street
    6. Throwback Fit
    7. Bust The Dust
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    1. Bust the Dust
    2. Everything else
    😄
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    1. Fashion Street--all the items and colors are so beautiful and can be used in different ways!
    2. Country Kitchen--100% my aesthetic and it pairs well with the latest expansion
    3. Bust the Dust--I do find cleaning to be fun at times and I have a little dust bunny play pen.
    4. Courtyard Oasis--beautiful set of items and can be used in a variety of settings
    5. Throwback Fit--I enjoy the bright colors and 90's theme
    6. Incheon Arrivals--the clothing materials and styles are pretty, colors are a bit too muted for me.
    7. Industrial Loft--items are obviously very specific, which isn't my typical playstyle.

"Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    The order of ranking is approximate, not exact.

1. & 2. Country Kitchen and Courtyard Oasis - I use Country Kitchen a lot. Courtyard Oasis is beautiful and also mashes up well.
    3. & 4. Incheon Arrivals and Fashion Street - Just got these so still getting used to them, both welcome. They update fashions for certain characters and expand play for some cultures. For me, they just extend some of what is already in the game but I like the added options.
    5. Industrial Loft - I Just got this and am still learning about it but I'm a fan and see where I would use it. Hipster kit.
    6. Throwback Fit - Haven't gotten this yet. I like the retro tennis dresses but a lot of it isn't my style. Maybe down the road I'll do it such as if they put kits on sale but I'm not in a rush. It didn't jump at me.
    7. Bust the Dust - I'd want a way to regulate which households have this gameplay. There are some where it would add to the game but I think I'd find it annoying if I couldn't switch it off. Some of my households may be themed so that this wouldn't work.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    HazellyHazelly Posts: 38 Member
    1. Bust the dust
    2. Industrial Loft Kit
    3. Courtyard Oasis
    4. Throwback fit
    5. Incheon Arrivals
    6. Country Kitchen
    7. Fashion street
  • Options
    bionicdessertsbionicdesserts Posts: 320 Member
    1. Incheon Arrival - 10/10 The prettiest of the pretty and I Iove it.
    2. Throwback Fit - 10/10 Use it all the time.
    3. Bust the Dust - modded it's a 8/10. They need to add a broom for houses where you don't want to use a vacuum.
    4. Fashion Street - 7/10 Not a must have like Incheon and Throwback but cute enough so I figured why not. I like that for once the men's fashion is more interesting than the woman's.
    5. Industrial Loft - People kept posting pics of rooms they'd made with it and I'd be like "oh, this is cute" so when I bought Incheon and Fashion Street I threw that on in there too but I haven't had a chance to use it yet. If I turn out to really like it I'll put it ahead of fashion street but that's as high as it can go.

Nothing about Courtyard Oasis or Country Kitchen grabbed my attention so I don't own either.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    1. Country kitchen
    2. Industrial loft
    3. Fashion street kit
    4. Throwback fit kit
    5. Incheon arrivals
    6. Courtyard oasis ( beautiful stuff, but haven’t really used it ).
    7. Bust the Dust ( I have effects turned off, was hoping you would only have to vacuum if you owned the vacuum ).
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    1. Incheon arrivals
    2. Fashion street kit
    3. Industrial loft
    4. Bust the dust
    5. Throwback fit kit
    6. Courtyard oasis
    7. Country kitchen
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I'm not a builder and hoovering isn't something I'm super interested, but looking at what the three CAS kits I like the bright colors and overall design of Fashion Street more than the other two, and while I like the clothes in Incheon Arrivals I don't really like the muted color schemes (maybe good for sims that only wear black and white?), so I'd probably put Fashion Street at the top, Incheon Arrivals at the bottom, and Fit Kit in the middle (again, out of a ranking of three - but again, not so much interested in any of the building materials or the one gameplay kit, because I don't see how vacuuming would enhance anything but my own frustration; I know other people like having real life chores to have their sims do so there's that as well).
    I don't remember how to change my signature.