Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Doggone it, about to start over again... I might have a problem...

BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
So... I just finished renovating the Old Salt House and have maxed out my two Sims' careers...
And now I am bored. Again.
Because there is nothing left to do. Again. I have a weekly bill of about 2500, and my Sims together makes about 11500 per day five days a week. And I have literally nothing to spend it on, my Sims have everything they need, the house is perfect... They also each have above 18000 reward points (I wish you could disable the reward system altogether, I have learned a long time ago that buying traits from the store makes the game mind-numbingly boring with Sims who don't have to eat, sleep, shower or poop, earn a trillion dollars a day and are immune to getting fired...

Also, I love the Spice District, San Myshuno is one of my favorite worlds. But the districts are still suffering from Base Game tinyness. As someone who takes his Sims out for jogs and bike rides a lot running in circles around the square is... yeah.

I am thinking of starting over again and deliberately NOT get a job that fits my Sims degrees, or just do odd jobs or part time jobs and never get real jobs.

Also, I am finding again I am having really fight myself to not just move my Sims to Sulani, like literally all my last 15 or so Sims have lived in because it is simply the best world. Period. Again, especially if you like to make Sims who love the outdoors and sports. Freezing to death from Jogging in Snow is getting annoying.

Trying to really think things thru this time. Where to start, how to live, what to do... try to make it more fun longer.
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Comments

• Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Have you considered playing rotationally/with multiple households? When my sims get "too good" to pose much of a gameplay challenge, I'll find another story somewhere in the world to focus on, or I'll take my maxed-out sims and have them start families—one nice thing about overpowered sims is they make excellent parents since they can mentor their kids and don't have to focus too much (or at all) on their own needs. Of course that may bring its own set of problems if the kids get overpowered while they're growing up, but I rarely tire of finding new things for my sims to do and experience. And having a simworld come together over...well, on this computer/this save it's been a year and 8 months and probably 800 hours of gameplay...well, that's just satisfying in its own right.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Maybe they could spend it on vacationing... But this shows something that this game is lacking: venues and events to spend money on. Like imagine if we had fairs, amusement parks, zoos, concerts, and shows that have ticket prices and such. Would be great if sims could own these type of lots and set prices themselves so we can make some expensive.

But right now I guess the best thing to do is go on vacations, hire different services, go to the spa, etc.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    Have you considered playing rotationally/with multiple households? When my sims get "too good" to pose much of a gameplay challenge, I'll find another story somewhere in the world to focus on, or I'll take my maxed-out sims and have them start families—one nice thing about overpowered sims is they make excellent parents since they can mentor their kids and don't have to focus too much (or at all) on their own needs. Of course that may bring its own set of problems if the kids get overpowered while they're growing up, but I rarely tire of finding new things for my sims to do and experience. And having a simworld come together over...well, on this computer/this save it's been a year and 8 months and probably 800 hours of gameplay...well, that's just satisfying in its own right.

My big problem is the combination of being too much in love with my Sims to allowing them to die, and well... this.
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Have them invest in retail lots, build vacation homes in each world.
  • Options
    Have them invest in retail lots, build vacation homes in each world.

I could do that...
    Speaking of worlds; another reason I love Sulani (except for the fact that if I was promised a greencard and a one way flight to Hawaii IRL if I just carved my arm off I would do it) is the swimming. Since Swimming has not been implemented in the old worlds and it really is a second hand feature in the other worlds... I would love if the Island in Windenburg had swimmable beaches for example, but as it is only Sulani truly delivers.

in Briteshester the swimmable canals are very small, and you also have to travel to get to them. In Snowy Escape the lake is a bit bigger but I really didn't enjoy the world. At all. I thought I did but it grew very stale (and annoying with all the bugs) very quickly.

I have not tried "England" yet. At all. Mostly because IRL rural England is as interesting to me as a an empty cardboard box. No offense intended, but it is nice looking at at House Renovating shows on the telly, but I would never want to live there. Besides, British cottages look all wrong, being made of stone instead of wood like proper cottages (what, me Swedish? ;) ).
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    edited October 2021
    Just cheat away the money and go from there. Give them different careers and start over from the bottom. Invest in and run a shop on only store profits. Give them new aspirations. Have them learn to prepare all the recipes, including the experimental ones. Have them manage a restaurant and get it to a 5 star rating. Add a couple of pets to the family. Enroll them in Uni.

Check out Carl's Guide for other features you may have forgotten.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    This is why I am currently playing 60 households rotationally, I couldn't play only one all the time because boredom would set in. My households have a range of careers, stories, and household dynamics. Some are families, some are share households with a bunch of singletons, some have roommates. Some are trying to be self-sufficient, others like take-out and restaurants. Party households, collector households, adventurous households. But I do also use a heck-ton of mods to keep it exciting with drama and set-backs etc.

It is possible to still become attached to your sims even when playing this many. I play on long so there is plenty of time to get to know them all. :smiley:
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I raised my sims bills by 50% with MCCC and it still isn't a struggle. Sims get paid way to much when a few promotions in their career and there is very little to spend it on.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I raised my sims bills by 50% with MCCC and it still isn't a struggle. Sims get paid way to much when a few promotions in their career and there is very little to spend it on.

The game desperately needs a good money dump. It would be nice if there were magic shops where your regular non-occult sims could buy things like Potion of Rejuvenation for like 50,000 - 100,000 simoleons. It would also be a nice canon way to keep sims alive longer aside from the potion of youth.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Do your Sims have offspring? Pick one offspring, have him/her disowned by the family (use cheats or MCCC to give negative relationships with the rest of the family, or maybe have one sibling still like them), then move them into a cheap San Myshuno apartment and make life as miserable as possible for them. If they're still a teen, make it where they have to make money while still trying to do well in school, like doing odd jobs after school and on weekends or scrounging for collectibles to sell. If they need to use a computer, they have to visit the library rather than having one of their own, ditto with reading skill books. If you want them to get into painting, museum or arts center to use easels there. Send them to the bar to watch TV or listen to music. Make the apartment only a place to eat, sleep and do their homework so you have to schedule time for them to go out and do other stuff.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Arzekial wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »

The game desperately needs a good money dump. It would be nice if there were magic shops where your regular non-occult sims could buy things like Potion of Rejuvenation for like 50,000 - 100,000 simoleons. It would also be a nice canon way to keep sims alive longer aside from the potion of youth.

They have removed all challenges (except the murphy beds ;) ) from the game compared to any older version of the game. Sims 1 was a survival horror game almost where the result if you forgot to pause when going to the bathroom probably was your whole household dead. 2 and 3 were not as harsh but still way tougher than 4.

I know the devs have argued that according to pre-release data / surveys / whatever they found that the vast majority played with aging off AND with endless money cheats. So they made Sims 4 cater to those who want a non-challenge sandbox.
    I mean you can still see it on the gallery, where the majority of homes tagged "starter" is above 20 000 in price since the builders just assume you are going to freerealestate on your way in there.

And with every expansion making money is easier and easier. The random phonecalls they have added that randomly gives you 1000nds of Simolions per week for example. Why not just make the whole Build / Buy mode completely free at this point?? Money is literally pointless in the game after you graduate Uni.

As for increasing your bills... I remember when Seasons came out and everyone on here was like "I can't play! The thermostat bills are too high!" and I barely noticed an increase worth mentioning because I hadn't cheated my way into a house twice of what my Sim was meant to afford and so still had a bill that only took about 2 days out of 5 salary to pay off and I was "finally, some actual costs".

(Also, again, that reward store... I would have the game adjust the points you get according to lifespan length. If you pay with aging off I would have the game divide the points by 100 even. Like you get 100 points for a successful holiday, right? If you played with aging off you would get 1 (one) point but the prices in the store would be the same...)
    Post edited by Beardedgeek on
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Sounds like you need a challenge. Have you tried Not So Berry? That forces you to have play by specific rules. Unfortunately you need to play with aging turned on but besides that it’s a lot of fun. I’m actually about to start Not So Berry Extended.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I agree you may need a challenge. I'm like that myself... i need some bigger goals and some restrictions.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Because there is nothing left to do. Again. I have a weekly bill of about 2500, and my Sims together makes about 11500 per day five days a week. And I have literally nothing to spend it on, my Sims have everything they need, the house is perfect...

You need to give them a bigger house to increase your bills if that is what you want. 2500 on bills is very little, my unemployed sims with average house pay at least double that. There is also the option to donate money, expensive vacations, retail endeavours, hire staff often for house parties, etc. There is swimmable water in Mt. Komorebi too.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Because there is nothing left to do. Again. I have a weekly bill of about 2500, and my Sims together makes about 11500 per day five days a week. And I have literally nothing to spend it on, my Sims have everything they need, the house is perfect...

You need to give them a bigger house to increase your bills if that is what you want. 2500 on bills is very little, my unemployed sims with average house pay at least double that. There is also the option to donate money, expensive vacations, retail endeavours, hire staff often for house parties, etc. There is swimmable water in Mt. Komorebi too.

But that's the point. I don't need a bigger house, I got everything they'll ever need (and i hate playing in really big houses anyway, in fact I really prefer tiny homes, much more enjoyable to play in). 2500 is probably because one of the things I HAVE spent my money on is solar panels etc. Which means I now sell a ton of energy back to the city.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

But that's the point. I don't need a bigger house, I got everything they'll ever need (and i hate playing in really big houses anyway, in fact I really prefer tiny homes, much more enjoyable to play in). 2500 is probably because one of the things I HAVE spent my money on is solar panels etc. Which means I now sell a ton of energy back to the city.

I am afraid that with this mindset, your sims will remain rich regardless of whatever else expenses are added to the game. If you don't spend it's easy for money to accumulate, which isn't really a bad thing. Put it in a vault and take early retirement. 🙂
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    Yeah, this isn't really a "try not to die" game, but if you like that style of play there's nothing wrong with starting new rags to riches games whenever you feel like it, or setting other challenges to make survival harder. Maybe start in winter and have the simple living lot challenge to make food a challenge. Or off the grid, that's a good one.
    Here's a list of challenges that sound interesting- and there are lots more out there
    https://www.thegamer.com/sims-4-challenges-hardest-easiest/
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    A comment on house price -- one of the reasons "starter" houses end up higher than 20K Simoleons is that when people build houses they don't take the value of the lot into account, so a house that might only have been 18K when built ends up over 20K if you put it on a 30x20 or even more if you put it on a 40x30. 🤔
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I use very few of the aspiration Traits, myself. I do like Frugal, though. You may wish to look into some mods to help randomize your game a bit more. So that you're not simply playing a daily grind.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited October 2021
    Do you have more than one save? I have challenge saves and open play saves so that when I get bored to tears with one I can open another. I agree it’s too easy to become super rich I use UI Cheats Extension to often take money away according to my storyline. I have divorces where a spouse will take a huge chunk of the family cash and the remaining spouse must fend for themselves, or in the business career if an investment goes bad I will take way more away than the game does, sometimes all of it. Leaving the family to start over from scratch. I hate that every bit of struggle and drama in this game has to be forced, but it is what it is. I have found the simple living lot trait does make it harder to accumulate wealth too quickly especially for larger families because the more people you have to feed the more you have to spend on groceries. Even my single sims, once I put them into a home I will often take their remaining money down to like $50-$100 then add the simple living lot challenge to stem the quick accumulation of cash. I also try as they move up the economic scale to have them buy more expensive items to make the bills go up. I have them donate to charity and give cash gifts to the homeless sims. Another thing I do too is if another sim moves in I don’t let them keep the full $20,000 they bring if single. I generally take all or most of it away. One last thing - I have a save I play straight vanilla. I turn off all mods and restart my game before I play it. With multiple packs installed this game is a bit of a challenge without mods, especially if you’re used to relying on them. I still employ the money tricks above to reduce funds on occasion I just do it via cheats instead of using mods.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Just cheat away the money and go from there. Give them different careers and start over from the bottom. Invest in and run a shop on only store profits. Give them new aspirations. Have them learn to prepare all the recipes, including the experimental ones. Have them manage a restaurant and get it to a 5 star rating. Add a couple of pets to the family. Enroll them in Uni.

Check out Carl's Guide for other features you may have forgotten.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/

You could make the story be something like, they made a really bad investment and went bankrupt. Or they can buy a fixer-upper house. Like from the movie "The Money Pit."

Maybe they adopt a bunch of pets or kids?
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel