Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is one Motherlode (50000 simoleons) much money for your sims?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    A fortune!
    My Sims have relatively low amounts of money. I don't grind jobs and skills as much as one can.
  • Options
    LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    A fortune!
    My average household never has more than 60k at most, and that’s the well-off families.

My last version of the Lehman’s had a cool 220k but I lost them after my laptop died and I lost everything. I do love that grind of starting a sim with nothing and moving them up though, it’s more of a challenge and I am more invested in my sims this way.

My current household consists of a Sim and her cat, she’s a children’s book author and doesn’t have much money but she’s slowing been able to renovate the rooms in her house as she’s earned royalties.

I’ve got a set schedule with her though to only publish one book per sim week, if that,so she won’t be swimming in royalties.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Not too shappy, but nothing special either.

The only time I cheat money in now is for build mode on a lot. Otherwise they have to work for their simoleons. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Play money...
    I don't like using motherlode unless there's just no way around it... like I'm shifting households and they need funds to move out. I enjoy rags to riches so I more often take the money away than give it
  • Options
    LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    A fortune!
    with testing cheats on I use "money (add amount 0 to 9999999)" easier than typing above cheats over and over
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    A nice windfall.
    That's about a week (well 4 days, really) at the office. Always appreciated income.
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    A fortune!
    50k is a lot for my sims. I never use cheats of any kind, simply because it makes game much too easy and also PS4 blocks trophies when cheat console is enabled. That being said, my sims never end up being poor. Usually from spring up to winter they have around 60k in deposit which they earn without sacrificing life, fun or anything. I find this amount to be enough as game doesn’t really have that much options to spent, but plenty of ways to earn.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    A fortune!
    A fortune indeed, considering the fact that he has zero simoleons and 1 chicken egg in his inventory.
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    A nice windfall.
    Olalla1986 wrote: »
    I find this amount to be enough as game doesn’t really have that much options to spent.

This is too true.

Since the dreaded E.L. patch, IMO the absolute WORST patch in gaming history, sims are now just as happy in a 20k house than they are in Yuma Heights. So why bother with cash anymore anyways?
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,088 Member
    A nice windfall.
    When my sim self and his wife started out they didn’t have much but my sim self’s wife’s father had a storyline where he was “loaded” so he “gave” my sim self and his wife the exact amount to buy the bit of land in Newcrest so they could build their family home on and “gave” my sim self and his wife an extra 1 million each to do as they wish totalling up to 2.5 million something.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    A nice windfall.
    Depends if you want an average sim family in a average house then it’s a ok amount. If you have a family in a expensive home then it’s a challenge. If it’s for a sim in a starter home then it’s east gameplay. It all depends on your sims household and circumstances. In my game it’s an average household amount but it maybe different for others.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I never play average households. LOL But that amount would help a struggling family nonetheless. I like the typo, made me giggle.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    A fortune!
    I like to play by starting with all basic/limited stuff and then upgrading over time, so 50k would be an obscene amount of money and would majorly upgrade my sims homes. I usually cheat money down rather than up :D
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Depends on story, both starting point and objectives. It can be any of the first3.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,927 Member
    A fortune!
    Haha, I would be so bored with ANY sims games , 5 minutes after loading the game up, if I use that :D

Not even worth loading the game if that would be starter money :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    PurpleThistlesPurpleThistles Posts: 618 Member
    A fortune!
    My Sims are nearly always poor, I hate having rich Sims so 50000 is way too much. My current sim is trying to eek out a living against mods I use to give then realistic salaries and paying for utilities, entrance to community lots and so forth.
  • Options
    CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    edited September 2021
    A fortune!
    I typically don't use motherlode unless I really need to set up an already established family i created in cas. I like to earn it. Such as two adult parents with kids, realistically they should have more than 20 k to buy a house. I don't like to have that much money in my sims household funds. So yeah that's a lot of money for most.
    Post edited by Caitxcat on
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    A nice windfall.
    For the average household, earning money (even with no job) usually makes an extra 50k seem like a quick doubling of their resources. Granted, my sims don't live like they have the money they do, often going with less expensive options in most places, so despite it being a financial boon, it's not a lifestyle one.

As for my richest sims, 50k is less than a quarter of their investment earnings through the Shrewd trait.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    A fortune!
    It is a lot of money for my sims. I use that money cheat for making changes to their homes, and then use another money cheat to give them the amount of money they had before the changes.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    A fortune!
    Keep in mind that before I even create a Sim, I use build mode to custom tailor a house for them--because of this, they don't have to make any major purchases. In fact, I don't really know why I use motherload---they can live just fine on $20K
  • Options
    moonmaidenmoonmaiden Posts: 17 Member
    I like to use the money cheats while in the building stages of my sim houses, so I dont have to limit myself in that aspect. But once the house is built, I do like to keep my household funds relatively low, so it feels like they actually have a reason for going to work.
    TS4 Gallery: moonmaiden17
    Discord: moonmaiden#1752
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Play money...
    The veteran families in my game are worth the maximum amount allowed. Mostly due to money trees and one sim did win the lottery. Generations of my sims have never had to work. But familiarity breeds contempt and I'm looking to have sims living in average houses with part-time jobs and maybe a hobby that supplements their income.

• Options
    L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    Play money...
    I use thousands of motherloads... Games without cheats are unknown to me.
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    A nice windfall.
    Interesting! I hadn't expected "A fortune" to take the lead.

Part of the reason I made this poll is that even the "Wanna free Motherlode?" suggests painting as a means of earning money. Painting and money trees are often suggested in forums, too, but in my game I have to justify why this particular sim is in the position to sell their paintings with success. If I had Seasons, only co-owners of my Urban Farms would be allowed money trees and so on. As a result every household that isn't flagged in my head as super-rich isn't rolling in money, but still living comfortably.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    A fortune!
    Money is weird in the Sims 4: It is WAY too easy to make it, but at the same time you literally have nothing to spend it on. So yes, 50k would be a HUGE bonus for any Sim family, it could buy a lot of good stuff. At the same time after a certain point in game money is litterally pointless. I have never won the lottery but somewhere around your starter Sim being late Adulthood (not Elder yet) you probably have no need for ANY money, your Sim could just sunbathe all day and quit the job and somehow would still make 10,000 Simolions more per week than the bills.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek