Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does the outdoor retreat elixir of fertility work for you ?

I am trying to use the outdoor retreat elixir of fertility, and its not giving multiple births or even a moodlet of some sorts. I had my sim drink it before trying for a baby, and even during her whole pregnancy but still no joy. Does it work for you, if you answer yes, please let me know how and when you used it so I can try and recreate it as well ;) Thanks in advance for any answers and happy simming all <3

Does the outdoor retreat elixir of fertility work for you ? 7 votes

Yes
28%
Dijktafonecomicsforlife 2 votes
No
71%
mcruddDarkLady2788halloweenchildKimmerGoldenWings16 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    GoldenWings16GoldenWings16 Posts: 41 Member
    No
    I tried it only once but didn't work.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    No
    It's been a long time since I tried it and I don't rember it having any kind of effect.
    I thought I didn't know how to use it the right way. Nowadays I hardly even remember what elixirs exist because I haven't done herbalism skill in years with my Sims, except one but she's still on lower levels.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Yes
    drink it while pregnant gives you another baby I tested with mc before my sim was only gonna have one baby
    and I drank it the info said two
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    No
    I tried it only once but didn't work.

I tried it about six times today, but drank it everytime before falling pregnant and then again during. I might try it only when she is pregnant now to see if it works as @comicsforlife suggested.
    Kimmer wrote: »
    It's been a long time since I tried it and I don't rember it having any kind of effect.
    I thought I didn't know how to use it the right way. Nowadays I hardly even remember what elixirs exist because I haven't done herbalism skill in years with my Sims, except one but she's still on lower levels.

Thanks for your comment, I found it very strange that there is no sort of moodlet or anything as well.
    drink it while pregnant gives you another baby I tested with mc before my sim was only gonna have one baby
    and I drank it the info said two

Thanks so much for this @comicsforlife did you drink one elixir during pregnancy and if not how many and when during pregnancy, sorry for the questions but I would love to try and reenact it.
  • Options
    Yes
    just one I don't think it matters when after pregnancy
  • Options
    No
    just one I don't think it matters when after pregnancy

Thank you so much, perhaps I am messing it up when I have my sim drink it before as well, so I will retry with only drinking it after now. Thanks so much for your replies, they are appreciated, will load my game right now.
  • Options
    No
    Ugh tried twice now and no twins. I wonder if it might be broken? When did you do yours @comicsforlife :)
  • Options
    GoldenWings16GoldenWings16 Posts: 41 Member
    No
    It was before WooHoo when I tried it. I will check if drinking it while pregnant works.
  • Options
    No
    It was before WooHoo when I tried it. I will check if drinking it while pregnant works.

I am testing it now with my supersim, where she actually made it fresh and drank it just after she fell pregnant. Will find out soon, what happens
    3sGhA5B.png

Thanks so much for helping me test this :)
  • Options
    No
    That was just one baby too. Gonna make real life dinner now, sims will have to wait a bit, sorry all, will test this further tomorrow. Hopefully we can have more responds by then too <3 Happy simming all <3
  • Options
    Yes
    a few months ago if your not getting a moodlet from it its bugged sounds like you need to start a bug thread
  • Options
    No
    a few months ago if your not getting a moodlet from it its bugged sounds like you need to start a bug thread

mmm yes I do think it might be broken. Thanks so much @comicsforlife . @crinrict do you think I should make a thread over at the bug section at ea help, have you heard anything of the elixir of fertility from outdoor retreat no longer working? If you think so then I will make one :)
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited September 2021
    Yes
    Works TOO well! A mere glance at a lady sim, and three days later, inevitably, my sim recieves a phone call stating he fathered triplets. o:)
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    No
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    Works TOO well! A mere glance at a lady sim, and three days later, inevitably, my sim recieves a phone call stating he fathered triplets. o:)

Hi there @Dijktafone do you mind if I ask when you used the elixir and if you got a moodlet?
    edit to add. Also at which stage did your sim take the elixir?
    Thanks in advance for any help :)
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited September 2021
    Yes
    That I can't really tell, unfortunately as I didn't pay attention to this.

Also, when you say 'during the whole pregnancy', do you also mean 'after trying for baby', but 'before testing for pregnancy'?
  • Options
    No
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    That I can't really tell, unfortunately as I didn't pay attention to this.

Its ok :) Just trying to figure out if perhaps the last update or one before it might have broken the elixir as it is definitely not working for me right now. I have tried several pregnancies and different times of taking the elixir and just single babies ;)