Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ugh excuse me while I vent...

So it's Harvestfest, and right in the middle of cooking the turkey the stupid power goes off for the NAPS vote. Thanks for ruining our Harvestfest! But wait, I thought, I will just order delivery! Okay so the fridge is off and I can't do it there. But there are cell phones! Cell phone doesn't work during power shut off. WHAT THE HECK GAME?!!?! 😒😒😒😒😒😒
heartstopper-couple.gif

Comments

• Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I guess your Sims were just as surprised as you so they didn't have them charged. 😄

Sorry, a joke was probably the last thing you wanted to hear after your rant.

That is awful and figures. At least grills still work, though, right?
  • Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I guess your Sims were just as surprised as you so they didn't have them charged. 😄

I haven't tried that, but I don't think you can cook grand meals on the grill?
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    edited September 2021
    Stupid NAPS! I agree! Haha! Not laughing at you, at the stupid NAPS. Why I have NPC voting off. I had quite a few "What the Heck?" moments with NAPS.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    heh the naps should know if is a holiday and let your sims cook
  • Options
    bandit5 wrote: »
    heh the naps should know if is a holiday and let your sims cook

Rrrriiiiight..... :D:p:#
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    PurpleThistlesPurpleThistles Posts: 618 Member
    Let that be a lesson for your poor simmies! If you don't vote you cant complain :D (Sure I can hear that being said in my mothers voice). I was blogging a challenge and forgot to vote, so ended up with a ton of screenshots of bag headed sims. Doesn't make for good story telling!
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »

I haven't tried that, but I don't think you can cook grand meals on the grill?

Now that you mention it, maybe. I haven't tried, but it would be kind of weird if you couldn't do a fish dinner or something off the grid.

When you mentioned delivery I assumed any group meal would have done at that point, hence the grill.
  • Options

Unless you want stupid stuff like "Sharing is caring", then turn off NPC voting. Yeah yeah, takes away the "challenge", I guess. :P
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Ughhh happened to me a few irl days ago. I eventually ended up instant repealing the power NAP on the mailbox. Couldn’t stand it anymore. Worst part of it for me is having the simple living challenge on and all my sims food going bad. So annoying. But yeah harvestfest got me too.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,579 Member
    The island leaf thing works without power and has options for grand meals available. Also, you could take your Sims out to a restaurant and order grand meal dishes there.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    CORNY JOKE INCOMING!

vent.... like in Among Us?
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,907 Member
    Guess you got some of that unexpectedness some are always clamoring for. :p
  • Options
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    Unless you want stupid stuff like "Sharing is caring", then turn off NPC voting. Yeah yeah, takes away the "challenge", I guess. :P

As a rotational player, I learned very quickly to turn off NPC voting...because spending four weeks in a neighborhood fixing the broken NAPs that the game chose every time I shifted neighborhoods got real old real fast. It was fun once (when a frustrated new resident got politically active and I worked it into a forum story), but after awhile I decided to add to my simworld's canon that the Supreme Court ruled NAPs unconstitutional. Then I cheated them out of existence...just shift-click on the mailbox. No more NAPs (sole exception: Green Development in all the Evergreen Harbor neighborhoods, which I handwaved with "it's not a NAP, it's a city ordinance.")
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,619 Member
    Why cut the power because a vote is coming up? What a strange pack EL must be. I'm so very glad I opted to bypass that one. Oi! I feel your frustration, I do. Is it possible to roll back your game save and prevent the vote so that your Harvestfest isn't obliterated? Bad enough weddings often are a struggle, why violate the sanctity of giving thanks for the bountiful harvest?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,100 Member
    If you get five or more signatures from your friends and Neighbours you can appeal the vote. I did after the same thing happened to me.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Vote for green gardening first and plant a garden. I ended up with over a 1000 points. I could vote with no effort after that. Even if I move I still have so many points so I just vote in what I want On Monday before it closes.
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 439 Member
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner. Or something like that.
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Guess you got some of that unexpectedness some are always clamoring for. :p

And which in my game I tend to enjoy! Where I live we have unexpected power shutdowns approximately once in a month and nobody is asking if it's a perfect timing for them or not. I don't mind the same happening in sims. It makes the game unpredictable and more challenging forcing to find a solution of some sort.
    In one of my games I've ended with power shutdowns in the household where my sim was a gaming streamer. The power went off right in the middle of his 24 hours stream. Sure this was against plan but life always happens. And Sims is a life simulator. So next time he had an option to repel NAP or to invest in some power-generating equipment. It was a first time I was involved in repelling procedure and it was a nice additional experience.
    But if I wouldn't search for it I have tones of options to evade it from turning off NAPS in general to using cheats for insta-rempving NAPS. Also cellphones works just fine if you leave the boundaries of your lot just a wee bit. Step outside on a sidewalk and boom phone is working again. I use this little "cheat" all the time.
  • Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    @Harukotyan I mean my point isn't even really the power outage itself, but the fact that your cell phone doesn't work. That doesn't make sense considering it just went off. Cell phones don't need electricity right a way. That's my main complaint.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    @Harukotyan I mean my point isn't even really the power outage itself, but the fact that your cell phone doesn't work. That doesn't make sense considering it just went off. Cell phones don't need electricity right a way. That's my main complaint.

Agree, that totally makes sense. Phone situation is pretty inconsistent. Not only phone behavior is unrealistic. I also do not like that they don't work at home but magically start working 5 meters away from sim lot as I mentioned above. Also the fact that they can't use the phone doesn't stop them from playing mobile games autonomously from time to time.
  • Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    mehh not as annoying as the daily breaking radios.... sure it is handy for handiness leveling but having to fix half of all my stuff every day gets annoying after a while....
  • Options
    JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Yeah, NAP's are garbage. Gameplay buggy madness. Suggest you take em off to save your sanity.

Next holiday, Cook Grand Meal the day before & stick it in the fridge. Long as sims eat it on the actual holiday, the tradition is satisfied. Worked for me (but that was before lot trait updates). OR reschedule your calendar holidays & only sub the traditions with ones that won't be as 'challenging'.

Personal Vent:
    Lore's taking 4 classes in Foxbury living solo in the Spice District. Lotta homework, no sleep. Friends with most of the neighbors, but no one had an Apartment Key. Came home from class one day & her homie was making cakes in the apartment! Excuse me? Sent her home, locked the door & more peeps kept staggering in. Spice Festival next day sent a bunch of unknown townies through her locked door making white cake. Total cakes in Inventory: 9

Lessons Learned: Buh-bye NAPs & too much cake makes them sick.
  • Options

About the cell phone not working right away, in real life if power was deliberately shut off as per government order, it's possible they would also shut off power to the cell-phone towers and not allow the backup systems to kick in (To save energy as per the NAP). You could still turn on your phone until it's battery goes dead, but there would be no connection for communication or internet.

It is funny though (and dumb) that you can just step off the lot in game and it works. What do they do? Transmit interference EMP's to every house (Lot)? lol
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    JunkyPoem wrote: »
    Next holiday, Cook Grand Meal the day before & stick it in the fridge. Long as sims eat it on the actual holiday, the tradition is satisfied. Worked for me (but that was before lot trait updates). OR reschedule your calendar holidays & only sub the traditions with ones that won't be as 'challenging'.

I've gotten rid of the major premade holidays in Seasons—Love Day and their versions of Thanksgiving and Christmas all got binned. I replaced them with fun holidays like "Basketball Season Starts!" (the second Tuesday in autumn*) which has as its traditions Watch Sports and Grill Food. The start of NBA season on a Tuesday in October is the biggest day of my own fall calendar, so my sims follow suit.

I did, however, keep the periodic smaller holidays in the game, like Skill Day or Talk Like A Pirate Day (arr!) or whatever.

*my seasons are 28 days long, FWIW.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Eco Living gives me a fine because I use too much water. My home currently has no toilet.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.