Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SPA DAY REFRESH!

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Those are actually really good additions. My favorites are the new trait, teaching yoga, and the really long nails. I hope nail customization is also something we can do in CAS, and not something just available in spas.
    This would be a great thing to add to the makeup table…… being able to do your own nails on it……at least painting them.
  • Options
    💕💅🏼 OMG CAN’T WAIT TO GET ME NAILS DONE! 💅🏼💕

On a serious note, this is very cool.

In all fairness, it looks like a pretty decent pack overhaul and I think family players will be extremely happy to find that kids can join in on the spa activities. I'm very glad to see this kind of work being done on older packs and I'm looking forward to getting many more pack refreshes in the future, please!

I don't want all townies to have pretty nails though. In case that happens, it needs to be nerfed. 😝

Also I'm wondering...can I get my High Maintenance sim to become a Yoga Drill Instructor too? That'd be great. I used to have a mod for this, but I would be so much happier if I can do it Vanilla style!

Good stuff good stuff. 👍🏼

EDIT: I see a yoga matt with moon phases….does this mean…..🌕🐺

I hope if the moon phases do mean something that they will add body hair and eyelashes as well with the werewolf pack! That would be the next step in a spa. Hair removal and false eyelashes!
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    This would have been such a perfect opportunity to introduce body hair ... But no ... They choose NAILS instead ... I give up.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Sounds good. I hope in the future they work on making the handiness skill less appreciated. I'd love to be able to run a repair shop.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    The silver lining is that at least it's a free update... but honestly, I'm not thrilled about it. Sure, manicures sound like fun, but I would have liked to see other features before this.

I thought the update would be for Outdoor Retreat. There was a lot of speculation that Granite Falls could be 'unlocked' for residential lots, a feature that I've wanted for such a long time now. I don't use vacation worlds for this very reason - so pretty please Sims team, make it happen for the next pack refresh. 🥺
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I am so excited…… I already have in mind a few sims that are going to need those long nails!

I think I’m going to make a little manicure/esthetician shop somewhere. Also, a great place to send my female teen sims, to get their nails done….. girls day out club…

If we ever got a malls pack, this would be something to add to it.

They should add doing nails to the makeup table too.

I’m hoping we get body hair and eyelashes as an update before a werewolf or with a werewolf pack, and they add hair removal and eyelashes to the massage table.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    So far SimGuruConnor and SimGuruPJ will be streaming.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    This looks surprisingly promising! I honestly didn't think they'd add much in the "refresh", but if this is all true, I'm actually impressed! This also makes me look forward to seeing the future pack refreshes we'll be getting!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    Those are actually really good additions. My favorites are the new trait, teaching yoga, and the really long nails. I hope nail customization is also something we can do in CAS, and not something just available in spas.
    This would be a great thing to add to the makeup table…… being able to do your own nails on it……at least painting them.
    This. Let me do peoples' make-up and nails. And hair. Heck, just give us a beauty salon option.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    So happy that children can do yoga. I like the new track suits for children and toddlers, too.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    I'm so excited! I've wanted a wellness aspiration for awhile now and a new trait is always welcome. Being able to do nails is also a nice unexpected surprise.
    I'm glad to see kids can now do yoga and meditation, I wonder if that will increase the motor or mental skill or if they will be able to directly learn the wellness skill.

This makes me even more excited for future refreshes and has me wondering how often we'll get them.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    This would have been such a perfect opportunity to introduce body hair ... But no ... They choose NAILS instead ... I give up.

Didn’t even think of that…

How disappointing…

😂
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I love the pack already, this will make it even better. I hope future refreshes are equally good.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Love it!

Nancy Landgraab will obviously be very high maintenance.

And Summer Holiday Landgraab can teach yoga. Her and her husband Johnny (famous comedian) run a celebrity spa.

I was kind of hoping I could run the spa, but this works too!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    PreCiious wrote: »
    Yes on the manicures, pedicures and nail polish. Always wanted a BEAUTY and spa.

Kids that can participate in those spa activities is nice, but to be honest kinda wished it was outdoor retreat. Imagine these kids running around in the woods playing tag with each other.

Or in general. I feel like Outdoor Retreat needed more tinder loving care. Boats, swimming in the lake. But its cool.

Maybe OR is on the list, but they're still working on things like being able to live there full-time (ditto with JA). A park ranger career could be cool, or maybe a naturalist that can help Sims identify plants and fish. Spa Day is a good choice for the first refresh though, especially with things that can be done at home without going to the spa like the yoga and meditation. I wonder if the wellness activities can help Sim kids get rid of the Parenthood phases quicker? Like if they've got the Loud phase, if they go meditate then the phase won't last as long.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Or it could be a sign that werewolves are on the drawing board, as that's also a perfect opportunity for body hair.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited September 2021

EDIT: I see a yoga matt with moon phases….does this mean…..🌕🐺

In all seriousness... there is lifestates that need cool claws... i mean nails...of course... :wink:

⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member

Or it could be a sign that werewolves are on the drawing board, as that's also a perfect opportunity for body hair.

The problem with body hair is probably that - if it was properly done - it is not just a visual addition but a complicated inheritable trait ...
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Pretty excited to see this livestream. Spa day is not my playstyle per se but these are some awesome additions and I can see myself using these new features! Always excited for more kid additions and new animations/interactions!! 😁😁😁😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I'm very excited!! Thanks cat!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I am so excited…… I already have in mind a few sims that are going to need those long nails!

I think I’m going to make a little manicure/esthetician shop somewhere. Also, a great place to send my female teen sims, to get their nails done….. girls day out club…

If we ever got a malls pack, this would be something to add to it.

They should add doing nails to the makeup table too.

I’m hoping we get body hair and eyelashes as an update before a werewolf or with a werewolf pack, and they add hair removal and eyelashes to the massage table.

Of course it's not official but I've been building a mall lot for 3 days now for my teens to hangout lol. You just gave me idea to put a nail salon inside👀
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member

Didn’t even think of that…

How disappointing…

😂

No no no, body hair is a bad idea with painted nails.... what if while you're painting your nails a few of your body hairs come flying off and get stuck onto your freshly painted nails? Bad juju, bad!
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited September 2021
    I wonder if kids that do yoga lose weight though because i keep ending up with well fed kids and that could help... theres not actually much in terms of exercise they can do which tbh is strangest thing ever and i dont think the kids motor items count towards weightloss
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    I actually love and use Spa day a lot. But this seems like it's going to make it even better. It's adding the feature I thought were missing (trait, aspiration) and giving some cool add-ons (face mask, nails, job).