Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pack Refresh - Cool Kitchen

What are your ideas for how to refresh Cool Kitchen stuff pack?

I would like to see:
"Ice Cream Party" event
Favorite ice cream flavor under likes/dislikes system

What are your ideas?

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Some more appliances. Maybe they could add an orange tree, snd a juicer ( the juice could have health benefits or something ). We could also make lemonade. A fry skillet would be nice too. It could be used in dorms and other student places in Discover University,
  • Options
    simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Some more appliances. Maybe they could add an orange tree, snd a juicer ( the juice could have health benefits or something ). We could also make lemonade. A fry skillet would be nice too. It could be used in dorms and other student places in Discover University,

LOVE THAT!!! Smoothies via the blender?!
  • Options
    PickledtiaraPickledtiara Posts: 169 Member
    edited August 2021
    First, I would love for them to switch out the upper cabinets, make the one without the glass doors the main cabinet. It breaks immersion to have several of the glass door cabinets with the exact same plates and glasses. They do this too with the Country Kitchen kit, it is such a weird design choice.

Second, more decor that can be slotted to shelves - standard drinking glasses and ones for wine, coffee cups, stacked bowls and more plates. Maybe some pantry items and a hanging apron.
    Gallery ID Pickledtiara
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited August 2021
    I still think it was pretty lame that the Cool Kitchen set gave us only one kitchen style. Way back in Sims 2, with Kitchen and Bath stuff, there were two different design styles, Contemporary and Romantic, and they could have done something similar here. It's also inexcusable that we only got the ice cream maker as a new appliance. This would have been a perfect opportunity to reintroduce the food processor, along with some unique recipes tied only to it. I agree that they could also have included a juicer or a blender or something like that, for smoothies and shakes, or even a waffle iron. For years I have wanted something as simple as a toaster in all versions of the sims games, but we have never gotten one and problably never will.

I do like the Cool Kitchen set's artwork and the wall deco, which I use a lot in my Sims' homes. For instance, I use the cutting board, knife set and wall spices in almost every kitchen. More kitchen clutter would have been nice, including slottable shelves and cabinets with stacked dishes and individual cups, plates, bowls, pots and pans and pitchers to go on them for a customizable look.

As for the ice cream dishes that came with the pack, they are very well done; if I have kids in a family and the kitchen is big enough, I usually include the ice cream maker. I am only sorry they never created a version of an ice cream stand to appear out in the in neighborhoods (instead of that stupid cupcake stand, which only seems to cause sims to leave cupcakes spoiling all over the pavement in the San Myshuno neighborhoods). I guess Cool Kitchen was just too early as only the third stuff pack, created even before City Living. However, they didn't even ensure that it worked with the GTW retail system, such as with bakeries. Having had my sims run successful bakeries on a couple of occasions, I certainly would have enjoyed it if these bakeries could also have had a dedicated ice cream counter with professional looking equipment and sims eating the ice cream right there on site. A missed opportunity for cross-pack integration.
  • Options
    That’s a great idea for refresh!!! We need cross pack functionality for packs to feel finish don’t we?
  • Options
    PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Deep fryer, ice cream maker, how about
    a cotton candy maker?
  • Options
    I’d personally like if they could add something like a food competition where sims can bake or make ice cream or whatever and then submit it for judging and win a prize. That might make the gameplay feel “worth exploring”
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I'd like some tropical flavors for the icecream. Would be nice if sims with high cooking skill could get chance cards that asked them to prepare some dishes for a charity fundraiser, or bake a cake for a friend, etc.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I'll hop in to suggest ice cream stalls where sims can buy ice cream from.
  • Options
    SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    I'd like an off the grid stove/oven that actually can cook, maybe its downfall could be it runs out of firewood?
    want to live off the grid sigh
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    A fireplace that can cook food.