Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What type of male CAS items do you wish to see in the near future?

I guess next to the elderly, there really isn't any ideal or commonly praised clothing styles that your sim would look good in, that may or not be cc-related. And I often hear the constant pleas for better CAS items that doesn't involve guys wearing joggers and having a more variety of shoes, accessories, hairstyles, and whatever else that seems to be often looked at as inferior when in comparison to the female side.

What type of a personalized look would you like to see your sims dressed in? Should there be something more simplistic or something more complex? More casual or more formal, more indie, more masculine, less feminine? More alternative? More country? Posh, even? Modern, less retro? More trendy? Should the design look more like alpha inspired or stay maxis matched? What would like to see less of and why? I know that there's a ton of clothing categories to choose from, but maybe there's something out there that gets overlooked and you may want to share some light on?

Pictures are welcome! :) Compare and contrast, do what you want, just be honest and share your thoughts. I'm looking forward to seeing what you think is best. <3

Comments

• Options
    EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    This thread has a lot of suggestions for male clothing: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/915089/%EF%B8%8F-collection-thread-male-cas-content#latest

Just letting you know.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited July 2021
    Rocker/Punk/Goth/ Alternative stuff
    never too much of that for either gender but especially i feel like my dudes would like some

maybe some hiphop sized shirts too

im not big on the pants dropping below waistline thing (though maybe it should be option too) but i like the big long oversize shirts for all genders cause it comfy

oh and cool suits.
    never too many cool suits.
    i have many fancy gentlemen to dress

+ historical wear and occulty wear as always appreciated for both genders

and tbh what i most feel we miss is just the oversize comfy looking things for all but maybe thats cause i personally love to dress in a tent

oh oh and also some beards and mustache yes id love some of that
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited July 2021
    Here are some hairstyles that I didn't post on the other thread that I would think we could have for "The Sims 4":
    1c157e0e6164fda78381d8ecff32c0d5.jpg

4e15c86f6e46edb7859574aa3c3da57b.jpg

90s-mens-hairstyle-curtained-hair-leonardo-dicaprio-nick-carter.jpg

cq5dam-web-320-320-medium.png

curtains-hairstyle-finished-look-1024x683.jpg

mens-hair-color-brown-500x500.jpg

my-meiker-1625783124482258.png

short-asian-mens-hair-255x255.jpg

slickbackblonde.jpg

ultra-long-zombie-mummy-punk-gothic-punk-strappy-smoky-tie-dye-legging-red-leggings.jpg

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I would love just regular, normal everyday bootcut men's jeans, that aren't above the ankles! I'd like them to actually touch the shoes. Guys where I live do NOT wear colored jeans some of them do wear skinny jeans, but they are not floods! They actually are long and typically bunch around the ankles.
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    More trenchcoats, as well as sleeveless outfits, most men really don't care about fashion, I'm perfectly fine with my clothes having rips and tears, wrinkles, being oversized and mismatched, I'm like a townie but worse IRL.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    Pants that go down to the ankles.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    BEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    Sensi_SifuSensi_Sifu Posts: 16 Member
    More linen suits. I admit I like to chill.
  • Options
    foxymulderfoxymulder Posts: 5 New Member
    More winter sweaters/jackets for both genders. There's so many more options for the summer items.
  • Options
    MashamakMashamak Posts: 10 New Member
    I would love to have the option to tuck in shirts, sometimes you find the cutest shirt and high waisted pants and then you can’t even tuck the shirt inside! When I used to play covet fashion that was my favourite thing about dressing up the characters, the fact that you can tuck in clothes!

I also feel there aren’t enough options for long straight hair, I think all the short and medium cuts between base game and packs are dope and plentiful but there’s only like 3 options for straight hair that’s long and 1 of them looks like a wig...

More hair swatch options is also a huge thing, and maybe the option to add highlights to your hair would be great!
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    Scarves as neck items.
    I'd also like to have a jacket with patched elbows.
    Salt and pepper coloured hair (when someone with black hair starts to go grey).
  • Options
    VeganisinizVeganisiniz Posts: 51 Member
    Button up shirts with floral designs, geometric designs, and animals on them.

More middle part haircuts like young Keanu Reeves and/or Eboy curtains haircuts.
  • Options
    really like popped up collars and rolled up sleeves, also could use more leather jackets and maybe pompadours.
  • Options
    hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    edited August 2021
    Sorry, I've been "avoiding" this thread, even though there's a more popular post of this here (I didn't initially see the post and I don't know how I missed it). But, I was thinking these would be really nice:

*I don't own all the packs, so I'm not sure if it's something that's already there.*

UBuKtz2.png
    I feel like this should've been up for display when we had the Nifty Knitting survey. I mean, if I were a guy or if it came in my size, I'd wear that jacket.

zUCe8Yf.jpg

R9G6yxp.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong (probably am), but do guys still have base game vacation/hot summer clothes? I never realized that I'd go that long without noticing any changes to the CAS's Styled Looks category. The options are limited and aren't that flattering, so it sucks whenever I think about the male's section, individually or not.

LfXZMij.jpg

I'd like some half-tucked in shirts, meshed, simple, plain, denim shirts, too.

x5fnikF.jpg

kagot7V.jpg

uGZMHDm.jpg
    Dj9p8in.jpg

XegDDAc.jpg

M342OHn.jpg I just love how well the patterns mix together with his outfit. The leather shoes are barely noticeable, but I like the texture of how warn out they look. The coloring isn't completely solid, which is what I like.

QQXmDrv.jpg

ioE0K4w.png

6HB9ec4.jpg

UNRW6AW.jpg
    I'd like these below/above the knee. The skulls can stay where they are, but convert it into the sims' grim reaper, and cover up the sculpture design where the tip of the shoe is. And then where the zipper is, have it go up a little more, but just be all black or however you wanna play it.
    LIpwPbf.jpg
    TRvOhtp.jpg
    I've always liked the idea of having some representation as far cultural clothing goes, so I thought dashikis would be a cool addition to something, like the GF&CL pack we've had. I also just had a funny idea of having a grilled cheese mascot for like a party suit or something dumb like a Man Baby. I guess to imitate the new year's eve baby or for your sim to be a little more creepier than what they are ;).
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I'd like some Hawaiian shirts for the beach guys. Not too colourful and leisurely enough to give a carefree look to the guys on the beaches in Sulani.

Funky-Leaves-Hawaiian-Shirt-Men-2020-Summer-New-Short-Sleeve-Casual-Shirts-Mens-Aloha-Beach-Holiday.jpg_q50.jpg

white-florida-fashion-summer-and-beach-short-sleeve-men-s-shirt.jpg

Ralph-Lauren-Hawaiian-punch.jpg

b8f8b462-975c-4068-8e30-053635b79ca0.__CR0,0,300,300_PT0_SX300_V1___.jpg

f4c991256bb5719cd04ccd71f28e76d9--casual-outfits-man-style.jpg
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    edited August 2021
    Simmingal wrote: »
    and tbh what i most feel we miss is just the oversize comfy looking things for all but maybe thats cause i personally love to dress in a tent
    Oh me too! Comfort always comes before style in my wardrobe (although I think having both is possible!)

I think most of the things I'd like have already been mentioned, so I'm just going to add that I'd like more nightwear.
    I often change the CAS filters and use everyday items as nightwear, but I'd like some more proper PJ sets, loungewear, etc.
  • Options
    dominoes007dominoes007 Posts: 21 Member
    Clothes with more colours and patterns please! We got a few good colours and patterns with City Living, but I would love to see it on some plainer items of clothing.
    Also, more suits would be nice. Some of it is fun but only good for certain situations (glitter suit, vampire tuxedo etc.).
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,401 Member
    Check out Mr. Porter (the website) or any of those other designer ecommerce destinations.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    Might be good to have a bushy Abe/Amish beard, no facial hair above or around the mouth, it's like muttonchops but with hair on the chin as well.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member

How about that official body hair menu with some official body hair first? After that we can talk about the rest. B)

I won't post pictures. We all know what it looks like yeah?
    If male sims are the only men you I ever saw in your life...well..then...I guess I feel sorry for you folks.
    Still won't post pictures.
  • Options
    Sorry, I've been "avoiding" this thread, even though there's a more popular post of this here (I didn't initially see the post and I don't know how I missed it). But, I was thinking these would be really nice:

*I don't own all the packs, so I'm not sure if it's something that's already there.*

UBuKtz2.png
    I feel like this should've been up for display when we had the Nifty Knitting survey. I mean, if I were a guy or if it came in my size, I'd wear that jacket.

zUCe8Yf.jpg

R9G6yxp.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong (probably am), but do guys still have base game vacation/hot summer clothes? I never realized that I'd go that long without noticing any changes to the CAS's Styled Looks category. The options are limited and aren't that flattering, so it sucks whenever I think about the male's section, individually or not.

LfXZMij.jpg

I'd like some half-tucked in shirts, meshed, simple, plain, denim shirts, too.

x5fnikF.jpg

kagot7V.jpg

uGZMHDm.jpg
    Dj9p8in.jpg

XegDDAc.jpg

M342OHn.jpg I just love how well the patterns mix together with his outfit. The leather shoes are barely noticeable, but I like the texture of how warn out they look. The coloring isn't completely solid, which is what I like.

QQXmDrv.jpg

ioE0K4w.png

6HB9ec4.jpg

UNRW6AW.jpg
    I'd like these below/above the knee. The skulls can stay where they are, but convert it into the sims' grim reaper, and cover up the sculpture design where the tip of the shoe is. And then where the zipper is, have it go up a little more, but just be all black or however you wanna play it.
    LIpwPbf.jpg
    TRvOhtp.jpg
    I've always liked the idea of having some representation as far cultural clothing goes, so I thought dashikis would be a cool addition to something, like the GF&CL pack we've had. I also just had a funny idea of having a grilled cheese mascot for like a party suit or something dumb like a Man Baby. I guess to imitate the new year's eve baby or for your sim to be a little more creepier than what they are ;).
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I'd like some Hawaiian shirts for the beach guys. Not too colourful and leisurely enough to give a carefree look to the guys on the beaches in Sulani.

Funky-Leaves-Hawaiian-Shirt-Men-2020-Summer-New-Short-Sleeve-Casual-Shirts-Mens-Aloha-Beach-Holiday.jpg_q50.jpg

white-florida-fashion-summer-and-beach-short-sleeve-men-s-shirt.jpg

Ralph-Lauren-Hawaiian-punch.jpg

b8f8b462-975c-4068-8e30-053635b79ca0.__CR0,0,300,300_PT0_SX300_V1___.jpg

f4c991256bb5719cd04ccd71f28e76d9--casual-outfits-man-style.jpg

As a man myself, I don't know any men who would dress like this, it's way too fancy, plus I can't see my sims wearing these, they more suited for townies whats wrong with simple jeans and a tee shirt, we're not very fashionable or style conscious, honestly we just don't give a F about what we wear or how we look, most of our clothes are just simple and practical.
  • Options
    hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    I'd love to see some more cardigans & hoodies heh
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • Options
    Rabellaka_SimmingRabellaka_Simming Posts: 46 Member
    Kilts, long coats, kimono with hakama, and pinstripe suits, like the 10th Doctor wears. Or anything like any of the Doctors. :wink:
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    As a man myself, I don't know any men who would dress like this, it's way too fancy, plus I can't see my sims wearing these, they more suited for townies whats wrong with simple jeans and a tee shirt, we're not very fashionable or style conscious, honestly we just don't give a F about what we wear or how we look, most of our clothes are just simple and practical.

My suggestions were simple and practical for Sulani and summer weather in general. We already have simple jeans and t-shirts, and speaking of jeans we need more jeans that are not skinny type and end above the ankle. Same with suit pants.
  • Options
    hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    As a man myself, I don't know any men who would dress like this, it's way too fancy, plus I can't see my sims wearing these, they more suited for townies what's wrong with simple jeans and a tee shirt, we're not very fashionable or style conscious, honestly we just don't give a F about what we wear or how we look, most of our clothes are just simple and practical.

My suggestions were simple and practical for Sulani and summer weather in general. We already have simple jeans and t-shirts, and speaking of jeans we need more jeans that are not skinny type and end above the ankle. Same with suit pants.

My thoughts along the way were somewhat similar. When I posted these pictures, I was thinking more of an inspiration of what can be incorporated into guys clothing, not what a guy would wanna wear as a whole set. I mean, guys (or people) in general have a different style all the way around, so I thought some would want/like something with more of a personality vs just some plain, simplistic, material. I don't know, I don't hear the guys talk too much about their type of clothing that they like/want, and often just see them wearing simple/aesthetic clothing, so that's kind of why I made this post (but, I can see now how confusing that could've been) and thought they could bring up and something of interests that gets looked over, I guess, but maybe I was being too optimistic/open-minded of some brain-storming ideas? There's a chance of that I don't know style, per se, lol.