Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you could add one new interaction…

Comments

• Options
    RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    edited August 2021
    Gordy wrote: »
    Sword-fighting. We need more forms of combat between sims.

This would be really cool! With Get Famous there is an item you can buy that allows you to sword fight (using different kinds of swords) but it’s only acting and has no real outcome. But it does mean they already have the animations in game so it would be nice if they added it.

(Although I know they wouldn’t want to increase the age rating by making it too violent)
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Sitting on laps for a cuddle/chat/read, from toddler upwards. Include cats and dogs in that, but without the reading :D

Yes yes yes to this!!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    UGH just one? I miss slow dancing (and just couple dancing in general where one sim would point at the other), and cuddling in bed, kids showing their parents their report cards if theyre doing well (or crumpling it up if theyre doing bad), red hands, parents playing with their kids (the standing on feet thing), kids "presiding over the court" at the dinner table, table proposal, cuddling while stargazing, actual on the ground picnics, better skating (and couple skating), kids running out to see their parents when they get home from work.... and those are just things we had from previous games.

We need more group interactions especially for kids. I'd like to see tag, or red light greet light, side and seek. I know the team has said they have trouble programming things like soccer games because it's a lot to account for (and probably why we only got juggling with the soccer ball, and one man basketball), but there are other ways we can have kids play with each other outside of sports.
  • Options
    pendragon1980pendragon1980 Posts: 436 Member
    Me too for slow dance or the cuddle in bed. I miss that from the previous games
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Sword-fighting. We need more forms of combat between sims.

I would totally buy a game pack that involved archaeology making The Sims Medieval officially canon in the Sims 4 universe. Add some nice sharp objects to the Neighborhood Brawl holiday! Or how about something inspired by Guedelon castle, the experimental archeological site in France where they're using period-correct techniques to build a medieval castle in the modern day?
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    I'm going to say "Admire Beard" before @CAPTAIN_NXR7 can. :lol:
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,387 Member
    Slow dance for me too.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    “Hang out”, but not like in TS2 where they just sat on the ground and chatted. If my sim has a guest, I’d like them to follow my sim around and talk with them while they multitask.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,478 Member
    I'm going to say "Admire Beard" before @CAPTAIN_NXR7 can. :lol:

@OutlawWoman, very close! I was going to say "Admire Captain's Beard." :p

Although my very personal one would be "Admire Hairy Chest" with the next interaction being "Play With Hair On Chest."
    This however should all happen autonomously because I wouldn't direct my active sim to perform that interaction. Other sims should do that to my sim, If -in fact-he has a hairy chest. Which he does. But not officially. Yet.
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Tag - like how the kids played in Sims 2.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Asking since forever but I want a "discuss future" romantic interaction so later your partner will automously propose to you if the conversation goes well and youve agreed its a good time to get married. This is helpful when roleplaying, i often have a single female sim dating an male npc and I like traditional proposals, I dont like using her to propose and I use cheats to have him do so. Id like to be able for him to propose to her later automously on a date.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited August 2021
    Cuddle, snuggle (for naps), and sleep together. Too make it one interaction, it'd be "Ask to come to bed", then you could select one of the 3.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    The is too many interactions from past games that I really wanna see return but I would have to ask for Play Tag. I wish kids has more games to play and one that doesn't require an interactions would be great. I remebr back in ts3 Tag was a great interactions to make friends quick for kids.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Tag for children and teens.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited August 2021
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    The first thing I would like to see is children being able to play together without toys like tag, cops and robbers hide and seek etc.

A couple other interactions high on my list are sims dancing together, both slow dancing and regular dancing. I would also like to see sims spoon and cuddle in bed.

This reminds me that I'm pretty annoyed with the new deliver groceries interaction. Like I expected the grocery delivery person to hand the bag to my sim like in TS2. Instead the fool enters my home without permission and puts the bag on a table.

I don't know why this irks me so much, but it's really another cut corner. Why can't they just animate sims interacting with one another!?
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    “Hang out”, but not like in TS2 where they just sat on the ground and chatted. If my sim has a guest, I’d like them to follow my sim around and talk with them while they multitask.

Great idea on keeping them together when hanging out 👍
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    Martial Arts. I'd love to bring this back from TS3 as I used it all the time. It also need to be a skill so sims can slowly get better at it.
  • Options
    RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    Martial Arts. I'd love to bring this back from TS3 as I used it all the time. It also need to be a skill so sims can slowly get better at it.

Yeeees this would have been my second choice!
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,058 Member
    A second slow dancing - or any dancing together - as well as more games for kids/families to play together. Also more interactions tied to relaxing (in bed and sun chairs) such as reading, chatting or playing/writing/talking on the phone or the use of the tablet or digital artpad.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,683 Member
    RySBI wrote: »
    If you could request one (just one!) new interaction between Sims, what would it be?

For example, I would love to see vampire Sims get a “Deadly Bite” interaction that will let them kill Sims outright (if successful).

I would love to see Sims able to hold hands and not just the way they do for the Romantic interaction. Just hold hands, you know?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,058 Member
    babajayne wrote: »

I would settle for hang out as in sitting around chatting too - I miss that, but I also like your idea. Especially guests, it's weird that they just show up and head straight for your computer/tv/fridge instead of talking to you like normal people.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    I would put the Leap into Arms interaction back in! That was one of my favorite interactions in other Sims games, and it made me sad to see that it wasn't there in The Sims 4. I know some interactions can lead to a Sim jumping into another Sims arms sometimes, but I would like to be able to control when they do it without having to use another interaction.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 670 Member
    edited August 2021
    RySBI wrote: »
    If you could request one (just one!) new interaction between Sims, what would it be?

For example, I would love to see vampire Sims get a “Deadly Bite” interaction that will let them kill Sims outright (if successful).

There is a mod by zero that allows you to do just that. Of course if you are into modding.
    I dont think the sims team will be adding any ways to murder sims. Its just too dark for a portion of their target audience.