Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Burglars with the new Lot Challenges system?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2021
    I love this.

Maybe have traits for High Crime Area (burglaries and chances of brawlers/muggers, vandalism) and High Value Target (high burglary chance, but low chance of other crime, like a fancy gated community).

Have burglars attempt to break into vaults/vault doors if owned.

These are my exact thoughts!! It's brilliant. Now I wish they made vampire break ins a lot trait so they didn't have to get nerfed😒

And one for alien abductions.
  • Options
    MrSimGamer112MrSimGamer112 Posts: 29 Member
    It would be good if they bought the burglar back to Sims 4
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    If they put burglars, alien abductions and vampire break ins as lot challenges that would appease a lot of players I think. Although knowing this company you would then get burglars, abductions and break ins every single night... so I'd hope to see some balance lol.
  • Options
    Plumb0b_ClairePlumb0b_Claire Posts: 63 Member
    Burglars... please.

The Sims 4 is stuck in this weird place of being Utopian and we need consequences.
    Here's my response to what I think will add depth to the basegame in the Sims 411 - Forum Feedback!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959481#Comment_17959481
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    CelSims, that is a perfect solution! I love burglars, alien abductions and vampires but sometimes I want to play a game without them. I really want burglars back with Sims who are detectives able to arrest them on the spot! If these situations were challenges every player could choose and control whether or not they are part of the game.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Burglars would have to be a free patch, and the Devs are never given time for patches.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Burglars were awesome before. I wonder if they'll rework the system so that any kleptomaniac and anyone working in the criminal career could steal with a chance of getting caught? Not just NPCs. And cops could wander the streets around high crime areas.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,425 Member
    Burglars were awesome before. I wonder if they'll rework the system so that any kleptomaniac and anyone working in the criminal career could steal with a chance of getting caught? Not just NPCs. And cops could wander the streets around high crime areas.

I think it would be good if they just work the kleptomaniacs in the burglary system. They need to be apprehended and disciplined. If you play a kleptomaniac sim and he gets caught he could spend some time in jail or do community work.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Could work with abductions too

Or maybe with fires -- a lot challenge that could involve more frequent fires.

I noticed many of the previous lot traits were moved to lot challenges -- things like filthy, grody, quake zone, volcanic activity, etc. You can go into each house into a neighborhood and give every one a certain lot trait; maybe they could have a High Crime lot challenge that would lower the value of a house, but in return you have an increased chance of burglars.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    We already have vampires breaking into our houses. Why not Burglars? Also, burglars ought to be base game.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.