Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Positive Thoughts Thread 🐓

Comments

• Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    07-26-21-3-08-25-PM.png
    Catherine Weston (No relation to the Watson Family) and her now-wife Christina Miller getting married in their old back garden (I say old in the sense of 'they don't own it anymore' because I'm rebuilding their house).

This pack is so gorgeous, honestly. I'm loving playing with it.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,681 Member
    I'm having a blast! Spent most time on preparing lots and families - including moving a palace from Del Sol Valley to Old New Henford (it was packed with unique 225 years old family paintings, so I was a bit nervous about that). I love the flexibility of this all! Henford is beautiful, and I don't really find Winter too dark (coming from someone used to short days in Winter). I was also happy that Winter was not very cold, allowing my farmers to plant most days. Even if plants are not in season, getting the first sprout allows for research and a good start.

Someone mentioned they will wait until Spring. In my save it was typically 2nd day of Winter when I installed CoL. My bad planning, perhaps. But, the farm animals work more or less the same regardless of season, so I've played more farmers than I expected to do in Winter. The world is beautiful when snow gradually disappears, I really can't wait to see the same locations in different seasons!

My only negatives after a couple days playing, is that my first grocery delivery never showed up (but the palace has 5-6 entrances and maybe the delivery got confused), we now have so many cooking options, we really need those recipes organized better. I mean, when I want to cook dinner, I don't want to scroll through 500 breakfasts and pastries. Plz - 3 or 4 categories to make our days easier? I also think the stalls sell too many species that my sims will normally travel to get, like jungle berries and Sulani roots. I know I can just ignore them, but it feels a bit wrong.

I still have not had the time to get a dog r cat for my new farmers, had a hen eaten by the fox, so I really need to get on top of things re upgrading/ best dog traits etc.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    My positivity for today is my ep arrived earlier than I expected. Is it okay to love your courier driver? o:)
    Going in now to install

Happy Simming

Lol, I remember the good old days of getting TS3 discs and squealing in glee at my postman when he brought one. I'm sure he thought I was insane, no idea why 😆😆😆

It's not quite the same just downloading it online.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm having a blast! Spent most time on preparing lots and families - including moving a palace from Del Sol Valley to Old New Henford (it was packed with unique 225 years old family paintings, so I was a bit nervous about that). I love the flexibility of this all! Henford is beautiful, and I don't really find Winter too dark (coming from someone used to short days in Winter). I was also happy that Winter was not very cold, allowing my farmers to plant most days. Even if plants are not in season, getting the first sprout allows for research and a good start.

Someone mentioned they will wait until Spring. In my save it was typically 2nd day of Winter when I installed CoL. My bad planning, perhaps. But, the farm animals work more or less the same regardless of season, so I've played more farmers than I expected to do in Winter. The world is beautiful when snow gradually disappears, I really can't wait to see the same locations in different seasons!

My only negatives after a couple days playing, is that my first grocery delivery never showed up (but the palace has 5-6 entrances and maybe the delivery got confused), we now have so many cooking options, we really need those recipes organized better. I mean, when I want to cook dinner, I don't want to scroll through 500 breakfasts and pastries. Plz - 3 or 4 categories to make our days easier? I also think the stalls sell too many species that my sims will normally travel to get, like jungle berries and Sulani roots. I know I can just ignore them, but it feels a bit wrong.

I still have not had the time to get a dog r cat for my new farmers, had a hen eaten by the fox, so I really need to get on top of things re upgrading/ best dog traits etc.

My save is in the middle of winter as well -- good thing is that it seems like the new oversized crops grow regardless of season, and I built a small greenhouse for the seasonal plants (once my gardener Sim is high enough level I'll have her graft some of the plants together to save space, like put all the herbs on one plant and maybe group some of the berries together that are the same season). My primary farming Sim is a teenager (she lives with her little brother and their adoptive mom) so it's hard to juggle caring for the livestock, taking care of the garden, and schoolwork. Her brother has actually been autonomously watering plants, as does their mom, so that helps a bit; love that children can now help with gardening!

Re: cooking -- it would be nice to be able to sort by recipe type (meat/fish/vegetarian/etc.), and if you have the Simple Living lot challenge turned on, sort by what recipes you have the ingredients for.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    My positivity for today is my ep arrived earlier than I expected. Is it okay to love your courier driver? o:)
    Going in now to install

Happy Simming

Lol, I remember the good old days of getting TS3 discs and squealing in glee at my postman when he brought one. I'm sure he thought I was insane, no idea why 😆😆😆

It's not quite the same just downloading it online.

I know right. LOL And I am thoroughly enjoying this expansion. I haven't got anything else done and its midday. :)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,433 Member

My save is in the middle of winter as well -- good thing is that it seems like the new oversized crops grow regardless of season, and I built a small greenhouse for the seasonal plants (once my gardener Sim is high enough level I'll have her graft some of the plants together to save space, like put all the herbs on one plant and maybe group some of the berries together that are the same season). My primary farming Sim is a teenager (she lives with her little brother and their adoptive mom) so it's hard to juggle caring for the livestock, taking care of the garden, and schoolwork. Her brother has actually been autonomously watering plants, as does their mom, so that helps a bit; love that children can now help with gardening!

Re: cooking -- it would be nice to be able to sort by recipe type (meat/fish/vegetarian/etc.), and if you have the Simple Living lot challenge turned on, sort by what recipes you have the ingredients for.

Now this would be a good idea. A sort function or filter would be very welcome at this point. Filter by recipe type like you say would be awesome. On top of that it would be great to filter cakes or meals.
    And a filter by pack to check what recipes my sims have already learned. There are so many unlocked recipes if you have several packs (dine out, city living, jungle adventure and batuu) it is hard to keep track of what they have learned already.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,893 Member
    @Ellupelluellu your penthouse farm is amazing!
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

f147e33504ebda6a148651f9b7663e7dd1c6053a.png

8cf4f0cc8e4383b0fa299f1dfff27e369cd1e29b.png

6d0bfa4b6c88fd7d509bc89637dfcf65f86997da.png

We are farming in Oasis Springs. I just needed some sun :)

I like building a huge lot with everything I need on it and then letting my sims just stay there for a while. Still finishing up on the landscaping and decorating but now the big parts is pretty much done. This save has a Batuu-influence, so there will be quite a bit of droids and mech stuff. Cows and chickens fit right in here as well. You don't take the speeder to the store every day after all. So we will see just how much we can get done on our own here.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,938 Member

@simgirl1010 , Thanks :) Hehe, at least the Llama is happy :p
    ISC5Gwl.png
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Question sort of: So the animal shed feed box is full but still have to click on Llama and pay 4 simoleans to feed him?
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Question sort of: So the animal shed feed box is full but still have to click on Llama and pay 4 simoleans to feed him?

They'll eat some, but you can feed them extra... and I've had a couple of times when my llama didn't eat despite there being food in the shed.
  • Options
    @DaWaterRat Thank you. I wondered as I had a full bin and yet my LLama was starving. Will have to watch more closely now.
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,681 Member
    @DaWaterRat Thank you. I wondered as I had a full bin and yet my LLama was starving. Will have to watch more closely now.

Assuming the extra §4 feeding has a better effect on relation. Not sure, but I don't see any other reason to hand feed the animals.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,784 Member
    edited July 2021
    Five builds completed and five more to go. Four families placed with three more to go. I've had the chance to play a little bit as I'm placing families. Watching the rabbits burrow in and out of holes is so enjoyable. I can't believe they can come up through a hole and then go back into it. :smiley:

Moran family; their twin girls just went to school. The bunnies are every where and I love it.
    Rabbits.jpg

I'm looking forward to playing once I get all the builds and families placed.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I am having the best time ever with this pack. Rubbing bunny tummies, hugging the llama (I don't have a cow yet), cross stitching, and just living a peaceful life. It's awesome!
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    The chickens are great. Worried me did put up a gate so that they wouldn't go off the property. At least I've given them access to the whole property on all of my builds though.
    Chicken Run.

This is Janet. Janet loves her jogs in the evenings. She needs to stay in shape for her handsome husband Benedict. Both (and the rest of Benedict's harem) live just up the road, enjoying the good life.

Janet01.jpg

Janet's planning to post the following pictures on Twitter. She strongly believes that it's the only social media platform suitable for birds and hot chicks like herself. What do you think?
    Janet02.jpg
    Janet03.jpg

Indeed, I dedicated a couple of hours to the latest EP yesterday and I spent a huge amount of that time chasing this girl with my camera. I also listened to the sound of chickens talking in their sleep during the night. These details just crack me up. That's right...it takes very little... :D

My dear chickens live in a coop at the back of a 64x64 lot and they still manage to roam and run beyond the front of the lot. This is great and pretty impressive! The chickens are already my favorite feature of this pack and I haven't done anything else besides getting acquainted to a hot tempered vixen. The world is stunning and I'm looking forward to meeting them little bunny guys and the rest of the animals!
    Very inspiring so far.

I'm wondering how far will the chickens travel. Would they go the distance of any Sim walking around the area.

When I placed one of my families, I had them order some groceries and the teen grocery deliver boy stayed for dinner. I really like the small town close-knit community feeling of Cottage Living.
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
  • Options

In all the years I’ve been playing TS4, I’ve never once taken a Sim child to the bar. Yet, for some reason with Cottage Living, I just feel like I can plan Saturday or Sunday morning family events at the pub. Cottage Living is now my #1 favorite pack.

Pub-5.jpg

Pub-6-Kids-Movie.jpg

Pub-8.jpg

Now, if I can only figure out this pond tool so that I can place a nice one in front of one of my builds.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top