Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 sounding worse everyday 😑 UPDATE 7/24/21

15678911...Next

Comments

• Options
    Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    Unfortunately I don't think I'll be buying this game. Especially if there's a multiplayer aspect to it. For me the Sims is my way of escaping reality and avoiding having to speak to people. Certainly wouldn't want that as part of the game itself.
    It took me long enough to cave in and buy the Sims 4. I still don't have all of the expansion and stuff packs yet due to them being so expensive, I only buy on sale.
  • Options
    DCMarbausDCMarbaus Posts: 25 Member
    Maxis devs. I know you guys are not the ones I started with, way back on your first game release, but I was there buying with anticipation. Different times for sure. I remember and know the concepts you struggled to accomplish with each release. I often had to 'explain' what kind of games Maxis delivered on, and would often demonstrate having peers come over and 'try the game out' as was done for me.

You guys are way off the rail on this. I, like many of my friends who like this genre, are not interested in any kind of online multiplayer aspect in this type of game. There are games some of us like that are online or multi-player, but this game is absolutely not one of them. It has always been savored as a type of 'refuge' from the online jitter. When we just wanted to 'chill' and play, this was the game to 'go to' to detach from it all and enjoy a 'vacation from the online multiplayer' communities. That is to say those, of my friends, that actually play multiplayer games online at all.

Make this game what it is 'suppose to be like' and if you don't know what that is, find and hire those that do - else they will be your competition and will have my total support.

I expect innovation, not marketization. You guys know better.
    ---
    I know I have wasted my time writing this, as they will not likely read it. They never do. I just have to write it so that I can show others that 'I was right again'... and so that I can actually laugh instead of being sad about it when it happens. It's a shame really. So much resource at their fingertips only to make something that few will care to remember.

I'll check in in a year or two, like I always do, but I hardly expect anything to change of their current course.
    ---
    Surprise me Maxis, like you did with your first few games. Make me believe that there is something worth the effort of my attention(and $). Don't resort to fill in your failures with dlc, gimmicks and online features. Just make this next game an innovative simulation game of it's time. That's all that is needed, all that is likely wanted but the silent majority - as I tend to belong to.
  • Options
    Justa_G00fJusta_G00f Posts: 1,075 Member
    Here's the bad aspect of online multi-player games... I'll use Grand Theft Auto as an example.

GTA has a few cheat programs that you can purchase online. Now, cheating is one thing. But, these programs also display EVERY single players IP address that is logged into the game. Even if you're in single player mode. This gives anyone a direct connection to your PC and the ability to avoid detection by antivirus, anti-malware and VPN software, if they know what they're doing. I found this out the hard way and had 28 viruses and malware removed from my pc, had to block remote access to it and, had to change my bank account number to put a stop to unauthorized purchases and address changes. I also physically disconnected my laptop camera and mic so they would stop trying to access them.
    I see no reason this couldn't happen with any online game. If the FBI and CIA are getting hacked and large corporations are paying ransomware to avoid bankruptcy, I CERTAINLY don't trust EA or Maxis to safeguard my info. GTA doesn't care and nobody's doing anything about it.

So, you might want to think twice if you think YOUR online game isn't that way. This is the unfortunate future we face.
    SAY NO TO SIMS 5 ONLINE!
    How your Sims builds show your meds' effectiveness

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    I don't want Sims 5 to be an MMO. I WOULD like a co-op option so I can JUST play with people who are actually my friends. It still needs to have a single player, offline mode.
  • Options
    SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    The latest bit of info posted here a few days ago confuses me. Some of the job posting info we've been seeing might be for this new game that might not be TS5. Or, the new IP might actually be TS5, with the series being rebranded somehow.

But none of that impacts my general expectation for TS5. Whatever it is, it will be heavily online focused. The statements that have been made about TS5 are clear that significant elements of TSO will be incorporated into it, with competitive play of some sort, and lots of social interaction between players.
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    edited July 2021
    SimSpock wrote: »
    The latest bit of info posted here a few days ago confuses me. Some of the job posting info we've been seeing might be for this new game that might not be TS5. Or, the new IP might actually be TS5, with the series being rebranded somehow.

But none of that impacts my general expectation for TS5. Whatever it is, it will be heavily online focused. The statements that have been made about TS5 are clear that significant elements of TSO will be incorporated into it, with competitive play of some sort, and lots of social interaction between players.

I just read the new information, it's definitely a whole new IP, not Sims 5 from the looks of it. Looks like they might be making a spin-off simulation game as well. Says "new environments" and the photo has a galaxy type background. I agree with everyone in that Twitter thread that it's possibly a space-themed spin-off. All speculation of course, but it seems to point that direction with what little information there is.

Edit to add from the post:
    - It’s a Simulation HD Game (PC / Consoles)
    - Developed / Prototyped in Unreal Engine 4
    - The game features a “3D Menu Navigation”
    - Includes “Super Abilities”
    - Comes with “Co-Op Player vs Environment” Events

• Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

I just read the new information, it's definitely a whole new IP, not Sims 5 from the looks of it. Looks like they might be making a spin-off simulation game as well. Says "new environments" and the photo has a galaxy type background. I agree with everyone in that Twitter thread that it's possibly a space-themed spin-off. All speculation of course, but it seems to point that direction with what little information there is.

Edit to add from the post:
    - It’s a Simulation HD Game (PC / Consoles)
    - Developed / Prototyped in Unreal Engine 4
    - The game features a “3D Menu Navigation”
    - Includes “Super Abilities”
    - Comes with “Co-Op Player vs Environment” Events

Ooo I'm actually excited. I love sci fi stuff even though I barely play with occults in sims 4. And I think im more interested because it's a simulation game but also seems like it's gonna include some multi-player aspects.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member

I could imagine that they are prepping Sims 5 but whether or not the job postings are about it is unclear. 🤷🏼‍♂️
    It must take time to start implementing the foundations of the game and which engine to use. All the other Sims games were made whilst the current ones were active.

I’m wondering if they couldn’t just keep updating one version and just add to it but would that be profitable for them? 🤔

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited July 2021
    EA I DONT WANT TO PLAY WITH OTHER PEOPLE. STOP FORCING MULTIPLAYER DOWN OUR THROATS.

At this point they are just dumb. They don't want to learn from their mistakes, but anyway karma is gonna hit them hard. Paralives eye siding
    Lu4ERme.gif