Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The new food delivery system is already broken

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Imagebear wrote: »
    The customer is the tester and that is with most games not just EA/Maxis but some companies are quicker to to address problems(Not EA/Maxis).

Is that true ? I thought there's something ea playtesting something ?
    roggek wrote: »
    This question is really triggering me, do they even test the game? I find it flabbergasting how a brand new feature can be broken the day it is released. And this is not the first time something like that happens.

No, The EA Gamechangers on Youtube just was speedbuilding new cottages and adore (awww...) the birds, rabbits and chickens...

So probably no beta input to EA from them...

I think game changer are supposed to be the tester yet when they did encountered the bug in they video , they will only said hope it fixed in the official patch . I don't think they did give feedback ....

If you look at it why are people having so much problems now and if EA/Maxis did playtest it thoughly they would fix the bugs before putting the game in the wild. Looking at how this game works bugs may be triggered by certain actions in which not everyone may not trigger an bug until that certain routine is done. So in some essence the end users will run into them. and that is with any game but what makes an company good is how soon they address those issues and I see it in other companies but not EA/Maxis. It should not take long to address the issues or most of them anyway. The problem Imo they keep feeding the problem by putting out packs w/o fixing what needs fixing and it adds up over time. So again the customer is the guinea pig.

And it doesn't help that this game has one of the most sugar coating ''gaming'' community ever...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    My story is a tad different. My Sim found the bag of items on the porch. I just never saw the deliverer. Instead, I got a notice that nobody was around when he delivered it, so he left it on the porch. Now I have to wonder why only two items out of the several were the only ones in said bag? Were they stolen? Did the deliverer help himself? She paid out around §400+ for this order, too. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Don't worry I'm sure they'll fix it in time for Christmas ;)
  • Options
    Simcity_TrainsSimcity_Trains Posts: 107 Member
    @Onverser I doubt EA just gonna be like buy our Dlc after AFTER DLC
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I have CL, and the grocery delivery person doesn't show up at all. (I added it to the official bug report.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Imagebear wrote: »
    The customer is the tester and that is with most games not just EA/Maxis but some companies are quicker to to address problems(Not EA/Maxis).

Is that true ? I thought there's something ea playtesting something ?
    roggek wrote: »
    This question is really triggering me, do they even test the game? I find it flabbergasting how a brand new feature can be broken the day it is released. And this is not the first time something like that happens.

No, The EA Gamechangers on Youtube just was speedbuilding new cottages and adore (awww...) the birds, rabbits and chickens...

So probably no beta input to EA from them...

I think game changer are supposed to be the tester yet when they did encountered the bug in they video , they will only said hope it fixed in the official patch . I don't think they did give feedback ....

If you look at it why are people having so much problems now and if EA/Maxis did playtest it thoughly they would fix the bugs before putting the game in the wild. Looking at how this game works bugs may be triggered by certain actions in which not everyone may not trigger an bug until that certain routine is done. So in some essence the end users will run into them. and that is with any game but what makes an company good is how soon they address those issues and I see it in other companies but not EA/Maxis. It should not take long to address the issues or most of them anyway. The problem Imo they keep feeding the problem by putting out packs w/o fixing what needs fixing and it adds up over time. So again the customer is the guinea pig.

And it doesn't help that this game has one of the most sugar coating ''gaming'' community ever...

So True.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Either they will fix it or they will take the feature out of base game and say there has been a mistake because it was supposed to be included exclusively in CoL. You know. Just saying.
    bug.jpg
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    @DoloresGrey I would rather eat scrap cz look at my username
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I'm so happy they fixed it.
  • Options
    It's fixed but my simbot would rather eat scrap or hot dogs from the food truck near his apartment
  • Options
    The grocery delivery still isn't fixed. They never show up at all. There's a new bug open. I wouldn't usually care, but I'm trying to get two bottles of milk for the grocery stall owner (I don't understand why she can't get milk, since she's, you know, the grocery stall, but that's her issue). I'm about to give up and buy a cow, which seems a rather extreme length to go to do someone a favour.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    edited July 2021
    The delivery man does now comes with the order but there is nothing I can do with it except Place in inventory or Place in the world. So it is only half fixed.
    Post edited by Ziafar on
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2021
    The grocery delivery still isn't fixed. They never show up at all. There's a new bug open. I wouldn't usually care, but I'm trying to get two bottles of milk for the grocery stall owner (I don't understand why she can't get milk, since she's, you know, the grocery stall, but that's her issue). I'm about to give up and buy a cow, which seems a rather extreme length to go to do someone a favour.

Are you using the private dwelling lot trait? I forgot I had it, but once I removed it I could get deliveries.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    IceyJ wrote: »

Are you using the private dwelling lot trait? I forgot I had it, but once I removed it I could get deliveries.

I am! I will try removing it. I wondered if it might be my Fort Knox security to keep other Sims from wandering all over my property. (Even with Private Dwelling, they like to stop and chat on my lot, or use my chess table, so I surround the place with a fence, leaving the mail and trash outside so that NPCs can deliver the mail and collect knock my trash over.)

Editing to add: Yes! This worked. Milk delivered, turned over to the grocery stall. Barn upgrade piece secured. Thank you!
    Post edited by invisiblgirl on