Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kits kits kits kits

I thought the idea of kits being in the sims 4 meant we would be getting them regularly/more frequently in between long waiting times I was really excited about this being a regular thing getting little pieces here and there.

Comments

• Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I like them too and don't mind spending 5 bucks on something even if it turns out I really don't like it.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2021
    Exactly! They should be pumping out Kits frequently in all types of themes for $5 a pop! Take my money! Give me frequent content!
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    Yes for sure! I thought they would come every month but nope. Still hoping for oranges and corn to harvest.
    More kitchen appliances like another functional tea pot,smoothies machine,
    updated coffee machine, more stereo, TV, and night clothes.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I am also fine with the kit concept. I'd be fine with multiple ones being released at once and picking whatever concept I like best.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Yeah, I find them to be fun bits of content and I like that they're super niche so if it's not for someone, they don't have to feel it needs bought.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    We do get them frequently. We've had four since they introduced them. But we also got a ton of free updates to base game, along the way, and naturally they wanted to highlight the big ticket packs. I am sure there will be more.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yeah bring on the kits!!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    babytesbabytes Posts: 100 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Exactly! They should be pumping out Kits frequently in all types of themes for $5 a pop! Take my money! Give me frequent content!
    Omg yes like let me get new content without the long wait ,patch’s aren’t really anything new they mostly are just fixes for stuff we already got , also I thought when they announced new kits it would be available like Now but they announce it and then it’s like another wait.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    I agree. I haven't bought any yet simply because I don't like the ones they've released so far, but the potential is there
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited July 2021
    There was an old poll where you could guess how many kits Maxis would make in a year, I guessed six I think. I don't think that they will make more than that.

They still have to make SP's, GP's and EP's as well. Which I honestly would prefer them to do instead of making kits, I have not been convinced by the ones they have made yet.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    They seems to think they shouldn't be releasing kits when there is a big pack coming out. Never mind that TS3 store always released new content, regardless of if a new EP is coming out. Aurora Skies (the Gold version cost as much as a whole EP) for example was released less than two weeks from University Life.

Considering how easy it is to make kits, three months without a single kit would simply be pathetic.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    We do get them frequently. We've had four since they introduced them. But we also got a ton of free updates to base game, along the way, and naturally they wanted to highlight the big ticket packs. I am sure there will be more.

I'm with Sindocat on this. Updates, bug fixes, and that has been quite impressive.

For kits? Honestly I haven't bought any yet. The one with dust bunnies should probably have been a "stuff pack".

A bit off the kit topic, but I'll say this now. The "Dream Homes" pack I find the worst of all the major packs so far (ok to be fair the 'least best'), though the "Cottage Living" is excellent and makes up for that.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    CASim1000CASim1000 Posts: 21 Member
    Stuff Packs still exist? Was there an official announcement? I liked them a lot...
  • Options
    Genie1221Genie1221 Posts: 223 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    For kits? Honestly I haven't bought any yet. The one with dust bunnies should probably have been a "stuff pack".

Really? All it had in it was 2 types of upright vacuums and 2 types of handheld vacuums and you want to pay double the price of a kit for that?

As for the idea of Kits, I love it. I want kits for:

1. More flowers and bushes and trees and green plants for the garden. With more garden deco items.

2. A salt and pepper shaker kit filled with a bunch of different collectable shaker sets, like a set of bunny's, cows, llama's, chicken and rooster, cats, dogs, song birds, freezer bunny, yamachan, snowman & woman, frogs, etc... (collecting salt and pepper shakers is a thing.. google it!)

3. Curtains and window covers and window clings/stickers. We have some windows that have nothing that fits on them, also, window clings/stickers would be nice... kids are always putting them on their windows.. but these could easily also go on walls, doors (yes, I said what I said! why not make it so they can be put on the door and become part of the door so they don't block or hinder sims from using the door? Also, they could go on the refrigerator, too... becoming part of the item so as not to block the sims using it and to remove them, you can click on the item and a new option could exist to either "add sticker" or "remove sticker" and then finally the kids drawings could also be put on the refrigerator! and then maybe add some magnet sets that could also be put on the fridge... but come with a toddler and child use item as well so they could play with them in their bedrooms and learn skills.

4. Jewelry. More of everything! More earrings. More body piercings. More necklaces. More rings. More bracelets and especially more watches! And make it so we can put every ring and every bracelet on either the right or left hand! And I want ankle bracelets and toe rings, too!

5. A whole kit of stacks of books. Neatly arranged sets, sloppy sets, horizontal and vertically stacked books. Old books, new books, toddler books, books for teens. Stacks of magazines. Stacks of news papers. Research books and romance novel books. Biographies and books on nature. And photo albums! Yes, photo albums! I know, I know... but hear me out... with the Country Kitchen Kit and Cottage Living Expansion... I feel if you go to visit Grandma, she isn't going to pop out her cell phone and start showing you pictures... she is pulling out that massive photo album and sharing all the pictures she has spent a lifetime compiling in that photo album... and you can't escape it! She's gonna plunk that album onto your lap when she sits down beside you and you are basically her prisoner for the next couple of hours as she regales you with stories about each photo. That's right, you little whipper-snapper... you're gonna hear all about how Grandpa went fishing on their 10th anniversary and how she thought that he forgot, but he brought home the best fish dinner and flowers for her!

6. More Modular shelf systems! With color swatches and styles that match current living room and den/study sets in the game.

7. Bicycle! Bicycle! More bicycle's! And skate boards and roller blades my sim can wear anywhere and anytime. Why can't my sim roller blade to work or the store?

8. Culture Kits. The Courtyard Oasis is a nice start but many, many more of these, please!

9. Clothing Style Kits. The Throwback Fit Kit is... a start. But how about kits based on current styles as they are current? You have worked with Brand names in the past... why not make a kit based on actual clothing so our sims can dress like us?

10. Big, Corporate Name Kits. Such as:
    a. McDonalds Kit. With a completely built restaurant and all the build item stuff in it, the menu/food & drink items, the uniforms, etc...
    b. Burger King Kit. With a completely built restaurant and all the build item stuff in it, the menu/food & drink items, the uniforms, etc...
    c. (Name of business here) Kit. With a completely built restaurant and all the build item stuff in it, the menu/food & drink items, the uniforms, etc...
    And the best part of this is, you could have it so that when my sims visits, say McDonalds and the McRib is back on the menu... it's because it's back on the menu at actual McDonalds restaurants and I can run out and get me one! These big corporations should be willing to help pay for the development of these kits because they would become a source of permanent, constant advertisement!
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,975 Member
    Genie1221 wrote: »

Really? All it had in it was 2 types of upright vacuums and 2 types of handheld vacuums and you want to pay double the price of a kit for that?

As for the idea of Kits, I love it. I want kits for:

1. More flowers and bushes and trees and green plants for the garden. With more garden deco items.

2. A salt and pepper shaker kit filled with a bunch of different collectable shaker sets, like a set of bunny's, cows, llama's, chicken and rooster, cats, dogs, song birds, freezer bunny, yamachan, snowman & woman, frogs, etc... (collecting salt and pepper shakers is a thing.. google it!)

3. Curtains and window covers and window clings/stickers. We have some windows that have nothing that fits on them, also, window clings/stickers would be nice... kids are always putting them on their windows.. but these could easily also go on walls, doors (yes, I said what I said! why not make it so they can be put on the door and become part of the door so they don't block or hinder sims from using the door? Also, they could go on the refrigerator, too... becoming part of the item so as not to block the sims using it and to remove them, you can click on the item and a new option could exist to either "add sticker" or "remove sticker" and then finally the kids drawings could also be put on the refrigerator! and then maybe add some magnet sets that could also be put on the fridge... but come with a toddler and child use item as well so they could play with them in their bedrooms and learn skills.

4. Jewelry. More of everything! More earrings. More body piercings. More necklaces. More rings. More bracelets and especially more watches! And make it so we can put every ring and every bracelet on either the right or left hand! And I want ankle bracelets and toe rings, too!

5. A whole kit of stacks of books. Neatly arranged sets, sloppy sets, horizontal and vertically stacked books. Old books, new books, toddler books, books for teens. Stacks of magazines. Stacks of news papers. Research books and romance novel books. Biographies and books on nature. And photo albums! Yes, photo albums! I know, I know... but hear me out... with the Country Kitchen Kit and Cottage Living Expansion... I feel if you go to visit Grandma, she isn't going to pop out her cell phone and start showing you pictures... she is pulling out that massive photo album and sharing all the pictures she has spent a lifetime compiling in that photo album... and you can't escape it! She's gonna plunk that album onto your lap when she sits down beside you and you are basically her prisoner for the next couple of hours as she regales you with stories about each photo. That's right, you little whipper-snapper... you're gonna hear all about how Grandpa went fishing on their 10th anniversary and how she thought that he forgot, but he brought home the best fish dinner and flowers for her!

6. More Modular shelf systems! With color swatches and styles that match current living room and den/study sets in the game.

7. Bicycle! Bicycle! More bicycle's! And skate boards and roller blades my sim can wear anywhere and anytime. Why can't my sim roller blade to work or the store?

8. Culture Kits. The Courtyard Oasis is a nice start but many, many more of these, please!

9. Clothing Style Kits. The Throwback Fit Kit is... a start. But how about kits based on current styles as they are current? You have worked with Brand names in the past... why not make a kit based on actual clothing so our sims can dress like us?

10. Big, Corporate Name Kits. Such as:
    a. McDonalds Kit. With a completely built restaurant and all the build item stuff in it, the menu/food & drink items, the uniforms, etc...
    b. Burger King Kit. With a completely built restaurant and all the build item stuff in it, the menu/food & drink items, the uniforms, etc...
    c. (Name of business here) Kit. With a completely built restaurant and all the build item stuff in it, the menu/food & drink items, the uniforms, etc...
    And the best part of this is, you could have it so that when my sims visits, say McDonalds and the McRib is back on the menu... it's because it's back on the menu at actual McDonalds restaurants and I can run out and get me one! These big corporations should be willing to help pay for the development of these kits because they would become a source of permanent, constant advertisement!

I love many of your suggestions!

I would love stacks of books and newspapers too, of course I would love them to bring back the newspaper delivery too. With stacks of books, I believe they should be able to act as a bookshelf. Also, there should be stacks for the floor as well as stacks for tables, coffee tables,counters, desks et.

I’m always wanting more jewelry, and even some pretty tatoo’s. The most beautiful tattoo I ever saw was on a woman’s shoulder….. it was flowers in an array of oranges, and pinks with green stems. Some more shoulderless clothes for that type of tattoo would also be welcome.

Love the idea of being able to put children’s artwork on refidgerators. I also wish we could frame their artwork to put on tables, shelves, etc.

My favorite part of DHD is the modular shelves and floor items. PLEASE, PLEASE, make more of these to fit existing basegame and packs!!

Rather than more adult bicycles I would rather see some packs for kids,… children’s bicycles, toddlers trikes, childrens and teens skateboards.

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    I beg to differ. I personally wouldn't mind at all if they abandoned the kit system.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    If we are to keep on having them would prefer ones that give our sims more to do. Borrowing from TS2: plumbing items and counter tops needed cleaning much more often that TS4 ones do, so why not increase it back to that level? Washing windows, sewing machine, pottery wheel, cars to fix and use or sell, hedges, shrubs and bushes got scruffy so sims needed to get out the trimmer and trim them, said scruffies generated weeds that needed pulling. From RL: use of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and pitchforks for some sorts of gardening, watering the lawns via a hose, for those who have pools, cleaning them. Not sure this is possible, but when changing wall patterns, have the sims actually put up the wall paper or do the painting.
  • Options
    @Genie1221 I have bought the Oasis one and the Kitchen one now. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Beautiful long flowing hair like CC. For those off us who don't use CC but want LONG hair.
  • Options
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    Beautiful long flowing hair like CC. For those off us who don't use CC but want LONG hair.

Actually, a "hair" kit could be interesting! :)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Kits have turned out to be rather disappointing. I thought we would get some fun items that our sims could use but all they are is boring building and decorating packs that do nothing for the game outside of build and buy mode.
  • Options
    adpfeiferadpfeifer Posts: 4 New Member
    I love kits when they add GAMEPLAY! That was the one thing I really didn't mind about The Sims 3 store or kits now. I want gameplay!
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited August 2021
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Kits have turned out to be rather disappointing. I thought we would get some fun items that our sims could use but all they are is boring building and decorating packs that do nothing for the game outside of build and buy mode.

This is why I thought the next kit would be CAS. Along the lines of summer outfits or the like. Maybe some new sunglasses, beach balls etc.
    For a ‘Summer of Sims’, the only summer related pack was Oasis Courtyard Kit.

(Gameplay themes require more time so I wasn’t expecting that.)

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    yeah and I thought we would have ware wolves and fairies by now except we get more S4 useless packs that you play a few hours and wish you didn't buy it
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • Options
    SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    Behappy1st wrote: »

Actually, a "hair" kit could be interesting! :)

I wanted to post exactly this, a Hair Kit!!