Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you buying Cottage Living?

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    scoed1227 wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I am going to buy it as soon as any major bugs are squished and I have heard from the forum that things are ok. Playing with mods slows things down.

I am very excited about it and look forward to playing with it :)

Didn’t feel like any of the options meant waiting for major bugs to be dealt with. I am confident that I am going to get it. Not sure when however.
    And can break a few things in the game. This is why I don't play The Sims with mods or CC's anymore.

Funny thing is the updates break the game more often than mods. Most active modders fix their mods within a week or so, EA has bugs nearly as old as the game itself.
    That's so very true.
  • Options
    shenandoah_valleshenandoah_valle Posts: 20 Member
    Yes, on release day/pre-ordering
    Yes! Will be buying it on the day, I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a pack
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited July 2021
    Yes, but waiting for a sale
    I only buy packs on sale. It's going to be hard cause I'm so excited!!!! :# But I need to save money. :/
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    JasGabrielleJasGabrielle Posts: 17 Member
    The trailers and early access gameplays look really nice. And as silly as it may sound I've been living on a farmhouse the past year and now I'm off to another country and will be missing it dearly. Which is why I will buy this pack and recreate everything and go to my happy place :blush:
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    I manged to talk myself down to "waiting for sale." Also, I kinda want knitting to go with the cross-stiching so I plan on finishing off my stuff pack collection first. Just need Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living and Luxury Party.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    OK, I've justified it in my mind so I have pre-ordered it! I'm gonna have my own Rainbow Cow!
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Maybe, waiting for more info
    I have now watched all the trailers including the game changers own "we built this" uploads and honestly it has made me less and less interested for every trailer. Unfortunately.

So again, this will definitely be the absolute first Expansion Pack for the Sims 4 i won't be buying.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I have now watched all the trailers including the game changers own "we built this" uploads and honestly it has made me less and less interested for every trailer. Unfortunately.

So again, this will definitely be the absolute first Expansion Pack for the Sims 4 i won't be buying.

I’m still not sure. I don’t know how I’ll choose.🤷🏼‍♂️

To help, I’ve renovated the upper neighbourhood of Windenburg and downloaded a cottage from the gallery and see if I like the cottage life. I’ve placed the cottage x3 and just edited each one to be different depending on the owners.
    Luckily I made The Leaky Cauldron for my Harry Potter save so I’ve put that down.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I will buy but at the cheapest price point and I do like the premise of the pack but enough to pay full price and I am doing it even though I said Sims 4 is done and it still does not have the features I wish to see.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    hotwheelsjillhotwheelsjill Posts: 99 Member
    I really want to. I have been wanting a farming pack for forever! But I play on a laptop, & I’m worried that all the content will make my game crash. For those who are buying, are any of you playing on a laptop? Do you think it’ll run okay?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    edited July 2021
    @hotwheelsjill you might want to check out this thread. 🙂

I play on a laptop with no problems.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/987910/laptop-or-desktop/p1
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    No, it doesn't interest me
    I actually enjoyed the EA Live walkthrough - watched a few game changers vids and not too impressed with them. Perhaps because they recorded them in March, which is good that they had a few months from the game changers playing the game til launch to squash bugs. But, I'll wait until LGR reviews it and Kevin plays it before I can fully assess if this pack is a good pack to consider purchasing or if it will break my heart like EL did with deal buster features like the 3 NAPs that offend me.

All in all from the walk through it really looks like a true expansion to the game. Glad children can garden and that that is a base game feature. And quite surprised that they are releasing all of the pond goodies to base game.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited July 2021
    Just pre-ordered my PS4 copy today. Funny thing is that Cottage Living is the first Sims 4 add-on that Sony has featured on the Add-ons main menu of the Playstation store for Sims 4 in a long time.
  • Options
    chesscaribouchesscaribou Posts: 2 New Member
    Definitely!... waiting to Bundle it with dream designer ^_^'
  • Options
    ScarletSinsScarletSins Posts: 23 Member
    5 minutes of download time left. I had to work today so I am getting started late but I have the next 5 whole days off!
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    No, it doesn't interest me
    I was considering getting it on sale, or maybe in a bundle with Paranormal and DHD, but honestly I'm convinced it's just fluff and "cute" animals.

I'm going to keep exploring the game as-is, learn new secrets, and go to Sulani when I feel for a beautiful backdrop, Granite Falls for the natural aspect, and get a pet when I'm down for cuteness I can't control.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I pre-ordered mine from Best Buy, which was nearly 25 percent less than the regular price. I thought I might have to wait a few extra days, but I was pleasantly surprised to find, after coming home from work, that the game arrived today! ☺️ I don't think I'll be able to do a proper play until the weekend though, but at least I finally got to check out the BB and CAS items. Tomorrow night I hope to be able to finish the lots and households I've been working on by using items from this pack.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I was going to wait for a sale, but I decided to take a chance and buy it now after watching a ton of GC videos. I'm very happy I didn't wait after playing for ten-plus hours. I haven't had this much fun with a new pack in years.
  • Options
    Pipkin08Pipkin08 Posts: 65 Member
    Anyone else still not able to download Cottage Living. Its 6:45PM Western Standard Time (Perth). I am aware of the tech issues but can't find any update as to when will be available.
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    Other: No. It interests me greatly but TS4 does not. So none for me, sadly.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    Normally can never afford to buy packs at full price and wait for sales. This pack has a novelty value for me though (being British myself) and was really excited for it to come out.
    I haven't actually played on it for too long, today is the first day that I can sit down and play uninterrupted. So far I haven't encountered any lagging or anything like that. The pack has also met my expectations and I especially love the new recipes such as crumpets and Yorkshire puddings, that did make me smile.
  • Options
    IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    edited July 2021
    I was going to wait for a sale but I bought it and Dream Home Decorator on Amazon on Wednesday because I had gift vouchers on my account. I haven't played either yet.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I'll buy it when it's possible to download it. It needs a hotfix.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I preordered however, sadly I haven’t had internet so I can’t download and play but I’m hoping today I can get to it finally!😫
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    So own it & love the pack. Best ever since Get Together. I so love rustic historic play. :p