Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I pre-ordered but the pack is showing I need to buy it again?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    RedShoe7 wrote: »
    I have a download button in origin for Cottage Living but it doesn't do anything.

I had this same problem. I cleared out all my cache files including Origin then restarted my computer and it began downloading once I logged back into Origin. To clear origin cache files go to Your PC/Users/Your name/AppData/Local/Origin/Avatars Cache (this is the one I clear out but I have read you can delete the whole folder)

If this doesn't work you can try Answers EA, there is a thread up about it. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Sims-4-Cottage-Living-expansion-pack-download-failed/td-p/10530016
  • Options
    MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    edited July 2021
    Idk about that internet outage, but I preordered days ago and I just noticed I did get a confirmation email from EA, but there is no preorder in my payment history and I didn't get a confirmation of the order from Paypal. So I think they've been having issues since before that outage. Normally I'd get a 'payment pending' in my payment history at least.

Edit: I'm also not in the US and idk if banks in my country have been affected, but I did have enough money in my account when I bought it, so I assumed the money had been taken out of my account already too, but it hasn't.
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    I have a similar issue, it says it's unlocked, but I can't download even though origin tells me there's new dlc available for download.
    It does show a red circled "i", as in, important info, but it has no tooltip and isn't clickable.

Same here. This morning the world was greyed out on my worlds selection, which was fine. It said it wasn't time yet. Now, when I came home and looked, the world is not there at all though it says I own the game. Makes no sense.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    It's either China or Russia smacked the internet. Hope you folks get it straighten out.
  • Options
    Doxiedog6Doxiedog6 Posts: 47 Member
    I read to restart your computer. It worked for me, others have same issue.