Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dude Ranch Pack Idea

I would love another vacation themed pack. A dude ranch would be great as it gives an opportunity for horses. Many people are requesting generations and more family options and dude ranch vacations work for family activities as well as individual sim activities.

My thoughts
Build- big lodge log cabin theming and glamping
Stable items
Chuck wagon style food stall
Some rustic wedding items

Activities

Horses- learn horseback riding, equestrian skill, opportunity to compete similar to sims 3, riding trails, opportunity to own stables and teach riding/skill basically fully fleshed out horses.

Trails- multiple trails similar to snowy escape that can be hiked, taken by horse, or mountain bikes. Trails would lead to a ghost town type area, an area with a swimmable waterfall pool, and one that goes to a beautiful vista with a lot.

Hayrides/wagon rides

Tire swings, potato sack races, slides, family board games,

Petting zoo- goats, ponies,

Larger campfires where at night everyone gathers around and tells stories and makes s'mores

Overnight pack trips

Fly fishing

Archery

Canoeing on a lake

Bikes/family bikes/mountain biking

Food- table that allows for large family style meals with bbq type items
-bbq smoker
- cooking classes

Comments

• Options
    EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited July 2021
    I love your idea and everything about it! Great suggestions!
    Post edited by EliteGirl on
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I've been binge watching Yellowstone... now I'm thinking they should also add a cowboy career and maybe even feuds lol
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    MichelleW wrote: »
    I've been binge watching Yellowstone... now I'm thinking they should also add a cowboy career and maybe even feuds lol

Don’t forget cowgirls too. And thieves as well as places to find gold such as the creek and gold mines (think the PC game Yukon Trail, but without the traveling, getting a lot of supplies and injuries).
  • Options
    EliteGirl wrote: »
    MichelleW wrote: »

Don’t forget cowgirls too. And thieves as well as places to find gold such as the creek and gold mines (think the PC game Yukon Trail).

Yesssssss! All that.

I wasn't sure if cowboy was a gender neutral term lol, I thought about it, I know it ends in boy but I really wasn't sure. I guess I could have gone with wrangler 🤷🏽‍♀️ but yes, all genders for sure.
  • Options
    sims4_packideassims4_packideas Posts: 7 New Member
    Oooooo maybe we could collab and share ideas!!! I honestly had a very similar idea to this (here it is)

Ok so I was thinking and now that the cottage living is coming out we could include another farm animal such as horses. I was putting together an idea where theres a new world with three areas of land.

Land 1: A wild west themed one, cowboys, goldmining, saloons, pistols, deserts which you can move in and try not suffer from heat and lack or water and more

Land 2: Similar to the cottage living but there's a forrest that surrounds it that is inhabited by faries, elves, pixies and what not. There's horse trecks and rivers that you can walk across etc.

Land 3: Its not exactly a land based on a town but more of a riding academy. Sims are able to board at the academy, buy their own horse, compete against other simd and learn jumps, dressage, barrel racing and what not.

In Land 3 theirs a few houses scattered around but mostly its the academy and a competing area for competition. Lanf 1 and 2 have a set rivalry and most of it comes down to riding to see who's the best.

I have soooooooo many more ideas for this but I don't want to spam anyone XD Let me know if you want to hear them and have any other ideas!!

Oh and of course we can't forget about the horses!!!

Also if u see this around ive already posted it but I only just saw your idea!!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Oooooo maybe we could collab and share ideas!!! I honestly had a very similar idea to this (here it is)

Ok so I was thinking and now that the cottage living is coming out we could include another farm animal such as horses. I was putting together an idea where theres a new world with three areas of land.

Land 1: A wild west themed one, cowboys, goldmining, saloons, pistols, deserts which you can move in and try not suffer from heat and lack or water and more

Land 2: Similar to the cottage living but there's a forrest that surrounds it that is inhabited by faries, elves, pixies and what not. There's horse trecks and rivers that you can walk across etc.

Land 3: Its not exactly a land based on a town but more of a riding academy. Sims are able to board at the academy, buy their own horse, compete against other simd and learn jumps, dressage, barrel racing and what not.

In Land 3 theirs a few houses scattered around but mostly its the academy and a competing area for competition. Lanf 1 and 2 have a set rivalry and most of it comes down to riding to see who's the best.

I have soooooooo many more ideas for this but I don't want to spam anyone XD Let me know if you want to hear them and have any other ideas!!

Oh and of course we can't forget about the horses!!!

Also if u see this around ive already posted it but I only just saw your idea!!!!

People already did suggest fairies and other creatures. No offense, but I don’t think it will work in a Western theme expansion/game/stuff pack. In this thread, we are discussing having a pack that is like your land 1, only WITHOUT elves, pixies and fairies in this pack.
    Post edited by EliteGirl on
  • Options
    They only reason u added the mythology vibe was so it would appeal more to the other players who currently want that. Personally I don't think it works but if its a way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and get what everyone wants I think it could work it may be slightly odd though. I do completely understand where your coming from cause I had the same thought ahaha (sorry if this sounded rude and all I'm not intending it to)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,147 Member
    YES PLEASE!! <3<3<3 I so need a stage wagon, horses, female bonnets, olden days western gear for all ages & males,
    1880's wood off-the-grid telephone & playable typewriter (not a PC), all western lights are off-the-grid,
    western games/festivals, blacksmith, saloon, boarding house (not a Resort), western playable schoolhouse &
    water pistol shootouts. :D:p
  • Options

You're the one who suggested fairies, elves, and pixies in a Western theme world. It just doesn't make sense to me. That's all I was trying to tell you. I guess I didn't make my point clear.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    YES PLEASE!! <3<3<3 I so need a stage wagon, horses, female bonnets, olden days western gear for all ages & males,
    1880's wood off-the-grid telephone & playable typewriter (not a PC), all western lights are off-the-grid,
    western games/festivals, blacksmith, saloon, boarding house (not a Resort), western playable schoolhouse &
    water pistol shootouts. :D:p

I totally like the idea of western games and festivals as well as a boarding house and western schoolhouse and playing with water pistols. As well as the playable typewriter (not a PC, I understand that). And we do need the western gear for MALES and ALL ages, yep.
  • Options
    Ohhhh no you must be misinformed my bad I must not have made it clear! I posted this on a different place and copied and pasted. In that other place they were discussing elves and pixies and what not so I was trying to compromise also the western theme is on a different land section
  • Options
    I'm sorry im not trying to cause an argument I just thought it would be ok to put part of my part out there but thanks for the feedback ill change it immediately!
  • Options
    I think your ideas are great! I don't know that fairies would work well with the version of a dude ranch that I'm thinking. I'm thinking more of an old west mountain yellowstone vibe. Plus I think this would work best as a game pack and not an expansion.
    I don't typically play with occults in the sims so for me the selling factor of a fairy pack would be the world. I think Scotland or Ireland or even Iceland would be great for fairies.
    As for the dude ranch suggestion I think it would be a great opportunity for vacation style play, it would be a fantastic was to introduce horses. I would still like an opportunity to live on/work at/run a ranch but I would likely use it for my sim families to go on vacation.
  • Options
    Part of my thoughts included riding horses on trails. The idea of horses walking through rivers creates a beautiful visual in my mind, I like that idea. Maybe a lake area with a beach as well, riding along the beach 😍
    Gold mining/panning and saloons definitely. Maybe they could also expand on card playing to bring a poker style game to the saloon.