Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What part of the Cottage Living expansion pack are you most excited about?

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    more Build mode tools (including the pond tool)
    I have to go with terrain tools which I will likely find use for in other towns and saves.

In this one, Build/Buy and CAS excite me more than the new game play, but that's fine, too.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited July 2021
    more activities to do for my Sims
    Hardest. Poll. Ever. This was basically throwing a dart. I'm excited about all of it!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    No opinion.
    :/ More not interested I am not into farming or gardening, just not my interest or something came out of snow-white so guessing have to wait for a game pack hopefully something catches my interest.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited July 2021
    cute and adorable aesthetic and environment
    I voted for cute and adorable aesthetic and environment.

I do think it’s going to be gorgeous world. The country village vibe is very strong.

I can’t wait to start seeing it as I want to know how much is playable to set dressing. Also how the fruit and veg fair works. How much is Agnes Crumplebottom involved etc.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    farm animals (chickens, llamas, cows)
    I was afraid this was going to be way too cutesy for my taste with all the bunnies, birdies, chickens, cows and llamas, but after the livestream, I'm all in for this pack. The fox killed and ate a bunny! :o That's when I decided this pack was definitely for me. :D

I hate dogs and cats as pets, dogs are just way too needy and the plum cats I can't train to stay off the kitchen counters so these delightful farm animals are right up my alley. Yes you have to care for them, and that is very detailed...thank heavens. All the crafts are fantastic and I have just the sims to do them all! <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Coraline_029Coraline_029 Posts: 71 Member
    Farm animals of course
  • Options
    JasGabrielleJasGabrielle Posts: 17 Member
    I've been using the island in Windenburg since forever to create an imaginary farm world filled with barns and chicken coops. I am so excited that I don't have to pretend anymore!
  • Options
    Coraline_029Coraline_029 Posts: 71 Member
    To add, I'm also excited about death by chicken 😂
  • Options
    SwanSong93SwanSong93 Posts: 240 Member
    To add, I'm also excited about death by chicken 😂

Death by rabbit too :D
  • Options
    ServalServal Posts: 21 Member
    The fact that I can give a wild bunny a sweater.
  • Options
    waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    No opinion.
    @Serval

Do you need Nifty Knitting stuff pack?
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    The animals, no doubt <3
  • Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    @Serval

No. You can buy animal clothing from the creature keeper.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    @Serval

Not @Serval but i don't think so. From what I understand you buy the animal clothes from the NPC animal dude and I think if you gift him wool they cost less. What I gathered from the livestream. Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    Actually I'm excited for everything. I like that the animals have a tooltip revealing their status. If they're not going to make cats and dogs playable, maybe they'll at least add that. I'm only disappointed that for some reason I thought the ponds would be swimmable, but of course they're not and I don't think it was ever said or shown that they would be. I must have dreamed it haha.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Actually since I'm playing yet another I-have-way-too-many-Sims save, it's the new neighborhood I'm most looking forward to, I always need the extra housing. But I'm always up for new activities so my sims have a wide variety of things to do.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    No opinion.
    ldmarko wrote: »
    Actually since I'm playing yet another I-have-way-too-many-Sims save, it's the new neighborhood I'm most looking forward to, I always need the extra housing. But I'm always up for new activities so my sims have a wide variety of things to do.

The Sims 4 will probably never have the flexibility of The Sims 3 or The Sims 2 in regards to lot placement, and free lot placement is what this game badly needs at this point.

The Sims 2 did have free lot placement, but the lotimposters were heavily pixelated. Now, if EA actually works on a life simulation game with the free lot placement of The Sims 2/3 and the beautiful graphics of The Sims 4, that'd be perfect!
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I really just needed another world and it’ll be the perfect spot for my royal sims of windenburg to have a second country home. But I am also excited for the new animals and ponds as well.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    :/ More not interested I am not into farming or gardening, just not my interest or something came out of snow-white so guessing have to wait for a game pack hopefully something catches my interest.

Like "Dream Home Decorator"?
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options

Heh heh! I'll have to make a CC "sign", "decal", or "painting". for this when the pack is out. :D
    DqGIDdf.jpg
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    CharlotteT92CharlotteT92 Posts: 18 Member
    Mostly the aesthetic for me tbh. Also as someone from the UK I'm really excited for the general vibe of the world - it'll be cool to have my Sims living somewhere that looks like I could conceivably visit for a weekend.
  • Options
    Mostly the aesthetic for me tbh. Also as someone from the UK I'm really excited for the general vibe of the world - it'll be cool to have my Sims living somewhere that looks like I could conceivably visit for a weekend.

Nice!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    susannesimssusannesims Posts: 128 Member
    I love cottagecore so this pack is so up my alley it could have half the content and I'd still buy it at full price. EVERYTHING caters to my interests
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    New lot challenges to keep busy with.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    CL will give my Sims many new activities to do, such as caring for the new animals, while keeping my Sims very busy with their gardening as well as with their social lives. This pack is full of new things for everyone in the family to do. Every game changer video I have seen has given me more insight into what this pack is all about, and I can't wait to play with all of it. I'm prepared for some of the new game play to become repetitious after a few months, but I can also see myself becoming totally immersed in the game again after a long spell of getting bored after playing for two to three hours. The re-playability factor in this pack is quite high in my book because it meshes with my personal gaming style so well. I actually like the backstories of the pre-mades this time around, which is something that almost never happens, and that makes the new world so much more interesting I actually won't be deleting a single one of them. Even grumpy Mrs. Crumplebottom can stay. I don't have high hopes for this pack not having a few bugs upon it's release; but I think I can ignore one or two just so I can play with the chickens or run a few errands for the citizens in need of a helping hand.