Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should weddings be an expansion pack or not?

EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
edited July 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
There were so many great suggestions on The Sims 4: Weddings Pack idea. What do you think about this idea?

Here’s the thread that involves all the ideas for an wedding pack:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/991520/wedding-pack/p1

Should weddings be an expansion pack or not? 64 votes

Yes, it should! I would love to have a weddings expansion pack
21%
crocobauraSimburiang01denswanjheyjuneiceWinifred_WillowMikeDKJediMuppetMrsC1990EliteGirlAyKooChaoGirafHuntrCharolette_MagdaflaminganakinServal 14 votes
No, thank you.
56%
Rflong7Bluebeard45lisamwittPlayerSinger2010haneulAnmirlafriendlysimmersalanmichael1catloverplayerpajamajam07BabykittyjadeTLM08EnkiSchmidtJon the WizardLSM36DominicLaurenceHearts4ucomicsforlifeGrumpyGlowfishmikamakimon 36 votes
Maybe. I will have to think it over.
21%
redrogue60MichelleWMysticalMummaJMEllis2020kappowancalipossPamtastic72ZiafarkaiwrysimsSERVERFRASimmingalCalico45temporalgodhymnhehim 14 votes

Comments

• Options
    Be sure to read all the pages on the thread before voting.
  • Options
    caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    Maybe not an entire expansion pack but I would love a stuff pack focused on weddings :smile:
    he/him
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Sure, they should be an EP. And that EP should come with at least three wedding/honeymoon destination options. :) And wedding limo and champagne toasting set.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited July 2021
    No, thank you.
    I rarely even have weddings for my Sims. Of course it's mainly because they don't work so well, but I don't need a full expansion pack for the weddings.
    I'd rather would like EA to fix the weddings to work better on the basegame.
    Instead of wedding pack I'd love to have a romance game pack (no need to be an expansion, game pack would be enough) with more romantic actions, different kind of dates, online dating, slow dancing etc.
  • Options
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I rarely even have weddings for my Sims. Of course it's mainly because they don't work so well, but I don't need a full expansion pack for the weddings.
    I'd rather would like EA to fix the weddings to work better on the basegame.
    Instead of wedding pack I'd love to have a romance game pack (no need to be an expansion, game pack would be enough) with more romantic actions, different kind of dates, online dating, slow dancing etc.

They could add romance stuff to the weddings EP, dates, dances, kisses, etc.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I wouldn't want an entire expansion pack centered around a singular event such as weddings, but I would 100% purchase a game pack centered around weddings provided it included many of the elements from the original thread.
    That being said, I would purchase an expansion pack that included weddings as part of a larger pack such as generations, a romance pack, or a pack that combined weddings with travel for destination weddings/customs/honeymoons.
    My preferred locations in such a pack would be Maldives, Bali, and Italy.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Personally, I think the Wedding should be a Gameplay Pack with a Niagara Falls type world, veils, tiaras, baby breaths, bridesmaids, groomsmen, flower girl, maid-of-honor, best-man, bachelor/bachelorette Party, wedding gift openings,
    wedding-official, reception, waltz dancing, throwing-the-bouquet, tossing-the-garter, honeymoon, in-bed-cuddling &
    in-bed-kissing. <3<3
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Personally, I think the Wedding should be a Gameplay Pack with a Niagara Falls type world, veils, tiaras, baby breaths, bridesmaids, groomsmen, flower girl, maid-of-honor, best-man, bachelor/bachelorette Party, wedding gift openings,
    wedding-official, reception, waltz dancing, throwing-the-bouquet, tossing-the-garter, honeymoon, in-bed-cuddling &
    in-bed-kissing. <3<3

People already suggested bridesmaids, honeymoons, and wedding veils. I suggested the types of cakes, flowers, outfits for the bridesmaids and outfits for the groom and bride already. But I do agree we need an Niagara Falls world for the Wedding pack. We haven’t had a Canadian theme world yet.
  • Options
    Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    No, thank you.
    I'd say a Stuff Pack at most.
  • Options
    edited July 2021

There are already too many stuff packs, in my opinion. There doesn’t need to be another one. I say weddings should be an expansion pack OR a game pack. Think of the potential, how awesome it would be.
  • Options
    EliteGirl wrote: »

There are already too many stuff packs, in my opinion. There doesn’t need to be another one. I say weddings should be an expansion pack OR a game pack. Think of the potential, how awesome it would be.

Updated weddings should definitely be part of a romance EP. They could add matchmakers, online dating, more dance options, more romance interactions, family relationships like mother in law and brother in law, group photography for up to 20 sims, better buffet tables and catering options, hotels for wedding destinations and as wedding party location, etc.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »
    EliteGirl wrote: »

Updated weddings should definitely be part of a romance EP. They could add matchmakers, online dating, more dance options, more romance interactions, family relationships like mother in law and brother in law, group photography for up to 20 sims, better buffet tables and catering options, hotels for wedding destinations and as wedding party location, etc.

Exactly. Online dating and matchmakers could be added too as well as the brother in laws and/or sister in laws, more romance interactions as well as picking the wedding location/destination. I completely agree that a wedding EP should happen.

The only problem I have is that photography taken of 20 sims might crash the game, and make it NOT work. Just a concern of mine.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    No, thank you.
    No. Weddings are too narrow a topic for an EP. A whole pack for a single event type that typically happens only once in a life is a waste of an EP.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    No, thank you.
    My Sims get married in the bathroom. So I'll pass on this idea but thanks for asking.
  • Options
    Simmer889Simmer889 Posts: 23 Member
    No, thank you.
    I voted no thank you but I want it in game. However, I do not want it as entire expansion pack. I really enjoy planning weddings in game. I would like to have the ability to select a wedding party (parents of the bride and groom, best man, maid of honour, groomsmen, bridesmaid, ring boy, flower girl, etc) and the ability to choose their outfits. Following on, once the wedding starts, the sims in the wedding party will play their part until the couple exchange vows. For instance, flower girls throw petals and father walk bride down the aisle. After the vows are exchange, the sims in the wedding party will return to autonomy.

Also, photography will need to be improved so that we can take pictures of the married couple with their entire wedding party and the ability to set poses for the wedding party in the photos, especially the couple.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Not an expansion but in a stuff pack I would like more to do with more wedding attire, decorations, and gameplay in game.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I don't know if it should be a full fledged EP, but I do think it could use some bolstering be it it's own pack or as a part of another pack. Perhaps something Generations-esque.

I wouldn't turn down a free update either, but considering the base feature is BG it wouldn't be odd for it to be expanded by DLC.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    No, thank you.
    Weddings are far too narrow of a topic for a full expansion pack. I'd say maybe a stuff pack if focusing on weddings soley, or as part of a romance centered gamepack.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    No, thank you.
    Not weddings themselves but if it comes in a romance pack then yes to that.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    No, thank you.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    in-bed-kissing. <3<3

Yes this.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    No, thank you.
    sorry i will have to say no since i mostly keep my sims single and unmarried and if i went my sims to have a family i will have them adopt
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I was thinking this wouldn't just be a wedding expansion but a whole expansion on romance. I was thinking this would be a game pack but they could do a lot of things in the romance theme. Not sure if it would fill an expansion but it's possible.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited July 2021
    Meanwhile I would love romance pack I wouldn't circle it all over getting married though.
    especially in ep size

also maybe if they were to do ep they could do more like ''life events''
    with funerals/death events, weddings, bachelor/ette parties, prom, birthdays, splitting inheritance etc.

it could also have memories system (finally)
    and maybe ''celebration hall'' lot type where you could hold the bigger events
    and graveyards

oor then do like really bomb romance pack with just addition of weddings
    like everyday romance rather than only wedding things
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    No, thank you.
    If it comes with a semi-active wedding planner career, playable honeymoons, a romantic new world that is ideal for weddings and/or honeymoons, and more romantic gameplay (new interactions, an attraction system, etc.), it might make for a good GP. But even then, I would put the main focus on romance in general rather than just weddings, because as much as people may think of their wedding day as the most beautiful day in their life, it doesn't translate that well into TS4, and I don't see it enhancing the lives of sims who don't plan on getting married. An EP should (... doesn't always, I know, but it really should) add something to the game as a whole, not just one particular niche, and I don't see that potential in a wedding pack.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Might be interesting if it included many types of weddings and venues and lots of CAS outfits for attendees and family. All sorts of costumes and accessories and building objects for many countries. A Royal wedding perhaps? receptions and banquets? wedding cars and carriages?