Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are you hoping to see on the Cottage Living Livestream?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I would like to find out more details about the simple living and off-the-grid challenges, especially any improvements they might have implemented with off-the-grid. I hope there will be new items to help flesh this out, without having to rely on other packs.

If farm animals could die, could they also get sick? Like many other players, I've been considering placing a vet as one of my playable households, but it wouldn't serve much purpose for this pack if they are only limited to treating cats and dogs.

I would also like to learn more about groceries, but just as important, will there be new ways for our sims to sell off their crops and produce?

• Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'd like to know whether our Sims can go on Nature hikes in H-O-B.
    Also, whether they can walk around the Snail.
  • Options
    plutoplumbobplutoplumbob Posts: 47 Member
    The new townies, since the community bond/gossip and errands seems to be an important part of HoB

Group activities (cooking, gardening and picnic) - it would be ideal if they spent a day with a family and did stuff together while encountering the new townies - a day in the life in HoB!

The ruins/forest areas

The festival
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I would like to see the Lot challenges and the lot sizes mainly. But I would also like to see the pond tool and a festival. Some more about the animals and canning would be nice. I can't wait for this pack.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I would like to see how the judging works at the Finchwick festival as far as who get's the top prize goes in the live stream.
  • Options
    JaycemeSwainJaycemeSwain Posts: 8 New Member
    I'd honestly love to hear an update to plantsims, even if we aren't getting faires in the pack. This would be a perfect time to see them get an overhaul in the update before
  • Options
    kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    A tour of the world, some households, kids baking and animals :)
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Speaking of lots, will we get a new lot type? Is the challenge an actual kit type or a lot trait?

The Simple Living lot challenge is something you can add to residential lots in addition to lot traits - SimGuruRomeo said we can add as many lot challenges as we want and lot traits like off the grid and some from other packs will be converted to challenges, probably as a way to free up space since lot traits are more limited

You are the second person I have seen who has said that lot traits will be converted to challenges. What does that mean? Does that mean traits like Off-the-grid will now only be useable in challenges? I would hate that. Why can't we just have new and old lot traits which are both useable in challenges and useable throughout the residential lots in the world as a whole? I would like Simple Living to be a Lot trait I can just add to all of my Off the grid households, without having any other kind of challenge or game mechanic in play.

I guess this means that I want to know about Lot Challenges and how Simple Living will work in the game as a whole, and not just with this EP.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    I want to know if there is a new way to sell produce. For the first time ever I’m hoping for a new sales table that bundles up harvestables so that they are not on the table individually.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    It's really all about the world and the lots for me. I'm already all in, I've preordered, and now I just want to start firming up my plans for what I'm going to do with the lots.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Speaking of lots, will we get a new lot type? Is the challenge an actual kit type or a lot trait?

The Simple Living lot challenge is something you can add to residential lots in addition to lot traits - SimGuruRomeo said we can add as many lot challenges as we want and lot traits like off the grid and some from other packs will be converted to challenges, probably as a way to free up space since lot traits are more limited

You are the second person I have seen who has said that lot traits will be converted to challenges. What does that mean? Does that mean traits like Off-the-grid will now only be useable in challenges? I would hate that. Why can't we just have new and old lot traits which are both useable in challenges and useable throughout the residential lots in the world as a whole? I would like Simple Living to be a Lot trait I can just add to all of my Off the grid households, without having any other kind of challenge or game mechanic in play.

I guess this means that I want to know about Lot Challenges and how Simple Living will work in the game as a whole, and not just with this EP.

I haven't seen that either.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I tweeted this thread to SimGuruFrost,SimGuruRomeo and TheSims on Twitter.
  • Options
    ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member

I haven't seen that either.

That’s based on the latest patch. The off the grid lot trait had its description altered (and none of the other base game traits were changed). Several other lot traits from various packs had their descriptions changed the same way:
    Cursed
    Filthy
    Gremlins
    Grody
    Landfill Lot
    Quake zone
    Reduce and Recycle
    Spooky
    Volcanic Activity

I assume that means that these will become lot challenges as well (the gurus confirmed that there would be others with different packs).

At a guess the lot challenges function identically to lot traits, only the challenges are unlimited in number (confirmed by gurus) while the traits are restricted to 3 per lot, so the existing traits that will become challenges won’t actually change in any noticeable way, it will just free up more lot trait slots.
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    * world overview
    * tours of each lot (residential and community)
    * introduce premades
    * CAS
    * Build/Buy

I don’t mind keeping gameplay a surprise. I just want to know the place and people so I can start planning my builds and sim to play with.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    Lots of gameplay and less CAS & build and buy stuff.
    Also it should be hosted by experienced Sim gurus that know what they're doing and don't spend too much time rambling about one thing.
  • Options
    Kimmer wrote: »
    Also it should be hosted by experienced Sim gurus that know what they're doing and don't spend too much time rambling about one thing.

Romeo I believe is showing it off.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »

Romeo I believe is showing it off.
    Great to hear, I like him. :)