Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should we have a Mexican themed world?

Since we are talking about diversity here, I think it would be a good idea to add a Mexican themed world. What do you think about this idea, everyone?

Should we have a Mexican themed world? 39 votes

Yes, definitely!
66%
crocobauraLeGardePourprencisGibbs02SnuffyBucketbloodydarkangljheyjuneiceBabykittyjadeChampandGirliegarapoesStrawberryYogurtcomicsforlifeChazzzyChicklet453681pointefulPeralEliteGirldearie_blossomDaWaterRatNightlyCoffeetemporalgod 26 votes
Maybe, I will need to think about this idea
20%
lisamwittMizzila1297LSM36SERVERFRASimmingal[Deleted User]VeeDubTuskor 8 votes
No, too boring for me.
12%
Anmirlag01denswanpammiechickpandie00Ziafar 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Yes, definitely!
    sure why not
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    Well idk
    I don't really know anything about Mexico except that american movies like to color it yellow and that there be good food

so i find it hard to think of gameplay additions this would suit like in particular

but maybe it could be good
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I think in jungle adventure we touched on not just Mexican culture but Latin Culture and with the Latin American Month we got food but another world might be great since the worlds are so small anyways.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    No, too boring for me.
    I think the phrasing of the "no" position is too harsh. I don't think Mexican themes are boring at all but...

I just feel we have that theme covered in Jungle Adventure and I think we need to explore other cultures before revisiting Latin culture again.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    I think the phrasing of the "no" position is too harsh. I don't think Mexican themes are boring at all but...

I just feel we have that theme covered in Jungle Adventure and I think we need to explore other cultures before revisiting Latin culture again.

That's why I didn't pick no. I don't think it's boring, I just feel like we may have already covered the kinds of themes that would be brought into a Mexican themed world. If there was anything else they wanted to add, I think it could be brought in in a patch.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Can a company known for cutting corners do a Culture Kit correctly and would they come away with a fat profit ?. Doing Culture's is opening Pandora's box. You do for one then you must do for the others. It's all about money.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yes, definitely!
    If it works a different theme than we have, I am fine with it. My first thought was that we don't have anything like Mexico City but yes, I think there could be more with a Mexican theme at some point. Maybe they could mash-up a few regions of Mexico that we do not have.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited July 2021
    Yes, definitely!
    @ChampandGirlie I agree with mashing up different Mexican areas like Mexico City, Cancun and a few other Mexican areas that havenโ€™t been made for The Sims 4 yet. We donโ€™t have Day of the dead, enchiladas, tamales, and tacos. We also donโ€™t have quinceaneras. Thatโ€™s why it would be a good idea to have a Mexican themed expansion pack, to expose people to different things that are Mexican.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Yes, definitely!
    I have no idea what else they could add in a pack devoted entirely to Mexico. I would like some mariachi singers but otherwise I think they pretty much covered it with the Oasis Springs, Selvadorada and the free cooking update. There's even mood berries to sell if you fancy. Maybe they could make the day of the dead celebration a permanent calendar holiday and give us a Quinceanera party for the teens. I am not very familiar with Mexico, except for little I know from watching mexican telenovelas in my youth. Maybe a telenovelas channel on TV would be fun as well.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Yes, definitely!
    Tequila and soap operas <3
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Yes, definitely!
    Yes a Mexican world would be good. ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! ๐Ÿ˜Šโ˜•๏ธ๐ŸŒž
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    Yes, definitely!
    Yes! I would love a latin world to live in. I think Selvadorada is beautiful, but it's a vacation world that we can only visit. I'm not a big fan of the jungle theme either, so if there is an actual latin world with a better theme I'd be happy. Oasis Springs is a close fit, but I think it's based more on southwestern US.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    If there's a Zorro sim with his black horse, spanish dances, spanish outfits, hairstyles, accessories, decor & objects.
  • Options
    EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Yes, definitely!
    No offense but Mexicans and Spanish people are different, not the same.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No offense but Mexicans and Spanish people are different, not the same.
    Seeing how much influence Mexico had from Spain be it language architecture and so on not to mention almost 60% of the population being part Spanish I'd say different but they do take heavily from Spain.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited July 2021
    Yes, definitely!
    They have Day of the Dead, it's like Halloween combined with Remembrance day, you just have to be careful, you don't bring home any uninvited guests into your homes, might be good to burn some sage before heading home, since spirits can get attached to people IRL, a Mexican world would also need to replace Grim with a female reaper who goes by the name of La Santa Muerte, maybe adding Kulikitaka to the radio, it's a really good song.